PDA

View Full Version : Most horrendous Mamasan

gerefan2
August 9th, 2009, 04:43
Who is the worst, awful, pushiest, disgusting, off putting Mamasan that you have come across?
Is it the pushy Ladyboy in Villa Rouge? :pukeleft: Does the one in Wild West make you cower? :angryfire:
Why the fuck dont the owners see the light of day and employ some sexy guy to do the (un)necessary work?
G2

Dodger
August 9th, 2009, 06:14
Why the tradition of using Mamasans has continued this far into history is beyond me as well.

That male mamasan who now works the door at Tom Yon in Sunee Plaza gets my vote for being the # 1 Bozo. You know, that puffy faced guy who wears sparkly clothes with the mannerisms of a circus ring leader. If he's not trying to strong-arm someone into the place, he's practicing his skills at being the most tenacious person on the planet when it comes to begging for a free drink. Just an all around pain in the ass.

There'are a few good ladyboy mamasans who actually provide some level of service, but they're few and far between these days IMO).

Wesley
August 9th, 2009, 06:50
God only knows why we put up with them, I think its part of the game they play, There are several in Bangkok that get my vote. I don't remember anyone in Pattaya that really pushes my buttons

Wes

thrillbill
August 9th, 2009, 09:37
A couple times a year when I go to A-Bomb in Pattaya, I always see the same "mamasan" (last 4 years). This fellow is always friendly and not pushy. I go there just for a drink a leave, he doesn't get upset, but justs wishes me a good night.

I never understand why "mamasans" have to be flaming queens, but these gay venues do give them employment. I agree with the previous post, why not have some sexy guy be the GREETER.

August 9th, 2009, 09:41
Madam Jim of Boys Boys Boys

krobbie
August 9th, 2009, 11:08
Madam Jim of Boys Boys Boys

Ah, no thanks ... and we were talking boys weren't we?

August 9th, 2009, 12:44
The one in Villa rouge. We hadnt even got our drinks and she was in our face and screeched the whole time we were there..

3 farang customers who spent 30 minutes there and never went back.

Dani69
August 9th, 2009, 16:41
:argue:

cdnmatt
August 9th, 2009, 17:07
That male mamasan who now works the door at Tom Yon in Sunee Plaza gets my vote for being the # 1 Bozo. You know, that puffy faced guy who wears sparkly clothes with the mannerisms of a circus ring leader. If he's not trying to strong-arm someone into the place, he's practicing his skills at being the most tenacious person on the planet when it comes to begging for a free drink. Just an all around pain in the ass.

lol, I actually get a kick out of that guy. It's kinda like free entertainment, everytime you go to Sunnee!

francois
August 9th, 2009, 18:52
Dani69, Perhaps you may wish to post your own photo so we can make some comparisons?
Not nice to post photos without permission.

August 9th, 2009, 20:36
Not nice to post photos without permission.

Don't be silly, francois. Certainly you know that rule applies only to farangs.

Dodger
August 9th, 2009, 23:20
LOL...yeh, that's him alright. I hardly recogize him without the Liberace costume.

He's equally as popular with the boys, as he has a well-earned reputation for ripping off their tip money and then holding their jobs over their heads to keep them quite. He deserves the acknowledgements he's receiving here, and his picture should remain on this thread for all to see. What goes around - comes around as they say.

colmx
August 9th, 2009, 23:23
Funnilly Enough I find "M" pictured above to be the only useful manage/mamasan that i have ever come across in any of the bars!

From Nok Nok,to Sawatdee, to Jim Jimmy James, Cocktail and now Tom Yum/M Bar - i have always found him funny and entertaining... and with a keen eye for recruiting cute staff!

August 10th, 2009, 05:29
...and with a keen eye for recruiting cute staff!

They say that opposites attract

elephantspike
August 10th, 2009, 06:42
Picture deleted. As a general rule, we don't allow pictures of individuals to be posted without their permission, especially when it involves a less than flattering discussion of the individual depicted.

