PDA

View Full Version : Is pattaya passion still up and running

Wesley
August 15th, 2009, 22:06
Just wondering as I went to visit and could not get in and no response to an email.

August 15th, 2009, 22:51
I doubt anyone actually cares. Complete waste of time and band width.

Smiles
August 15th, 2009, 23:48
Just wondering as I went to visit and could not get in and no response to an email.
Pattaya Passionista is certainly still alive, but just barely. 90% of the threads are started by the admin or the moderators, never a good sign.
A list of topics from the first page goes like this:

Ass or Arse -- an important discussion... [/*:m:1twvxki7]
Thai Toilets[/*:m:1twvxki7]
Same-sex hand holding[/*:m:1twvxki7]
The Venue -- New Show![/*:m:1twvxki7]
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, kcampb49![/*:m:1twvxki7]
How Many Drinks Will It Take To Kill You?[/*:m:1twvxki7]
Pepsi Vs. Coca-Cola[/*:m:1twvxki7]
Know Your Personality Type![/*:m:1twvxki7]
Random Thought -- Misused Words! New[/*:m:1twvxki7]
Anal bleaching...how to make a million in thailand [/*:m:1twvxki7]
Are Thai Guys Romantic?[/*:m:1twvxki7]
Warning! This Thread Is Guaranteed To Cause Moans & Groans!!![/*:m:1twvxki7]

Certainly the place to be if you'd like a little info on 'anal bleaching' Wes. The Pepsi/Coke Wars are also well documented. Also, go register there if you'd like all the other Members to wish you a Happy Birthday.

I think Wes, your problem with viewing The Passion of Pattaya may be that you are trying to do so without registering. Passion is a tightly-held club and unavailable ~ even for a peek ~ to the lowlifes at Sawatdee who cannot be bothered to register, but just want to look.
I registered under 'Smiles' when it first opened. Posted a rather innocuous criticism of something or other and was immediately banned for being 'uppity'.

Khor tose
August 16th, 2009, 00:23
Wes, with apology to Alf who is a nice guy, I cannot post on Pattaya Passion. I control my diabetes with diet alone. If I posted on that board I would have to take insulin for the sugar overload I would receive. PP is way to sweet, way to low key, and way to un-intellectual requiring you leave your manhood and dissenting opinions at the register door.

Bob
August 16th, 2009, 05:31
I registered under 'Smiles' when it first opened. Posted a rather innocuous criticism of something or other and was immediately banned for being 'uppity'.

If you would have sang "Oh Canada" and handed out bon bons, you wouldn't have had that problem!

I've gone to PP a couple of times in the last few months and see nothing happening. Even when I log in (which I just did), I show the last post was in February of this year.

Smiles
August 16th, 2009, 05:59
I am Sawatdee's mole on The Passion Play: life in Gotteramadramadamadung

August 16th, 2009, 11:56
it is still very much up and running. ignore these same naysayers. wes you must sign in every 30 days or the account is deleted. you can just reregister. i saw that there was a response on the main website www.pattayapassion.com (http://www.pattayapassion.com) so look again.

hope to see you back soon.

August 16th, 2009, 12:09
I've gone to PP a couple of times in the last few months and see nothing happening. Even when I log in (which I just did), I show the last post was in February of this year.

bob tyou must be looking at the old forum. goto www.pattayapassion.com/forum (http://www.pattayapassion.com/forum). there is plenty of posting happening there.

Smiles
August 16th, 2009, 12:10
it is still very much up and running. ignore these same naysayers. wes you must sign in every 30 days or the account is deleted. you can just reregister.i saw that there was a response on the main website http://www.pattayapassion.com so look again.

Alf, for my own info, what base is that little extra level of security meant to cover? Any bases left?

Bob
August 16th, 2009, 12:32

bob tyou must be looking at the old forum. goto http://www.pattayapassion.com/forum. there is plenty of posting happening there.

Hell, you're right! Guess that kinda tells you how often I go there. But will check it (the new site) out.

August 16th, 2009, 12:54
I am Sawatdee's mole on The Passion Play: life in Gotteramadramadamadung

Have you thought of immolating?

August 18th, 2009, 03:49
You can get in if your promise to buy a cheeseburger from the board owner.

Wesley
August 18th, 2009, 11:10
You can get in if your promise to buy a cheeseburger from the board owner.

Although I call this forum home, there is nothing wrong with variety in life. A little sugar instead of vinegar is occasionally nice. What posts I made there I took my time and actually had something to say. Obviously, I am not afraid to post there as well. However, calling them names only belittles this forum. If there were, nothing to be afraid of you would have been as usal, saying hey, I am sure they are up and running like usual you asshole Wes, likely you probably screwed up the registration. Now that sounds a bit more like Smiles except I did not, use the F word instead of screwed up

Honestly, Queens, The wonderful part about the world is individuality and often another personтАЩs bland is another personтАЩs interesting. Live and let live. Occasionally, I like to look at the Guys on Ting and Tong, answer a few polls. Oggleman always helps me with my pics and stores them on a special page for me. It has itтАЩs advantages as well and other than GayButtons' board I find all of them a bit amusing in their own way.Cruising for Sex is interesting to and it was the first forum I posted On. I have nothing but respect for the Owners and ones who keep it going. In addition, I guess if Gaybutton allowed an opinion other than his own I would like it there too.

