PDA

View Full Version : Oral sex - with or without condoms?

bao-bao
August 4th, 2009, 08:15
Inasmuch as this is a reasonably anonymous forum - and at the risk of raising the ghost of Bareback Brandon - here's one for you: there's an awful lot of talk on the forums about oral sex, but only the rare mention about the risk of venereal disease. Not only the (slim) chance of HIV, but the full spectrum of others. Perhaps people don't mind the risk of the lesser infections and don't mind the occasional trip to a doctor for a clearing up, who knows?

Between the saunas, movie houses, shopping mall restrooms and the other casual hook-up possibilities I've heard bandied about (not to mention farang flashing 20s outside Sunee bars) there's a lot of fooling around going on. Add to that the numbers of "men for hire" who, despite their protestations to the contrary, more than likely have NOT just arrived onto the club scene - and you've got a lot of risk there.

In speaking with people in the "trade" I've learned that hardly any of their customers ask them to put on a condom before going down on them, although a couple gogo guys I've interviewed have said they themselves insist on it for both partners/directions. They're the distinct minority, however.

So - cast your vote, and add a comment of explaination if you don't mind. If you're in a monogamous relationship, nevermind!

topjohn5
August 4th, 2009, 08:33
Hi Bao Bao!
If I'm going to have oral sex with someone not only do I not want them to wear a condom but I swallow......don't do it often but I will on occasion.
That being said....there are some risks to oral sex but there are also STD risks just touching someone too (many STD are transmitted on the skin alone)....
Unless the person encases themself in a body condom, LOL, I can't see how some risk is avoided with sex. At some point it just isn't really sex anymore. Even in a monogomous relationship there is risk since you don't know for sure if that person strays.....and many in manogomous relationships use NO protection at some point.

Some day I'll tell the board about my long term bf/partner who I found out after 4 fucking years together had HIV and he knew it before we met...........NO protection of course during that time.......and, no I am HIV negative....Thank God.

Impulse
August 4th, 2009, 09:18
I dont require it,but I try to be careful who I have sex with.I try to pick someone who looks new to the trade or a new host bar guy. I try not to think that I have had sex with every one my partner at the time has had sex with.That might mean Ive had sex with maybe 401,352 men,boys and women and girls. And I dont even remember most of those episodes. I did make a bad choice once when I asked a guy hanging outside of the place I was staying to have sex.He was hiv positive with a high viral load and also had tb. I became very sick shortly after and had a barage of test which all came back negative. I still dont know what I may have gotten as I had a small rash on one of my feet.This is usually the first sign of an std. My doctor told me to quit worrying,sex was made to be enjoyed. Okay.I didnt explain that I spend time in the Pompeii of Asia. So Im determined to be more cautious in the future.My last trip I mainly topped without much oral at all ,so only risk might be hpv. But Im wondering about picking up tb as 25% of asians have non active tb and its easy to become exposed to it.

topjohn5
August 4th, 2009, 10:08
...I had a small rash on one of my feet.This is usually the first sign of an std. My doctor told me to quit worrying,sex was made to be enjoyed.

Your Doctor is a very learned man.......

August 4th, 2009, 19:20
Can you amend the poll:

. Yes
. No
. Sometimes
. Mind your own F*ing business

Wesley
August 4th, 2009, 23:09
Hi Bao Bao!
If I'm going to have oral sex with someone not only do I not want them to wear a condom but I swallow......don't do it often but I will on occasion.
That being said....there are some risks to oral sex but there are also STD risks just touching someone too (many STD are transmitted on the skin alone)....
Unless the person encases themself in a body condom, LOL, I can't see how some risk is avoided with sex. At some point it just isn't really sex anymore. Even in a monogomous relationship there is risk since you don't know for sure if that person strays.....and many in manogomous relationships use NO protection at some point.

Some day I'll tell the board about my long term bf/partner who I found out after 4 fucking years together had HIV and he knew it before we met...........NO protection of course during that time.......and, no I am HIV negative....Thank God.

I was with a guy 4 years having no idea he was positive, he promised me he was not and we had sex openly without condoms after about 6 months. I only found out when he was taken very sick on a vacation in Key West in which a friend of mine who was positive told me the truth. Both are dead now and I as of 6 months ago was still negative and have not had sex since then. So, I guess I am okay for now. I did just take a std test as well and all that was negative and plan another HIV test before I leave to go back to the Philippines. I think it is important not to hurt others. I think to knowingly risk the life of another if you know you are positive is similar to murder Unless you tell them the risk.

