PDA

View Full Version : "Top" spots?

August 3rd, 2009, 17:50
Is any one bar better for meeting tops? (I mean non-gogo, casual hang out bars)

Thanks!

Smiles
August 3rd, 2009, 21:53
" ... Is any one bar better for meeting tops? (I mean non-gogo, casual hang out bars), Thanks!... "
Non-gogo gay bars in Thailand come in a few different configurations: You have your Host Bar: basically a small bar with Thai guys 'hanging around' waiting to be picked up. Most are pretty laid back with much less pressure on the customer in the air ... i.e. no pushy mamasan or aggressive gogo boys to contend with. There is usually no specific entertainment or show, but most will have music playing in the background. Booze prices in Host Bars will be very much less than gogo bars, and off fees (I assume) will also be somewhat lower. Many guys who spend a lot of time in Thailand prefer Host Bars over GoGo Bars.

The gay Beer Bars seems to becoming a thing of the past. The number of them which are gay is tiny compared to the lady bars. Essentially they are host bars without the added intimacy of their own building . . . they exist outside in the open air with a cover against the rain. Beer Bars used to be ~ long ago ~ all there was, but that's no longer true. The dynamics of conversation, picking up/taking off are pretty well the same as in host bars. Gay beer bars can be a bit intimidating to some if the customer is uncomfortable with flounting his gayness in the open, right next to a half a dozen raucous lady bars (which is often the case). That's why one sees horrendous drunken scenes in beer bars . . . some of the more shy customers (gay or straight) need to get completely sozzled just to bring themselves to sit down in one. Everything you do in a Beer Bar is very public.

There are lots of gay Karaoke Bars all over the place. Many are not specifically gay, but just known mainly as a gay hangout. These are very popular with Thai guys after work, and fairly popular with farangs who want to take a guy to a place he thinks they might enjoy. Going alone to a Karaoke Bar could well get you a date with a very wonderful guy, especially if you can sing ... in Thai. Farangs seem to have a general visceral dislike for Karaoke Bars, but I like them and have had terrific evenings in a number ... mostly I should add, in tow with my guy, who loves to sing. Whether you want to enter one by yourself is of course another choice altogether.

The western style Gay Bar is uncommon in Thailand. For instance, Telephone Bar and Balcony in Bangkok are probably as westernized as you'll get, and that style is few and far between. There's probably an equivalent in Pattaya ... thinking of the restaurant/bars in Boyztown. You can definitely pick up guys in places like this, but they will more than likely be free lance rather than 'attached' to the bar. I'm going to assume here that the waiters in Telephone and Balcony are offable, but I could be wrong on that. Both these places, and the ones like them in Boyztown, Pattaya are more 'looking around' and conversational bars ... where one goes to pick out a good looking prospect for the evening who happens to be sashaying by, or before a GoGo bar or a disco.

You will not find GoGo Bars (for farangs) in many places in Thailand other than Bangkok, Pattaya, a few in Chiang Mai and possibly a few other large cities. In my home, Hua Hin, for instance, there are no GoGo Bars (gay or straight). All the bars there are Host Bars, and I think that is very common to all the medium sized cities in Thailand.

Massage Parlours and Saunas are of course loaded with guys who will top you at the drop of a towel. My experience with both is non-existent as they not even on my radar screen. But many guys on this Board have, and I'm sure they will chime in with some favourite names. Same same with Glory Holes at shopping centres and back rooms at Selected Cinemas in Bangkok: try the Thailand Forum on << http://www.cruisingforsex.com >> for more info on these.

After all that: the question was all about 'TOPS'. Gay places (which ever type you choose) are full of guys who will be quite happy to fuck you . . . the straight ones will probably breathe a great sigh of relief :blackeye:
As far as your needs go, the common thread between all the style of places mentioned above is that all you have to do is just ask. Thai guys 'in the business' are not generally shy about discussing (or negotiating) what they will do or not do. So just ask ... either before you go off with him (recommended), or just before you stick your ass in the air.

