PDA

View Full Version : Meeting places for young gay travellers?

pong
August 11th, 2009, 17:28
Every now and then I get asked about this-where young gays out for holiday (vacation to some of you) in this LOS can meet one another, mostly for places like Bangkok and Phuket/Koh Samui. Even they understand that smaller islands wont offer much for that. If there is time I usually start explaining you come to LOS to meet those wonderful Thai and this often named ''gay paradise'' is not near the fame of Mykonos or Ibiza in Europe (or that island near MASS in the USA). For the rest its pure chance-like anywhere in this world.
I am aware that most of you are not that much into that scene-nor am I mostly, but if there is some hint/tip or other useful place to look at-please post!

thrillbill
August 11th, 2009, 19:05
... you can go to any of the "gay" areas at Phuket or Jomtien beach and meet "young Thai gays" BUT 99% of them will be into the commercial scene. The Thai gays I know (that hold jobs ) don't want to been seen in the "gay areas" of Bangkok or Pattaya because they do not want to be thought of as "money boys" or insulted by some old, white whale. Thai gays that are not into the "commercial scene" will meet other gays at fitness centers or at gay bars in the Ramkamheang soi area.

August 11th, 2009, 19:55
In Bangkok they should try Silom Soi 4. There are a lot of younger farang groups on the terraces of Telephone and Balcony these days, attracted by the cheap beer offers. These young farangs are able to pick up Thai guys to show them around. Maybe these same Thais would be moneyboys for older farang but will go for free if some young, firm meat from farangland comes round. After Soi 4 they can try GOD where there are lots of Thais looking to meet someone and not just for money.

Elsewhere they could try the full moon parties on Koh Phangan or maybe a Gay Scuba Tour (http://www.rainbow-scuba.com/)

What these young farangs have to understand is that even though they might be low paid, on benefits or on a grant in Europe,USA or Australia their spending power is still greater in Thailand than a well paid, employed young Thai guy. Young farangs buying the food & drinks may often be enough to get a free tour or two and a lot of free sex.

Sen Yai
August 11th, 2009, 20:08
Every now and then I get asked about this-where young gays out for holiday (vacation to some of you) in this LOS can meet one another, mostly for places like Bangkok and Phuket/Koh Samui

... you can go to any of the "gay" areas at Phuket or Jomtien beach and meet "young Thai gays" BUT 99% of them will be into the commercial scene.

I think thrilbill has missed the point of this question by talking about young Thais and the commercial scene. As I read it, the question was 'where do young gay travllers go to meet each other?'

Anyway, the the answer to the question of where to meet both younger farangs and (non-commercial) Thais is generaly the discos and probably the beach and gyms too. In Bangkok, of course the place to be is Silom Soi 2 (not many visitors make it out to Ratchada), but there are a number of travlers that get together in Phuket and Samui too.

In Phuket, the 'gay beach' near the watch tower is an easy place to chat with visitors and the bars like Boat Bar and Kiss also provide a good meeting place for non-commercial Thais who may also be on a holiday away from home or college and keen to try a farang.

Samui has a reputation for being a str8 destination, but not every happy homo needs to camp it up in gay ghettos all the time. Even Green Mango can get very 'mixed'.

pong
August 16th, 2009, 17:16
thanks anyway for the replies-yes, I had intended to ask about ''farang rak farang'' meets-so I should have frased this even more clearly. And just as surprise some Australian posetd a similar question about Pattaya the other day. (compare to young str8-why dont young gays come to PTY?). But it seems I have to stick to my original advice-there sipy are not any really of those spots.