PDA

View Full Version : detox and wieghtloss in thailand

orson
August 9th, 2009, 12:04
hi,

has anyone tried the detox and weightloss programs in thailand? which one do you recommend? i did a google and there seems to be plenty in the resort places. the prices are on the high side though. i would not mind paying as long as it works. so anyone has any stories about these places? is it safe?

August 9th, 2009, 12:24
"Detox". Biggest scam of the last twenty years. It's an ENEMA, dear...no more, no less. Why people pay for it (and endure it) boggles the mind. I guess suckers are born every minute.

August 9th, 2009, 12:28
I find that a really spicy somtum does the job fine.

allieb
August 9th, 2009, 17:37
Given that Thailand or Pattaya in particular has more that it's share of elderly and often ill people, not forgetting all the nasty things one could catch there inc HIV. I would say "A fat queen's a healthy queen" Why get detoxed or thin? Chances are it will happen without trying sooner rather than later

August 10th, 2009, 00:34
NO such thing among farangs fatties only.

catawampuscat
August 10th, 2009, 02:01
Enemas are not a bad thing, especially when one is full of shit.. Some of the
detox places are spa like and offer physical activities like hiking, and aerobics..
They also offer low calorie/low fat food and try to teach portion control.
The theory is that the enemas detoxify the body and one feels revitalized after
a week or two of it..
Of course, it is only a temporary patch and if one returns to their gluttonous ways, any
weight loss returns rapidly and then some.. :cat:

zinzone
August 10th, 2009, 02:05
"Detox". Biggest scam of the last twenty years. It's an ENEMA, dear...no more, no less. Why people pay for it (and endure it) boggles the mind. I guess suckers are born every minute.

Agree, a lot of nonsence detox, see for example:

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRel ... detox.html (http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/detox.html)

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRel ... astro.html (http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/gastro.html)

As to weight less: eat less, avoid bad foods, and get a proper exercise programme.

Smiles
August 10th, 2009, 02:13
" ... As to weight less: eat less, avoid bad foods, and get a proper exercise programme ... "
Best advice on this Board lately. Simple, concise, proven.
As the scientist(s) on the 'Quack' website says: " ... The whole concept (of detox) is irrational and unscientific ... "

elephantspike
August 10th, 2009, 02:37
I use a revolutionary personal transportation device that burns body fat instead of fossil fuel. It's called a bicycle (not recommended for use in large urban areas in Thailand).

[attachment=0:3it2ip7g]033 Bicycle.jpg[/attachment:3it2ip7g]

August 10th, 2009, 08:18
I'm a bit on the heavier side myself. But I guess you could say I'm well filled out moreso. I am not going to head to the gym, not going to stop eating the foods I like. I'm more than happy with who I am, and if people can't accept that and like me the way I do, thats just plain too bad.

BTW, my missus still thinks I'm sexy, even if she didn't, I looked the same when we met, so why would I change now?

More power to the guys that want to get fit, everyone is entitled to feel and look the way they want. I used to be into the fitness kick, even was a pretty big athlete in school, but am totally content with myself now. Sometimes you just get to the point where you want to enjoy things a bit more. As long as my health isn't getting effected by my weight, no reason to do anything about it.

cdnmatt
August 10th, 2009, 16:02
Yeah, I need to start losing some weight myself. I've gained probably 15lbs since getting here!

I wear 32" jeans, so I'm no fat pig, but definitely not slim & trim like I usually am. I blame Johnnie Walker and Sangsum!

August 11th, 2009, 03:11
I still don't understand that, as in your case Matt. When I first moved over here, the first 6 months in living here I had lost 23kilos. I am not a drinker at all mind you, only a social every so often.

Many people that make the move say they actually gain weight. Is it just due to the drinking thats the difference between the people losing and gaining weight here?

September 20th, 2009, 04:26
To answer your question, yes. I have tried a weightloss/detox program in Thailand. Contrary to what the other members have been saying, it's a wonderful experience.

Two years ago I went to SpaSamui http://www.thesparesorts.net/ . I did the 7 day fast and cleanse. I went alone because I thought I would be a complete wreck not eating or having my daily coffees. However, I managed quite well. The program involves drinking lots of high fiber liquids to clean you out. It also keeps your stomache full. You also take various nutrient supplements to keep you body chemistry working without food. Finally, you do two self-administered colomas a day. This completely cleans out your large intestine. The facility also offers yoga, meditation, various massages, herbal steam, beauty salon, and more.

The results after seven days was a loss of 12 pounds, complete relaxation, and a tuned up bowel. I really didn't experience any side affects during the fast except some loss of energy. The only time I felt hungry was when I would go into town and I could smell the food on the various street grills. The staff was wonderful and full of information. The facility was clean and comfortable and located right on the beach. Best of all, it only cost about $700US for my entire experience. That includes accommodations. It was such a wonderful experience that I just booked another week for Feb2010.

If this is something you want to do, I highly reccommend doing it. Likewise, if you think it is just a bunch of sh*t(pun intended), this probably isn't for you.

Impulse
September 20th, 2009, 08:08
The results after seven days was a loss of 12 pounds, complete relaxation, and a tuned up bowel Wow! Sounds like my corvette,had the fuel injecters cleaned,new air filter and plugs and shes running like a top!

Diec
September 20th, 2009, 08:19
My future husband gives me enemas on a regular basis. Sometimes, when we go out I make an accident in my pants and my future husband says, " Papa, you make the pooh pooh to soon!! It's ok, me clean. Enemas are a great way to lose weight.

September 20th, 2009, 08:45
Coffee enemas, the only way to go.

September 20th, 2009, 08:55
Coffee enemas, the only way to go.Do you suck a long black up your arse through a straw, or do you advise a cappucino instead?

September 20th, 2009, 09:00
[quote="soi_toi":1ei8dpeb]Coffee enemas, the only way to go.Do you suck a long black up your arse through a straw, or do you advise a cappucino instead?[/quote:1ei8dpeb]

I take my coffee black.

Even Janet Jackson is doing it. :nike:

September 20th, 2009, 09:03
I take my coffee black.I prefer my blacks cappucino coloured.

TrongpaiExpat
September 20th, 2009, 13:03
[quote="Copper Pheel":vrsz7bic][quote="soi_toi":vrsz7bic]Coffee enemas, the only way to go.Do you suck a long black up your arse through a straw, or do you advise a cappucino instead?[/quote:vrsz7bic]

I take my coffee black.

Even Janet Jackson is doing it. :nike:[/quote:vrsz7bic]

I read this 19th century medical book once and big back then was the administration of hot black coffee for all sorts of disorders. Some of the more serious disorders required the coffee to be boiling hot and used in huge quantities. Care must be used that the patent does not thrash about and it was recommended that at least 4 strong men hold the patent down. The lubricant used for the hose was the every trusty chicken fat.

September 20th, 2009, 14:37
The lubricant used for the hose was the every trusty chicken fat.It sounds exactly the sort of thing a dedicated bottom like Beach Bunny would enjoy. I wonder if it's a holistic treatment offered by our newest member global-forum/where-get-better-thing-t18404.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/global-forum/where-get-better-thing-t18404.html)? I must start saving up for the Bunny's birthday present. Mind you, with the huge profits he'll be raking in after his recent successful takeover bid for @Richards (gay-thailand/grand-opening-t18312-15.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand/grand-opening-t18312-15.html)), he can probably afford a weekly treatment all by himself.

September 20th, 2009, 16:11
The results after seven days was a loss of 12 pounds

Yes, starvation will do that.

And how long to put it all back on again, in the classic yo-yo effect?