MARK
August 10th, 2009, 12:35
Funnilly Enough I find "M" pictured above to be the only useful manage/mamasan that i have ever come across in any of the bars!

From Nok Nok,to Sawatdee, to Jim Jimmy James, Cocktail and now Tom Yum/M Bar - i have always found him funny and entertaining... and with a keen eye for recruiting cute staff!

I like M but try to work out why he has worked at so many bars?

a447
August 10th, 2009, 15:16
and with a keen eye for recruiting cute staff!

Read: very much underage

MARK
August 10th, 2009, 16:58
To be fair I think I should answer that I was not referring to the staff that he takes in but his working style.

His work style, it is very typical of some managers, waiters and doormen they have a personality that can greatly attract certain customers well at the same time loosing you the same amount of customers and they lack that judgment to be able to read which customers to turn up the charm and which customers to leave alone as they do not wish to be man handled through the doors and pushed charmed in to buying drinks.
I have come across many staff like him over the years and if they just had that little bit more intuition on reading people they would be an asset to any bar.

catawampuscat
August 10th, 2009, 21:27
My guess is that the whole pushy mamasan thing is just a cultural thing..
The Thais expect the hyper pushy feminine behavior and accept it as part of the
way things are.. Behavorial norms are quite different in the West and tolerance
for annoying behavior is lower..
The pushy stuff actually works sometimes, especially with very shy customers,
lonely customers or those who want to be dominated and pushed around..
Once we learn the ropes, most of us want to left to our own devices and we learn how to push off the pushy ones, even if we sometimes get obnoxous ourselves,imho. :cat:

francois
August 11th, 2009, 01:27
I spoke with M yesterday and told him he was #1 Mamasan in Pattaya, which I saw on the internet. He was very pleased to hear that. (this is true).
Like many, at first he seems a pest, but later you realize he is only doing his job.

gerefan2
August 11th, 2009, 05:00
If I go into a Girly bar I dont see a Girl dressed as a guy trying to get the guys to go off with the girls...well it just wouldnt work would it...
So why, if I go into a Boy Bar, do I see a Boy dressed as a girl trying to get the guys to go off with the guys???
TIT?
G2

MARK
August 12th, 2009, 12:00
If I go into a Girly bar I dont see a Girl dressed as a guy trying to get the guys to go off with the girls...well it just wouldnt work would it...
So why, if I go into a Boy Bar, do I see a Boy dressed as a girl trying to get the guys to go off with the guys???
TIT?
G2

Yes but be fair you are met by many hansome doormen and waiters that will go off if you ask them. :cheers:

August 12th, 2009, 13:12
If it ain't broke don't fix it. There's one bar that had a low key mamasan that set the perfect tone, the boys liked him as he was not overbearing and probably did not extort money from the boys. So they bring a new mamasan to get the tough with the boys and as a result their one superstar quits.

This is a friendly, non-sleaze gogo and the superstar set the tone for the bar teaching other boys dance routines etc.

The main reason my friends at I would go to the bar would be to see the superstar and we spent a significant multiple of his salary in the bar. Even though beer prices were raised 35% we'd still go because the superstar was so much fun too watch. No reason to patronize the bar anymore unless the superstar returns. Maybe good for me since there's no alternative as this boy was unique, I'll save some money.

The get tough mamasan did a great job at ruining what was my favorite bar. :angryfire:

August 12th, 2009, 13:49
Step Four: [b]Post Game Strategy
After the farang leaves town send him an e:mail message right away. This is where the third key phrase comes into play: "Miss You Too Much." Tell the farang anything you can to get him to send you money. Some tried and true phrases are; My mother needs operation, the water buffalo died, my brother had motocy accident, but the all time award winning phrase is... I have no money for loom. The reason this phrase works so well is that it gives your farang the impression that you are not going off with other farangs because of your love and devotion for him. If he refuses to send you money - just keep telling him you love him anyway. Eventually most farangs break down and send something.

Step four line three is all it would take with me. My brother had a "motorcy accident", too adorable. It obviously pays not to speak English too well either.