Therefore, Smiles, this is by far the best biggest and most looked at forum, the spiciest in many ways and the other board likely will never top this onr. However, they do have things to offer to others who are not ready to have to defend every word and get pushed around by the spelling and grammar police. No one has some one check all the posts for originality as it is here. There, you can just kind of be yourself . I am not sure that is all bad. In addition, yes at times you can be a bit Uppity, like when you told me to fuck off for no good reason. So, Fuck off.

All the best Smiles you know I love you.

Have a nice day and be the best Homosexual you know how to be.

Wes

Beachlover
August 18th, 2009, 19:05
it is still very much up and running. ignore these same naysayers. wes you must sign in every 30 days or the account is deleted. you can just reregister. i saw that there was a response on the main website http://www.pattayapassion.com so look again.

Why are accounts deleted every 30 days?... I would say half the heavy users on this board would have periods of 1-3 months where they don't login at all. Dodger doesn't login when he's traveling. I didn't look at SGT for a 4-5 months at the start of this year. Isn't this a stupid hurdle to slap on when you're trying to get a forum started?

August 18th, 2009, 22:09
Wesley I probably shouldn't speak for Smiles but very likely he told you to fuck off because you are an irritating twat. However I could be wrong... but not about the twat part.

andrewcraig
August 20th, 2009, 12:00
With a bit of tongue in cheek, I posted to pattayapassion and gave a link at the bottom to this forum.

All I was doing was to see if what Alf gets away with on this forum would be allowed on PP. It wasnt and my membership cancelled.

Khor tose
August 20th, 2009, 17:29
With a bit of tongue in cheek, I posted to pattayapassion and gave a link at the bottom to this forum.

All I was doing was to see if what Alf gets away with on this forum would be allowed on PP. It wasnt and my membership cancelled.

Have you no shame? You must have caused negative vibes to resonate in their la-la universe. :cheers: :thumbright:

CoffeeBreak
August 20th, 2009, 19:13
I hear pattaya passion has comparitively few members, and the web site is generally considered excrutiatingly boring.
RIP PP.

Smiles
August 20th, 2009, 22:25
The Admin (AKA 'Passion Parliamentarian' ... flows off the tongue doesn't it) of Passion started a thread (and poll) a few days ago throwing out the idea that it might be a good idea to open up the Board for non-members to at least read. This topic was triggered by a sharp drop in posting over the last month or so.

The last time I looked, the poll results were siding very obviously with opening up the Board on a trial basis (65% for opening, 35% for maintaining staus quo). But the replies to the original post were lopsidedly against it. Our friend GayButton lead the charge and went quite apoplectic at the thought that the Great Unwashed public (AKA The Wankers of Sawatdee et al) should actually be allowed to read the board if not registered.

The thread was interesting in it's own fashion . . . until The Parliamentarian held up a wet finger to the wind and recognized a mass revolt when he saw one. The thread was subsequently moved to an obscure and hardly-read Forum, and closed for further comment. No more discussion about opening Passion to be read by non-members was allowed except by private PM.

elephantspike
August 21st, 2009, 01:10
That's understandable if they want to keep it a private club, but I would never do that. That is why they are invisible to search engines.

zinzone
August 21st, 2009, 01:14
I was a member of Pattaya Passion for a short while,but those or he or whoever moderating it is over bearing, into censorship for no reason, and posted some peculiar topics in the extreme. By virtue of its name I thought it is meant to be Pattaya related but one soon discovers that the owners of Pattaya Passion gives the impression of knowing little about Pattaya save for arse licking business owners in Pattaya or promoting what suits them or simply using it to massage some obviously fragile ego's.
Thank goodness we have sawatdee gay!

August 22nd, 2009, 09:59
.....Why are accounts deleted every 30 days?... I would say half the heavy users on this board would have periods of 1-3 months where they don't login at all. Dodger doesn't login when he's traveling. I didn't look at SGT for a 4-5 months at the start of this year. Isn't this a stupid hurdle to slap on when you're trying to get a forum started?

Ditto.

I don't have time to deal with the hassle of reregestering.
Being employed I just don't have the free time to peruse multiple boards all day long. Checking into Sawatdee twice a week is about all the time I can afford. I pop into the others occasionally to see what's going on but don't post.

I sympathise with American Teacher (or Chris, or Mr.Niddy or whatever he goes by) trying to keep his board clean of trolls and jackasses but I do think the "30 day re-regester" is a bit of a high hurdle.

