PDA

View Full Version : Google Opt Out Village

elephantspike
August 11th, 2009, 23:23
Google respects your right to privacy:

[youtube:5nqmqx6m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMChO0qNbkY[/youtube:5nqmqx6m]

August 12th, 2009, 22:54
The Thai version has a high-rise by the sea with flying practice balconies, I'm told.

August 15th, 2009, 17:21
Spike, the best way to never have to opt out is not to ever opt in.

Be careful with FireFox!

While we're on to trying to get Google to do things I would weant a cookie to XCLUDE chosen news services in news (CSM, Motley Fool IMMEDIATELY come to mind).

August 23rd, 2009, 16:26
American satire never works for me, it looks too much like the real thing which ever way you swing it, you have to go the extra mile and that's when it becomes silly quite honestly. I think French and Saunders should've tried though.

The OIL DISCOVERED - under a Fiat Uno (or equivalent ) thing made me laugh all day.

quiet1
August 23rd, 2009, 16:57
American satire never works for me...
What satire? :angel12:

August 23rd, 2009, 17:07
The Thai version has a high-rise by the sea with flying practice balconies, I'm told.

:rabbit:

By the way I love the dainty red squirrel. I never saw one in the UK in five years only the common grey north American beastie, they used to amuse me with their antics.

It took four years until I did see one eventually and that was in Austria when I stayed with my sister who is married to an Austrian.

The squirrels were in her large rambling garden lined with avenues of ancient copper beech, coppiced hazelnut and Spanish plain. They where gathering the nuts and playing in the thinnest of branches. Charming things they seem to almost float on a breeze, so light and delicate, exquisitely beautiful. I felt privileged to have seen them, so much like what little girls would call fairies that Im sure they must have been the inspiration for such at some point. Often they do seem to just take off appearing somewhere completely different.

I wonder if they would like Hyde park for example even without the grey its so busy and noisy. The ones I saw had acres to play and no one to disturb them as my family are only there for a few weeks each summer and they leave the dogs in Germany. Rest of the time the shutters are up and its only the old caretaker and his wife living there who have been ordered never to keep a cat.

The Villa has had red squirrels there for centuries apparently according to my brother in law. I wonder if these are the same species as the ones left in the UK? Here in the garden we get the odd palm civet but no squirrels that I've ever seen though there are some I believe.

August 23rd, 2009, 17:08
American satire never works for me...
What satire? :angel12:

Yes xactly.

elephantspike
August 25th, 2009, 15:00
American satire never works for me, it looks too much like the real thing which ever way you swing it, you have to go the extra mile and that's when it becomes silly quite honestly. I think French and Saunders should've tried though.

I think that is what is considered "dry wit". I have always considered the Brits to be the best at it. I do love The Onion, though, but to each his own.