Happy hunting

August 3rd, 2009, 22:52
Thanks for an informative reply, Smiles. I see more clearly.

Somehow I thought host bars would be more formal, but I'll definitely read more now.

Thanks again!

quiet1
August 4th, 2009, 02:20
Yes there are many 'top only' places to find a stunner, but you wont find them on the Gay scene, the guys I know would not be seen dead in or around a gay areas. No I'm not telling, I dont want hords of Sex tourist spoliing genuine nice top guys around Thailand. that I know they mainly cater to Asians.. I have to keep something sacred for myself and my closest friends.
And, that post is useful to anyone, how, exactly?

francois
August 4th, 2009, 04:13
jaidee; since you prefer to suck guys at massage house, why not ask them to fuck you at same time and save some money?

maisoui
August 4th, 2009, 23:22
I wouldn't thank Smiles too quickly. I think some of his "information" is self confessed assumption, especially this.

I'm going to assume here that the waiters in Telephone and Balcony are offable, but I could be wrong on that.

I think that is wrong, but I've not tried since 1985.

Khor tose
August 5th, 2009, 07:46
Yes there are many 'top only' places to find a stunner, but you wont find them on the Gay scene, the guys I know would not be seen dead in or around a gay areas. No I'm not telling, I dont want hords of Sex tourist spoliing genuine nice top guys around Thailand. that I know they mainly cater to Asians.. I have to keep something sacred for myself and my closest friends.
And, that post is useful to anyone, how, exactly?

He is simply informing us that he hangs with a very special crowd, way beyond the hoi polloi like us. Of course what he does not know is that very few of us would want to be any part of a crowd that has him as part of it. He also makes one wonder what he thinks the word "sacred" means. Oh well, I guess he had to find some word to randomly put in there.

Diec
August 5th, 2009, 09:57
Now maisoui, if Smiley said he topped a few boys from Telephone and Balcony I'm sure he wouldn't lie. He does admit to cheating on the love of his life (if you saw his picture you would understand) so I'm sure what he says is true. Smiley, you care to share who is a good time? Remember when you wanted to share information about "off's" and who is best? Well...now is your time to give back!

August 5th, 2009, 10:24
Now maisoui, if Smiley said he topped a few boys from Telephone and Balcony I'm sure he wouldn't lie. He does admit to cheating on the love of his life (if you saw his picture you would understand) so I'm sure what he says is true. Smiley, you care to share who is a good time? Remember when you wanted to share information about "off's" and who is best? Well...now is your time to give back!
I wouldn't want to be topped by Smiley or his ???? nor would i wish to top either of them

maisoui
August 5th, 2009, 12:14

I've met more than a few topping chappies in Telephone. What I'm suggesting is that the staff are not offable, in the usual sense. Even a promise to wait till closing is likely to be spurned. Well I was spurned in 1985, and I was to die for* then. I've never gotten over it.

PS I have seen pictures of Mr. Smiles paramour and regard Mr. smiles as blessed in that department.

*I'm relatively unreliably informed.

August 5th, 2009, 14:07
jaidee; since you prefer to suck guys at massage house, why not ask them to fuck you at same time and save some money?

Absolutely! But variety . . . you know. I also like to be out with a guy who's clearly dominant, and have sleepy-time with Mr. Macho.

BTW - it's not necessarily that I 'prefer' massage house; I've never been to BKK, and from my reading it seemed the simplest, safest way to get daytime action.

Thanks to helpful postings, I've been reading CFS, but the AYOR aspects of some of those activities may make such pursuits a bit unwise for the novice.

I'd be happy to hear of any other ways and places I could get my suck on from noonish till nightfall.

Thanks!

krobbie
August 6th, 2009, 02:41
..... PS I have seen pictures of Mr. Smiles paramour and regard Mr. smiles as blessed in that department.

Masoui, you are quite correct on that score. Khun Smiles' lover is as devoted, loving and independent as any guy we could wish to be in a relationship with. He is a great conversationalist and has a very keen sense of humour. A perfect match.

Cheers
krobbie