Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Be Aware Of Rude Secutiry Guards At Silom Complex

Be Aware Of Rude Secutiry Guards At Silom Complex

I am a well respected Thai businessman in Bangkok with my own restaurants. Recently my farang friend and I were waiting for another friend in Silom Complex at the bottom of the moving stairs to go to Powerbuy. Before our other friend could join us a security guard came up to me and told me to move away. I refused as there was no reason that I should, that area is the area for you to stand and is not in anyone's way. When you go to a shopping mall you can stand wherever you like, if they have the sign up that is different but there was no sign. I did tell the first security guard that I was waiting for a friend to join us and then we would go up to Powerbuy to look at some LCD TV's, he seemed ok with that but the second one did not listen to my reason and said :

"why donтАЩt you go and discuss the price for your services somewhere else".
    I asked him " Why do you think I am a money boy? Please be polite and pay respect to people" and then I said yet again" I am waiting for a friend to join us here and then we will go power buy"

He said ( security guard ) " Whatever the reason you can not stand here , go somewhere else , here there are many place places to sit"
    I was so shocked that all I could think to do was to ask to see his manager. Even more shocking was the reply to me that he was the security manager ( thats what he told me, but by the look of him he did not look like a security guard manager ). I said to him that I will complain to the management and the owner here about your attitude, he said " go ahead and do it , I don't care !!!!"
    By this time our other friend had arrived so we went to powerbuy to get away from this disgusting man. After my friend bought his TV , I did call to the customers service center to complain about it all, but I am not sure they will do anything with it or just leave it. But I will also write to Human Resources department at Silom Complex to complain.

This topic, I just want people to be aware of the security guards there , they not friendly, they searching for gay people who looking to hook up there. I have a friend who was forced to pay money after they set up the boy in the toilet there. I am regular customer who goes there to pay bills , and buy stuff because it is convinience for me to get there. :angryfire: :angryfire:

Re: Be Aware Of Rude Secutiry Guards At Silom Complex

Maybe if would help if you sent letters to some of the businesses in the mall that you patronize, like Powerbuy, and let them know what happened to you and that you'll be spending your money elsewhere. Maybe, being tenants that rely on customers to survive, they can pressure the mall admin to address their security's attitude.

Thanks soi_toi. This also good idea, I will send letter to Power Buy too.

Thanks Bottoms Up for your point, I do understand the building have many money boys around, try to hook up with foriengner, I live in this area for almost 10 years , I notice what going on in the toilet there, but I never really interesting in that, I go there for shopping and pay my bills. I do understand them point trying to stop some people doing that, but the way their doing it, it not right at least they should trains their security guards how to do it in polite ways. Not something like this rude and unrespectful....

You were the victim of a common assumption in developing countries that a local seen socializing with a white person is a prostitute. White people have to put up with this and it's consequences all the time. I blame the the whore vendees who seem to be fairly prevalent in the membership of this board.

I better shut up now as I'll be 70 soon and may have to start paying.

My guess:

You are a former money boy who has been set up with a restaurant by your sugar daddy.

You still look and act like a money boy.

Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Liked

I dont go to malls to pick up money boys,the go gos are just fine.So dont blame me,even though you could call me a whore mongerer.I only pay for sex since Im on a short vacation and Im too lazy to put much effort in picking someone up. And being called a sex tourist is not cool. I came to Thailand to buy real estate initially,but soon found the bars and easy sex. So maybe you can call me a real sex tourist. :idea:

Thanks for your negative view Beach Bunny... you might think that, but I am not formal money , I am working hard for my future from University in bangkok and start work with company after that I start my small restaurant 5 years ago with my saving ( local restaurant ) and now runing the second restaurants. I think people should not look at the person from outside, I dress normal, but just I standing next to the white guy , most of people already think I am money boy.

Liked

There are no places to sit in Silom Complex unless you purchase something. I would have asked the guy if he was willing to buy me a cup of coffee at Chester's.

Then I would have reminded him of Thailand's infamously strict slander laws. Not civil laws for lawsuits, but criminal laws.

I think that if you really to get this guy to change his act you should speak directly to the security company's management. This may not be the property manager; most often the job is contracted out.

Thai people are usually very good and telling who is who and what is what. If they are constantly taking you for a money boy, I think you need to examine how you look, dress, and act.