PDA

View Full Version : Allen Briggs Celebration of life Saturday Aug 15

August 11th, 2009, 18:20
Many many many people have been asking when Allen's service will be held. Here is the information.

Thursday August 13
1pm Transport Allen from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital to Wat Chai
3pm Bathig Rites
7pm Chanting and viewing sponsored by Asian University

Friday August 14
7pm Chanting and viewing sponsored by Friends of Allen Briggs

Saturday August 15
10am Feeding of the Monks
2pm Celebration begins with speakers, prayers, and music
3pm Monks arrive for cremation ceremony
4pm Celebration of Allen's life at Panorama

Tom from Cafe Royale will be handling the catering for the Celebration. He has promised us a fabulous buffet appropriate for this occasion. Tim of Panorama will make sure all runs smoothly. Hopefully all those who knew Allen, knew of Allen, or new friends who never knew of Allen will come to celebrate. Allen always was very welcoming to everyone and when he had his message board promoted Pattaya heavily.

Allen was a great planner. He was thoughtful and far sighted enough to actually have provided the funds through an insurance policy to Wayne Beard to pay the expenses of this final "Meet and Greet". Ken, Allen's boyfriend will be there to help you enjoy yourself and has invited many of his Thai friends. Allen choose this time so all of us could get a good start on a happy Thai weekend.

Please PM me if you have any comments or suggestions.

jinks
August 11th, 2009, 21:04
Allen, a helpful man, I called friend.
He was camera shy while doing the GayPattaya board.
In later years allowed the occasional picture.
This is from the PG Report March 2008.

R.I.P.
http://www.jinks.clara.net/forum/allen.jpg

martin911
August 12th, 2009, 03:29
May he rest in peace,i never met the man but i enjoyed his forum (which he worked hard at over many years),i hope all his friends enjoy the celebration of his life this weekend.

August 16th, 2009, 13:05
There will shortly be posted a report and pictures. I think Allen would have been overwhelmed by the fabulous support.

August 16th, 2009, 13:33
I received the sad news about Allen this afternoon.

Many years ago, I met him (in Los Angeles) before he moved to Pattaya--and after he finally settled down, he thought a simple website could be created. I thought--why not-this would be fun.

He provided the contents, all done via e-mail, and I cut and pasted the text he sent, to the "news" section. Later on, with the help of Adobe Acrobat, I was able to create printable newsletters, that included photos, as well.

A few years went by and another friend stepped and took over my function (as I became too busy to be working on it regularly by then), but I have kept in touch with Allen all these years.

I knew he was extremely happy in Thailand and he loved Pattaya. As sad as I am to hear about his death--am relieved that he was among his friends at the end. Rest in peace!

Perhaps in the future when I visit Pattaya, I could meet his beloved friends.

November 14th, 2009, 05:19
hi to all
i'm ken from little mango restuarant. today i feel missing allen much more then i can give up
i feel he still a life all the time but i have to accept the truth that he is gone in peace forever
but for me he will still be my pumpui lovely man forever. i'm really lucky to have a chance to
be his beloved friend he is the big man with good heart he really is. i'm so glad that he select me.
i dont know how is my feeling now sad or missing or hugry for allen but i knew this feeling take
me to see this page by google search. but i never upset about life since i live with allen i like
him to get the best thing that i can finde for him. allen is very easy man he happy with the small
thing some time he like the home made mango toffy that my grandmother made he eat it quickly
after i give him try can you imagine how nice the pumpui man busy with the testy mango toffy?
and i bring him alot of mango toffy after i back from my hometown.
i love to see allen eating i love him because he pumpui
and i never shy to have pumpui boyfriend

ken

catawampuscat
November 14th, 2009, 08:13
:love4:
R.I.P.

Beachlover
November 14th, 2009, 09:45
That's really sweet, Ken. I'm sure he was lucky to have a great friend like you too.