PDA

View Full Version : mikes 500,000

August 12th, 2009, 01:39
I gather over 500k was collected for mike of cafe royale to cover non insurance needs, Will there be a reckconing to show people where it has been spent. I do not mean to accuse anyone of wrong doing, but it would nice to know how it has been used.

August 12th, 2009, 01:41
I gather over 500k was collected for mike of cafe royale to cover non insurance needs, Will there be a reckconing to show people where it has been spent.

I know just the guy for the job...

August 12th, 2009, 01:51
I gather over 500k was collected for mike of cafe royale to cover non insurance needs, Will there be a reckconing to show people where it has been spent.
Did you make a contribution then? Or just chased the balloons.

dab69
August 12th, 2009, 03:47
mick?

maybe you should ask him?

Wesley
August 12th, 2009, 05:14
Advise, Any non-profit fundraiser should post or make available a full accounting of monies received and how it was spent to avoid this kind of accusation in a post. None of my business, just a note from experience.

Wes

August 12th, 2009, 06:08
Advise, Any non-profit fundraiser should post or make available a full accounting of monies received and how it was spent to avoid this kind of accusation in a post. None of my business, just a note from experience.

Wes

What kind of accusation?

I do not mean to accuse anyone of wrong doing,

Wesley
August 12th, 2009, 06:45

Wes

What kind of accusation?

I do not mean to accuse anyone of wrong doing,

Maybe a better way to put it is any kind of accusation, I have been on this board ling enough to know that people that raise money in any way usually get accused of all kinds of stuff. Some of it true and some not. however my wording was not nearly as perfect as you are andynoise, :queen:

Wes

August 12th, 2009, 07:05
You mean like the time at the boyztown pgf do when the motorbikle was won by the boyfriend of the person conducting the raffle ( hush my blistered lips)

luvthai-2
August 12th, 2009, 08:25
There is always someone that stirs up trouble after a fundraiser. Most often someone that didn't contribute in any way. Before anyone makes a contribution they should satisfy themselves with all the paticulars and not stir up trouble afterwards. I don't think anyone needs to account for anything.

August 12th, 2009, 08:43
There is always someone that stirs up trouble after a fundraiser. Most often someone that didn't contribute in any way. Before anyone makes a contribution they should satisfy themselves with all the paticulars and not stir up trouble afterwards. I don't think anyone needs to account for anything.

Why is asking where the money raised was spent stirring up trouble. In any civilised society laws are in place to protect the public from charity fraudsters who abuse raffles and such likes.

Wesley
August 12th, 2009, 10:28
No one "HAS" to account for anything, it just heads off the assholes that like to complain. Better to be ahead of the game than behind the eight ball.

Wes

August 14th, 2009, 00:57
Still all quite, does no one know how the money is being spent?

cdnmatt
August 14th, 2009, 01:10
Still all quite, does no one know how the money is being spent?

Now that had to be the most amazing, and extravagant week long trip out to Koh Phangan with three dozen gorgeous boys. Thanks again Mike!

Bob
August 14th, 2009, 07:16
I gather over 500k was collected for mike of cafe royale to cover non insurance needs, Will there be a reckconing to show people where it has been spent. I do not mean to accuse anyone of wrong doing, but it would nice to know how it has been used.

Probably a fair question if you actually donated. And, if that was the case, then probably the courteous/intelligent way to solve your inquiry is to ask the people that ran the event.

Patexpat
August 14th, 2009, 11:42
Let me preface this by saying that this is not an official response in any way shape or form.

I do happen to know one of the people responsible for the disbursement of the funds raised, and as far as I am aware this is the story so far.

Lufthansa (I think it was) agreed to repatriate Mick on a flight last week, then pulled out with some pathetic excuse such as 'we are not allowed to carry oxygen bottles onboard an aircraft". nonsense of course as they are carried on every aircraft as standard. Obviously they didn't want the hassle. Another airline offered but involved a 7 hour layover somewhere which isn't ideal. The last I heard is that talks were being held with Thai International to repatriate Mick as soon as this week. Arrangements have been made to have him accepted in to a hospital in the UK.

People are very busy making things happen right now, and I am sure a full report will be given in due course.

latintopxxx
August 14th, 2009, 14:18
Why is asking where the money raised was spent stirring up trouble. In any civilised society laws are in place to protect the public from charity fraudsters...LIKE ANDYINOZ........ who abuse raffles and such likes.

Get over it looser....its only 12k euro....can't exactly retire to Rio on that......pathetic ......

August 14th, 2009, 17:21
Why is asking where the money raised was spent stirring up trouble. In any civilised society laws are in place to protect the public from charity fraudsters...LIKE ANDYINOZ........ who abuse raffles and such likes.

Get over it looser....its only 12k euro....can't exactly retire to Rio on that......pathetic ......

Your so sweet and naive for a big butch top LOL :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

latintopxxx
August 15th, 2009, 01:26
Re: mikes 500,000
Author: andyinoz ┬╗ Fri 14 Aug, 2009 5:21 am

latintopxxx wrote:

Your so sweet and naive for a big butch top LOL
There are 3 kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.

OH DEAR...is that the best retort you can manage.....some days I wonder why I even get out of bed and log on.....so dreary....take a pill my dear...or better in your case run a hot bath and take the whole bottle....