View Full Version : The Fall of 2009 - Lavender Sky Hotel Nightclubs

aussie_
August 15th, 2009, 13:11
"In the Fall of 2009, the Lavender Lanna Hotel will open two of Chiang MaiтАЩs premiere nightclubs.

Lavender Sky will be one of ThailandтАЩs most upscale and beautiful rooftop lounge and restaurants serving up incredible views of the entire city of Chiang Mai, the Mae Rim valley, and the mountains of Northern Thailand. Guests can enjoy scrumptious food and beverages inside, on the patio, seated in the extensive rooftop gardens, or at the Balcony Bar.

Power Boys Chiang Mai will be located at the bottom level of the Lavender Lanna Hotel and will be one of ThailandтАЩs most upscale bars offering up three incredible sexy Cabaret shows each night featuring the Men Of Lanna Male Revue and the Lanna Cabaret Troupe. Our high-energy and always-changing shows will occur every night at 9:30, 10:30, and 11:30. From 8:00 to 9:30 each night the Men of Lanna Male Revue will offer an exciting Coyote show and a special all-male revue, and they will also be on stage between and after our nightly shows. Guests at Power Boys Chiang Mai can enjoy a full range of specialty cocktails, spirits, beer, wine, champagne and sake. We will offer more intimate and quiet spaces in our stylish VIP room and on the beautiful outdoor patio next to our large waterfall fountain."

Which months are "the Fall of 2009"?

August 15th, 2009, 14:12
They are saying October here - but "fall" gives them the option of opening in December when everything runs late ;)

Marketing bullshit is very easy to write. Delivering the reality they promise will be much, much harder. Anyone remember what happened to Simon Cabaret? And that place had an enormous parking lot for the tour busses - this place is right next to Chiang Mai Ram 1 Hospital on a busy intersection. It's also on the wrong side of the road for them to get away with anything risque in the shows, etc.

Whilst it's excellent to see new venues in Chinag Mai, the guy running this place seems to be spending his investor's money like the proverbial blind man. In the process he's making many enemies by trying to steal staff from other venues. TIT, I predict a very unhappy ending........

Oh yes..
Soon the lesson Chiang Mai is teaching will le learned. Running a business in CM isnтАЩt that easy. One needs a pretty good standing along with row of various very powerful friends, wearing the right colour of shirts тАУ and twice a much if you going into the pink Baht businesses.

Knowing the conservative local clientele a bit, I cannot see where the ROI shall come from.

And there are not so many gay travellers who are interested in staying in venues like the Lavender all around the year.

But letтАЩs see and wait. If the project is successful, it would be a nice adding to the otherwise rather uninspiring local gay scene.

Khor tose
August 17th, 2009, 02:15
They are saying October here - but "fall" gives them the option of opening in December when everything runs late ;)
Marketing bullshit is very easy to write. Delivering the reality they promise will be much, much harder. Anyone remember what happened to Simon Cabaret? And that place had an enormous parking lot for the tour busses - this place is right next to Chiang Mai Ram 1 Hospital on a busy intersection. It's also on the wrong side of the road for them to get away with anything risque in the shows, etc.
Whilst it's excellent to see new venues in Chinag Mai, the guy running this place seems to be spending his investor's money like the proverbial blind man. In the process he's making many enemies by trying to steal staff from other venues. TIT, I predict a very unhappy ending........

I hope you are wrong, but I believe you to be "right-on". Maybe, just maybe it may be one of these "if they build it, they will come things", but that really would be a miracle.

August 17th, 2009, 08:55
Sorry for the later reply. I will try to monitor the many forums for questions but have a big job. I am Thai so have to get one of the English staff to help me on the English forums.

Most of our outlets including Power Boys are scheduled to open Oct 1. Lavender Sky is scheduled by Nov 1. Our contractors have been on schedule so far. By high season all of our outlets and renovations will be complete.The best time to book is after Nov 1.

Our overflow contract parking is at the Central shopping mall and the parking there ends at our back gate and our own parking lot. We can handle all parking including tour buses.

We have a strict policy on taking staff from other bars without the owner's consent, and we have no desire to recycle the bar staff in CM anyway. We've made only one job offer to someone currently working in a CM bar. We want new faces and offer the best job package for gay bars/massage in CM including salary, tips, bonus, commissions, anf free housing and food. We know many staff in CM are talking about this.

Our hotel manager, Khun Pop, has lived in CM all of his life, worked at a number of the the five star hotels, and knows everyone in the gay scene and hotel scene. Our owners, Khun Jay and Khun Daenthai operate other businesses in N. Thailand and have connections all over the North. Also, this multi-million baht project is currently under budget.

Our owners and staff greatly believe in CM and the potential there. The gay market is underserved, and CM is a wonderful vacation destination and also has a very large gay Thai population and a decent-sized expat community. Travel and Leisure readers once again named CM as one of the top five vacation destinations in the world. Our owners are pouring a lot of resources into marketing not just our hotel and our our outlets but all of CM to the International gay community. I've met many local owners and all are excited about our efforts and what the opening of venues like ours and an upscale Adam's Apple will mean for gay tourism to CM.

We hope everyone wishes our ventures the best as we spend our time and resources to create a more vibrant gay community in CM and to bring more gay visitors there. BKK and Pattaya also once had smaller gay scenes and market position as gay destinations. The work and resources of smart gay businessmen helped change that. We think the same can be true here in CM.

Thank you for your questions and comments. We hope to see all of you this high season is CM, the Rose of the North.

Bird
Marketing
Lavender Lanna Hotel

cdnmatt
August 17th, 2009, 09:06
Sounds like you guys have good heads on your shoulders, and I hope you all the best!

August 17th, 2009, 11:51
I'm already booked in at the end of September while I go apartment hunting in CM. I'll report back once they are up and running. The hotel looks quite nice, hopefully the rest matches what they are advertising.

elephantspike
August 17th, 2009, 13:49
Wow! That's awesome that you are already booked there, Liam! I can't wait to hear back from you on your stay!

springco
August 17th, 2009, 15:48
My partner and I would like to bring our unique show to the fabulous all new Lavender Lanna Hotel. We have a demonstrable track record of tripling revenues at every establishment where we have played. We are exactly the kind of thing that the demanding and sophisticated gay client├иle in Chiang Mai want. We are also suitable for those of various political orientations, from the extreme right to extreme left, not to mention the extreme up and down and diagonal as well as those of all colours and hues. We look forward to meeting the Director of Entertainment at the fabulous new Lavender Lanna Hotel! Be prepared to be bowled over!