August 22nd, 2009, 10:10
.....Why are accounts deleted every 30 days?... I would say half the heavy users on this board would have periods of 1-3 months where they don't login at all. Dodger doesn't login when he's traveling. I didn't look at SGT for a 4-5 months at the start of this year. Isn't this a stupid hurdle to slap on when you're trying to get a forum started?

Ditto.

I don't have time to deal with the hassle of reregestering.
Being employed I just don't have the free time to peruse multiple boards all day long. Checking into Sawatdee twice a week is about all the time I can afford. I pop into the others occasionally to see what's going on but don't post.

I sympathise with American Teacher (or Chris, or Mr.Niddy or whatever he goes by) trying to keep his board clean of trolls and jackasses but I do think the "30 day re-regester" is a bit of a high hurdle.

Why bother when it makes GayTingTong and its posters look like fun :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright:

Brad the Impala
August 22nd, 2009, 15:19

Given how quickly Alf usually responds to any reference to pattayapassion, it would seem that he has no comment on this topic!

Wesley
August 23rd, 2009, 01:41
Wesley I probably shouldn't speak for Smiles but very likely he told you to fuck off because you are an irritating twat. However I could be wrong... but not about the twat part.

I have had you on ignore so long I had forgotten you exist, Thank God, I thought you had gone with Homiturd. Twat is an improvement on your part. And yes, I am sure Smiles doesn't need you to speak for him. Now back in your cage you twat.

Wes

August 23rd, 2009, 02:24
That's understandable if they want to keep it a private club, but I would never do that. That is why they are invisible to search engines.

exactly.

Wesley
August 23rd, 2009, 10:03

exactly.

I do agree that the 30 day thing is a bit much in that often I am in flight from one place to another and often may not log on any where for a while until I have internet access established that is private and secure. I would think a 3 month period with out a post or log in would be more likely to keep people on the forum. I am getting ready to change countries again in 3 weeks, So, I see no need to log in and not know how busy I will be before I log back in again. I personally think that may be a mistake. However, how private you want the forum is totally up to the owner, However, some in-put from outsiders could be a help not a hindrance. I have found that the value of being a good listener is more effective than controlling everything around you.

but , to each his own in my opinion,

All the best Alf see you when I get moved in again,

Wes

Smiles
August 23rd, 2009, 10:39
exactly.
Alf, you're an idiot. Some months ago I mentioned on this Board (and on Pattaya Passion) that the Forum there was more a private club than a message board. You disagreed wholeheartedly.
Now you agree it is ... exactly.

Khor tose
August 23rd, 2009, 11:00
exactly.

Alf, I want to know if you have any sense of fair play. Do you think it is okay to advertise Pattaya Passion on this board when someone trying to advertise SGT on Pattaya Passion gets kicked off? Sure sounds kind of shitty to me, and seems to be just another example of the self-aggrandizement of the board's owner/moderator. I think I am becoming very disenchanted with you. Do you watch Fox news? The reason I ask is you seem to fall into the class of someone who can be fooled all the time.

August 23rd, 2009, 12:51
khor tose. i am sorry if i upset you somehow. i didnt mean to do that. i think you have always been very fair and understanding and i always respect your opinion. i dont think that by having pattaya passion at the bottom of my signature is any different from many other users and their signatures. also if it were a problem i am sure the management of this board would have said something. if it is not a problem for them why is it for you? as for the truth or untruth of a post being deleted on pattaya passion because it had a link, all i can say is i have never seen that. but it is not my board i am just a user so i think you would be better off sending an email to the owner info@pattayapassion.com.

if we really think about it, this thread is probably more of a promotion for pattaya passion than any of my little signatures. so keep talking!

Khor tose
August 23rd, 2009, 13:21
i dont think that by having pattaya passion at the bottom of my signature is any different from many other users and their signatures. also if it were a problem i am sure the management of this board would have said something.

if we really think about it, this thread is probably more of a promotion for pattaya passion than any of my little signatures. so keep talking!

Yes, you do have some points, but I do not see any good things being said by anyone but Wes, and he is definitely under the weather today. :drunken:

Okay sorry I got crabby. It is just me being human and the main reason why I reject your board for myself. I will always believe that the owner/moderator has some kind of problem, but that is no reason to take it out on you. Nine more days and my new permanent home will be in Chiang Mai. Do visit some time.

elephantspike
August 23rd, 2009, 13:34
Chiang Mai. Nice. I think if I ever actually settled long term in Thailand it would be in Chiang Mai.

And, hey, lets not start a range war with other boards. Live and let live.
Peace! :color:

August 24th, 2009, 21:11
live and let live is good advice. thanks mr. spike. too bad posters like smiles can't seem to get the concept. :pale:

Smiles
August 25th, 2009, 04:48
live and let live is good advice. thanks mr. spike. too bad posters like smiles can't seem to get the concept. :pale:
LOL Alfie ... On the contrary, I do get the concept, i.e. a private, inbred club.

August 25th, 2009, 22:06
<<yawn>> :shaking: