Gays in Prison тАУ An aid worker's view (18 August 2009)
http://www.planetromeo.com/

Hola, I work with Doctors Without Borders and everywhere I go, gays are illegal.

In Guatemala they would not allow gays to enter the countryтАЩs only HIV program because the health minister said gays were people of low social impact and others had more right to life.

In Kyrgyzstan I visited jails where the caste system inside has gays at the bottom, literally. They must do sexual performances for all inmates and they suffer sexual abuse from all. Most have their teeth knocked out so they can suck better and no one is allowed to touch them (fucking is the exception) or you become a тАЬpethukiтАЭ like them.

In Ethiopia I met three men who were in prison for having sex. The top got 12 years and the other two bottoms - life sentences. The introduction to jail was to be in a cage outside (55 degrees in the sun) for one month. I paid a judge 100 dollars and got them all freed.

We need to celebrate our freedom and somehow use our freedom to bring others to light. It is a very small number of us who can marry, inherit and live among others as equals. Most live under the threat of violence or breaking the laws which unfortunately are strictly enforced.

Carlos