Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regarding restaurants

Re: Regarding restaurants

He sounds like an old Altzheimer Queen from SP

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    What's this got to do with Thailand? ..... Who the hell is GB?
    And where the hell are the police (the mods) when they actually have a job to do??

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Fishing
    What's this got to do with Thailand? ..... Who the hell is GB?
    And where the hell are the police (the mods) when they actually have a job to do??
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerton
    Secrets of the sgt board Critics

How do you complain without embarrassing yourself? What should you expect to happen once you speak up? First, tell your moderator that there's a problem, and describe it factually, like, "I just found this piece of garbish on here.

What's considered an appropriate tip now?
    [/quote]

keep your opinions on Bahtstop. :bot:
    [color=#0000BF]why you no risson[/color]

Liked

Thailand has thousands of restaurants, I think this is a great guide as to what to look for when you explore a new restaurant. It also gives ideas how to better critique a restaurant when you post one here on the board. I never go into the other forums and am glad this was posted here as I found it informative. As for the maroons shaking their limp wristed hands over their heads screaming "what does this have to do with Thailand?" all I can say is take the information and run with it. How many times can the same dumb ass questions be rehashed? Examples:

1 Has anyone stayed at...thanks in advance
    2 Joiners fees
    3 Off fees
    4 Flights to...
    5 Is _______ gay friendly?
    6 Low season, what's it like?

The list can just go on and on. I'm glad this was posted and hope it remains in this forum. The cry babies should get together, stomp their feet, and talk about which venues they troll for their "free" sex.

Why not just give us your opinion and....

...leave Gaybutton out of it?
    From the posts of yours I've seen on other boards you have a good deal of knowledge of food, restraunts and cooking.
    You'll only end up trashing your own threads by bringing up GB. He doesn't post here. Most of us old timers know he's a guy that just likes a good "tuck-in" - lots of good food at a cheap price. And frankly, there are a lot of posters here (and travelers and expats) who want the same and couldn't be bothered with haute-cuisine (unless it was cheap).

I for one would love to see your postings on this board. I'm always interested in good restaurants in Thailand and I wish there was more talk about that on this board. I just can't afford to eat out a lot here in San Francisco with the average hole-in-the-wall place charging $25 per person (of course we now insist everyone gives their employees health insurance...but still). I save up my bucks for eating out in Thailand so I'm always looking out for interesting advice. I like Sphinx. I like Casa Pascal. I like Olivier's (I liked it better with the original owner). I really liked the food-court in Siam Paragon where you can get food from several different restaurants (can't remember its name). I loved Cabbages and Condoms on Sukumvit.

I think there's a market for people like us here, Tuckerton, just like there's a market for Gaybutton's following.
    My advice is write for your market and forget the others.

PS...I loved your recipie for Potatoes Au Gratin. Made my mouth water. Unfortunately, though I love to eat good food my cooking expertise is limited to making toast and boiling water..... :tongue3:

PPS Though, I CAN make a mean Manhattan. Everyone has their niche.... :drunken:

Mea Culpa!

My apologies for posting this thread on the wrong posting board. I am new to gay Thailand posting boards and I intended to post my comments on the board that Gay button moderates. I mistook Sawatdee GayThaliand for GayThailand board.

As Lily Tomlin used to say on the old TV show Laugh-In: "Never Mind."

Chef Tuckerton

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerton
    Mea Culpa!

My apologies for posting this thread on the wrong posting board. I am new to gay Thailand posting boards and I intended to post my comments on the board that Gay button moderates. I mistook Sawatdee GayThaliand for GayThailand board.

As Lily Tomlin used to say on the old TV show Laugh-In: "Never Mind."

Chef Tuckerton

Actually it was Gilda Radner (as Emily Litella) on Saturday Night Live, but never mind.

Lily Tomlin did it first.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Bunny
    Lily Tomlin did it first.
    Sez you. Where or when? Shakespeare probably did it first (citation needed), but it was popularized--made a catch phrase--by Gilda. So there. (THAT was Lily Tomlin, as Edith Ann).

What's this got to do with Thailand?
    My reply was posted on a thread entitled "Global Forum" NOT "Gay Thailand."

In addition to the heavily Gay scene here in certain towns and cities found in Thailand, I assumed that "Global Thailand" was an invitation to tourists -- be they straight, gay, bi, or asexual -- to read about the total span of interesting places to see and visit AND DINE. Your proposal that posts on Global Forum be limited to people who are Gay or who have Gay Interests is narrow minded and can be very counterproductive. Tourism is tourism and dining-out as an overall attraction should serve as an invitation to visit a given country or location, even if dining reviews include schlock cheap greasy spoons, fast food joints such as MacDonalds, or in the case of Thailand interesting "native" Thai Foods offered by Street Venders, Sit-down full service restaurants featuring 'authentic' 'pan' or 'regional' Thai dishes or local flavors. Also included should be reviews of restaurants which specialize in European foods or other ethnic menus (be they English, American,Tex-Mex, Indian, Morocian, Chinese, Japanese, Australian, or Kosher) ALL deserve to be reviewed by anyone who has the gumption and experience to do so.
    Also spracht Tuckerton! http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/posting.php?mode=smilies&f=12#