I am nto sure you need to trust everyone, however living as HIV positive is not as deadly as it was then. I still. prefer to be cautious but not overly so. I agree sex is meant to be enjoyed and I do. But I have never bottomed with out a condom and I think that is the big mistake of many who are sick now.

Wes

bao-bao
August 5th, 2009, 00:03
Interesting results so far. I remember the carefree days when things were worry-free - other than minor STDs that could be easily treated. I went through my "slut" period over 20 years ago, and even then we were warned to use condoms because of the then-new plague: AIDS. I'm thankful I never had to deal with any of it, directly.

I guess what surprises me the most are the comments from folks who participate in unprotected sex with sex workers. It would seem that the risk would be far higher than with a person who had not had sex with so many others.

Let's face it - paying customers far too often have little feelings or concerns about the person attached to the - ahem - implement(s) of pleasure they're paying short-term rates for. We've all read a cart load of examples of that; workers exposed with no regard for their health or futures, etc.

Anyway, certainly not judging here, just mildly surprised. Thanks for the input, people. :cheers:

topjohn5
August 5th, 2009, 05:55
Interesting results so far. I remember the carefree days when things were worry-free - other than minor STDs that could be easily treated. I went through my "slut" period over 20 years ago, and even then we were warned to use condoms because of the then-new plague: AIDS. I'm thankful I never had to deal with any of it, directly.

I guess what surprises me the most are the comments from folks who participate in unprotected sex with sex workers. It would seem that the risk would be far higher than with a person who had not had sex with so many others.

Let's face it - paying customers far too often have little feelings or concerns about the person attached to the - ahem - implement(s) of pleasure they're paying short-term rates for. We've all read a cart load of examples of that; workers exposed with no regard for their health or futures, etc.

Anyway, certainly not judging here, just mildly surprised. Thanks for the input, people. :cheers:

Hi Bao Bao,
I guess that is one of the definitions of "unprotected sex" but not the most common one....the most common involves penetrative sex only.....bareback as it were. That's what I immediately think of when I hear the term "unprotected sex".
Another restrictive definition would say limiting bodily fluid transfer and yet another more restrictive definition would say limiting any possible STD transmission. To do the later, of course, would involve limiting all skin-to-skin contact since STDтАЩs most definitely can be transmitted this way including herpes, crabs, musculum, hpv, etc. I for one think at that point it isnтАЩt sex anymore although I can see how limiting all bodily fluid transfer is surely safer, LOL.
If I however choose to have unprotected oral sex I never brush my teeth for hours before doing that and use mouth wash instead. This limits opening any small oral fissures at the gum line. You know the best the CDC can muster about unprotected oral sex as it relates to HIV is this: "There have been a few cases of HIV transmission from performing oral sex on a person infected with HIV."
It all about the risk you are willing to take and what youтАЩre willing to pay for your "happies", as one of my old economics teachers use to say.

anakot
August 5th, 2009, 10:13
Hi Bao Bao!

A rational approach. If you can't smell it and taste it then life aint worth livin'.

For those less life threatening events but equally as inconvenient get a 'fasigyn bomb'... 4 tablets of 500mg each taken at once. Guaranteed to clean up any of those nasty little tummy or bum problems. Obtainable at your mostly friendly loca pharmacy for 120baht. Made by pfizer.

krobbie
August 7th, 2009, 02:38
What an interesting little group we are.

I am a follower of the Topjohn theory re: oral sex and use condoms for anal sex. It's just so simple to understand. What complicates things is over-thinking sex. It surely takes the fun out of it if you are petrified someone is going to give you an std.

I cannot tell you how many different and varied things I have picked up in my life (mostly in Australia I might add - which begs the question "don't they wash their hands? LOL). Nothing that ointments, pills or injections couldn't cure. I might add that this was all prior to 1987 when things changed dramatically. Since then ... well?

Carry on.

August 8th, 2009, 13:37
- and you've got a lot of risk there.Crossing the road in many Asian cities is more risky than unprotected sex.