Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price inflation and the Thai Rent Boy Index

Price inflation and the Thai Rent Boy Index

Regular readers of Silom's Blog http://gaythailand.blogspot.com/ will know that I once posted there, taking issue with Silom's view of price inflation in Thailand, and he came up with a Thai Rent Boy Index based on my comments. For those unable to make it over to Silom's Blog to fossick through the Comments, here is my latest post (unlike certain other people I won't be posting here and on Another Site)

At great personal expense I have been conducting research into variants and embellishments for the Thai Rent Boy Index. Dream Boy has cut their fixed charge for Fri/Sat night entry from 300 baht (and free drink) to 270 baht (and free drink). It is unclear whether this is a 10% "low season" discount. However the boy I "offed" last night, while giving no 10% discount himself, was perfectly happy with 1500 baht so there's no movement on price inflation there

There is, however, movement on the Marble House Standard Two-Hour (no sex please) Massage Index. This stood at 300 baht for many, many years but moved up 10% around about the time when the new millenium was ushered in. When I first started living in Bangkok (1988) there was Marble House and there was Bodie Care and that was about it. Now you can't move in Soi Wall Street Inn without some pushy madam trying to tempt you inside, and the footpaths of both Silom and Suriwong abound with price lists and (somewhat desultory) touts. I expect therefore that the MHSTHMI has been somewhat limited in upwards movement by increased competition

Yesterday however I noticed a new price list at Marble House reception. 400 baht, or a smidgin over 21% - but the first rise in roughly 5 years, and only a 33% increase over the 1988 price (if my memory is correct - and it may not be). Oh, and the Index will have to be re-named. Marble House is now Tsukuba Kenkou Center and does seem to have more Japanese customers. (My regular masseur told me "Japanese no good" but that cannot have been a racist comment since, as we know, racism is a vice solely of white middle-aged men). And if you're after a good massage (no sex please) #21 is my recommendation. Mr Jed. The Index is henceforth known as the TKCSTHMI - a bit of a mouthful (somewhat like last night's boy) - but there you are

Liked
    So was that your roundabout way of telling us you had sex? hehehehe :geek:
    These are the good'ol days

hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    So was that your roundabout way of telling us you had sex? hehehehe
    I think you hit the head....Unless he just wanted to impress us with the word, fossick.
    "For those unable to make it over to Silom's Blog to fossick through the Comments..."

Don't be too impressed. GoGo Boys will have sex with the Elephant man for 1500 baht

Quote Originally Posted by one2go
    Don't be too impressed. GoGo Boys will have sex with the Elephant man for 1500 baht
    Especially the Elephant man!

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiquila
    Quote Originally Posted by one2go
    Especially the Elephant man!
    Elephant man - is this elephantspikes or mrsydney alias boygeorge, etc? If the first, unkind. If the second, unkind to the first.

Still cheap ...

anyone been with rent boyz on this side of the water i.e. in the UK - if you look at QX, rent boyz say "great deals" "cheap rates" and the like - and the minimum is 100 pounds and that is for "at their place", then they have all these "add on charges", such as 2 hours = 200 pounds, outcalls another 30 pounds plus cost of taxis both ways, available only from certain hours etc etc. Overnight stays are a minimum of 500 pounds. I phoned up a Thai guy once in London and he wanted near enough 150 pounds.

So, 1500 bht is cheap really isnt it, and for all the cheap skates out there 700-800 bht is a bargain.

elephantspike

I Am Not An Animal!

Quote Originally Posted by cottman
    Elephant man - is this elephantspikes or mrsydney alias boygeorge, etc? If the first, unkind. If the second, unkind to the first.
    Just to clear-up any confusion, this is the Elephant Man(aka, Joseph Merrick):

Life Story of Joseph Carey Merrick

And this is me (Elephantspike):

No life story published as of yet. I am hoping that the best chapters are yet to come.

King of the jungle

Elephantspikes, do you have an elephant for a friend? That must be glorius.

Fool hardy?

By the way, don't you think its a bit risky to have an elephant pick you up ala your photo? These are not dogs and cats. They were brutally trained to do these behaviors (including giving rides) and could snap at any moment. And you could too with 50,000 plus muscles wrapped around you.