PDA

View Full Version : A last performance at Copa ....

Patexpat
August 3rd, 2009, 11:32
A small event, but significant enough for it to me marked (I think) occurred this last weekend. After what we guess is around 10 years or so of entertaining the crowds at firstly Throb Splash then latterly Copa, dancer Pun retired from the stage last Friday evening. I hope I'm not gossiping too much to say he is 47 years old! I guess he thought he was old enough to be the Papa of the other dancers.

He was a dancer at Throb when I was here as a tourist, and I've lived here for 7 years so he has been a true stalwart with the Throb-Splash/Copa dance troupe. His final number was 'The Phantom Of The Opera' which he performed with his longstanding partner.

He isn't disappearing altogether though from Copa, as he is now working as a waiter which I am sure will be very strange for him at first.

I have enjoyed watching him over the years, and wish him well in his new job.

[attachment=0:3fffql6k]Pun.JPG[/attachment:3fffql6k]

thrillbill
August 3rd, 2009, 11:37
--Really? My BF and I happened to go into the Copa Friday night-11pm show...hadn't been there since the remodeling of the place.(Long time, hey?) We noticed the "older" dancer and thought he was the best of the crew. (We also decided he needed a new "look" -hair cut). Best wishes to him.

August 4th, 2009, 03:28
Informative post.

I always liked the very thin faced one with the spikey hair who left a couple of years ago. I nicknamed him "Ziggy Stardust" because he reminded me somehow of a young (Asian) David Bowie!

:cheers:

August 4th, 2009, 04:20
Good luck to Pun in his well-earned retirement!

He originally started work in Cockpit in the 1980s before moving to Topman and then on to Throb.

The "female" dancer Nai was also a Cockpit veteran and a couple of the other Copa boys were Topman
performers before moving to Throb and then Copa.

August 4th, 2009, 09:24
Please do not insult DAVID BOWIE you celtic swine.

August 4th, 2009, 09:29
A small event, but significant enough for it to me marked (I think) occurred this last weekend. After what we guess is around 10 years or so of entertaining the crowds at firstly Throb Splash then latterly Copa, dancer Pun retired from the stage last Friday evening. I hope I'm not gossiping too much to say he is 47 years old! I guess he thought he was old enough to be the Papa of the other dancers.

He was a dancer at Throb when I was here as a tourist, and I've lived here for 7 years so he has been a true stalwart with the Throb-Splash/Copa dance troupe. His final number was 'The Phantom Of The Opera' which he performed with his longstanding partner.

He isn't disappearing altogether though from Copa, as he is now working as a waiter which I am sure will be very strange for him at first.

I have enjoyed watching him over the years, and wish him well in his new job.

[attachment=0:2eye0jni]Pun.JPG[/attachment:2eye0jni]

Was ADOLF on a far east tour when you took that pic?

August 4th, 2009, 10:08
he should have quit decades ago :cyclopsani:

August 4th, 2009, 19:49
It has been posted on Gay Affairs Pattaya website (http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com/index/pab-the-new-waiter-at-copa-showbar.htm) that:
His name is Pab and not Pun (I tend to believe it is Pab as that's the name on his badge in the photograph)
He is 40 years old and not 47
He has worked at Copa for 6 years and not 10
And that his final routine on Friday was in fact Barcelona and not Phantom!!!

August 4th, 2009, 19:57
It has been posted on Gay Affairs Pattaya website (http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com/index/pab-the-new-waiter-at-copa-showbar.htm) that:
His name is Pab and not Pun (I tend to believe it is Pab as that's the name on his badge in the photograph)

THANK YOU for the above info - Now we can all sleep well tonite :smurf: :smurf:

August 4th, 2009, 21:29

I bet your'e quite an interesting person deep deep deep deep deep.............................down :salute: :salute: :salute:

August 4th, 2009, 22:01
I bet your'e quite an interesting person deep deep deep deep deep.............................down :salute: :salute: :salute:
No not really.
How can anybody be an interesting person when they spend their time posting and reading this shite!

August 4th, 2009, 22:28
No not really.
How can anybody be an interesting person when they spend their time posting and reading this shite!

I think the sun's getting to you try staying indoors

August 5th, 2009, 04:13
Please do not insult DAVID BOWIE you celtic swine.

Piss off you Antipodean Arsehole