PDA

View Full Version : Image Limousine has moved

August 9th, 2009, 13:10
This is to advise all our customers and board members that Image Limousine, after more than 10 years of serving the gay community has moved offices as of 8th Aug from Jomtien Plaza Condotel, Jomtien to:

337/2 Thapprayah Road Soi 12 (Soi Pattaya Park)
Jomtien
Tel nos. remain 038 756658 and 081 402 0607
Webistes remain the same: http://www.imagelimo.com & http://www.imagegolf.net

August 10th, 2009, 05:23
Thanks for the heads up but I see you are still charging a minimum of 2800 Baht for a one way trip from Bangkok to Pattaya (or vice verca) so I will continue to use my regular driver who charges 1400 for the same service.

jinks
August 10th, 2009, 07:01
In this world, you get what you pay for.

1400 means the driver will be underpaid and maybe the car just might be serviced properly.

I shall continue to ride with Image.

August 10th, 2009, 08:12

1400 means the driver will be underpaid and maybe the car just might be serviced properly.

Well said from someone who needs airmiles to take a shower

puckered_penguin
August 10th, 2009, 09:27

What an absurd thing to say. CNG or NGV costs about 85 Baht for a one way trip to Bangkok and if the driver gets 250 Baht plus any tip then there is more than enough to service the car, pay the overheads and make a tidy profit.
It is your choice to pay a ''premium price'' for a ''premium service'' but please don't do it by disparaging the ''economy value'' services.

nanette
August 10th, 2009, 09:55
It costs 106B by bus from the airport to Pattaya. Bell Service bus ticket from Pattaya to airport costs 200B and they come to the hotel to pick you up. Last month I used their service & travel time from Pattaya bus station to Suvernambhum was exactly 75 minutes.

August 10th, 2009, 11:08
A BUS is not the same as a LIMO.
Get with the program guys.

I suppose you could take a donkey cart for 40 Baht and some would be happy with the bargain.

I do have to say though Mr Dream looks to be a bit cheaper for the BKK to PTTY trip.

Beachlover
August 10th, 2009, 11:44
Yeah, Mr Dream does look like good value.

Anyone tried him?

August 10th, 2009, 13:51

Average calculation:

Taxi from Airport to Pattaya:

Common flat charge = 1200 TBT
Against:
Taxi rental daily = 650 TBT
Airport charge = 50 TBT
Fuel (gas) = 50 TBT
Motorway charges = 100 TBT
Daily minimum wage BKK = 203 TBT

Results in net profit = 143 TBT for 2 hrs)

additionally (most likely)
Tipp = 100 TBT
return passenger = 400 TBT

Results in about 643 TBT net profit in about 6 hours time of easy work.

One day minimum wage is already includet.

The costs of vehicle are includet for 24 hours with 20 hrs of usage (usually 2 drivers sharing a taxi daily): therefore the car will generate a lot more money.

During my past 16 years in Thailand I never ever came across an underpaid taxi driver.

TaxiтАЩs are usually not that old anymore and require routine checks too. I never ever had any problems, even traveling with a petty aged banger.

I do have my doubst that Image Limousine service is paying staff that well either ...

August 10th, 2009, 15:29
A BUS is not the same as a LIMO.

Very true, kenc, but neither is a taxi or any of the cars used by Image.

August 10th, 2009, 19:40

Just to satisfy my curiosity, how much would a one way journey of about 120km cost in UK, riding in your cab?

giggsy
August 10th, 2009, 20:25
Just to satisfy my curiosity, how much would a one way journey of about 120km cost in UK, riding in your cab?

this is the UK .We invented the mile,we don't deal in kilometers.It will all depend on if you where buying your petrol in gallons or litres.if you divide the chains by 4 furlongs and add the percentage of 3 quarts times by the miles in pounds,shillings and pence it would be about 30 guineas.

giggsy
August 10th, 2009, 20:30
thats an interesting one for white desire..I see it is almost 60 baht to the guinea now.Things are slowly improving.

August 11th, 2009, 14:27
thats an interesting one for white desire..I see it is almost 60 baht to the guinea now.Things are slowly improving.Yes where is the old currency speculator? Perhaps it's taking up all his time washing that rather dirty pair of shorts he's wearing in his avatar.