PDA

View Full Version : Babylon Renovations

TrongpaiExpat
July 31st, 2009, 14:19
The downstairs restaurant is closed for the next 30 days for a major renovation. It's totally gutted now and full of construction equipment. I am not sure exactly what they are doing, I was just told it would be very nice. I was also told that after that there will be some more upgrades and improvements coming. Some of the rooms are also being renovated during the rainy season.

Not much updated information on the web page, other than: "Purchase 15 coupons for 2,700 Baht (valid for 45 days) OR buy 30 coupons for 4,500 Baht (valid for 90 days)" That comes to 180B for the 15 coupons or 150B for the 30. Good buy if you use all of them.

The last two foam parties were a bust, rain and foam just don't mix. There's also a 10% not published increase in drink prices, 20% on weekends.

Anyone know anything about Babylon Bacchus Chiangmai? Looks nice, anyone stayed there? http://www.babylonbangkok.com/room06.html

topjohn5
August 1st, 2009, 05:48
The downstairs restaurant is closed for the next 30 days for a major renovation. It's totally gutted now and full of construction equipment. I am not sure exactly what they are doing, I was just told it would be very nice. I was also told that after that there will be some more upgrades and improvements coming. Some of the rooms are also being renovated during the rainy season.

Not much updated information on the web page, other than: "Purchase 15 coupons for 2,700 Baht (valid for 45 days) OR buy 30 coupons for 4,500 Baht (valid for 90 days)" That comes to 180B for the 15 coupons or 150B for the 30. Good buy if you use all of them.

The last two foam parties were a bust, rain and foam just don't mix. There's also a 10% not published increase in drink prices, 20% on weekends.
Anyone know anything about Babylon Bacchus Chiangmai? Looks nice, anyone stayed there? http://www.babylonbangkok.com/room06.html

Yes, always a grand idea to raise prices when business is bad, LOL......who teaches Thais economics or just basic business exactly?
By the way, I have never been there is it nice.....clean? I unfortunately have an immediate American reaction to bathhouses that is not at all positive or valid to many of them around the world. Many European ones are quite nice.

TrongpaiExpat
August 1st, 2009, 12:26
Drink prices went up, beer 100B to 120 for example but on the other hand there's an other discount for multiple entries. It's not a big increase. Food prices were reasonable but the main restaurant is now closed for renovations and I don't know if the food is going to change along with the decor. I'll let you know next month. I am not sure why it's being renovated, it was not that old and looked pretty nice.

Babylon is not like any American bath house. Babylon along with Chakran are upscale saunas, posh and clean. There's shows, entertainment, party nights, decent food and drinks.

August 1st, 2009, 14:24
They have new towels but there were no safety items in my locker on Friday and they tried to charge thirty baht till I complained. I'll be seriously pissed if they start charging for safety. Maybe find out if it was on oversight later in the week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found out this afternoon that the absence of the safety items* was indeed an oversight.

*John, think extract of silva d'Malaysie and lube

topjohn5
August 1st, 2009, 15:27
They have new towels but there were no safety items in my locker on Friday and they tried to charge thirty baht till I complained. I'll be seriously pissed if they start charging for safety. Maybe find out if it was on oversight later in the week.

I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing.....not at you, but I guess at my own ignorance and imagination, LOL.
But, pray tell, what kind of "safety items" does a bathhouse put in your locker. Please tell me they include caribiners and helmets, 555+++
:cheers:

topjohn5
August 1st, 2009, 22:02
A good friend and I was at Babylon Yesterday, it was amazing, we got there about 5pm and there was 150 people there already, 260 baht entrance, as for the prices I never could tell you how much any bar charges, I just pay the going rate, I'm far more interested in if myself and my friends, are having a good night out, who is mean enough to worry about if the price has gone up 10% beyond me, everything goes up, so they have to hand on the prices did you not know, yes the ground floor restaurant is being done up, but no problem to any one. its like booking into a 5 star Hotel, when you can only afford to go to a 2 star one, just dont go, if you cant afford it and have to complain, cant you see your making a fool of yourself.

What always amazes me the stunning Guys who go there for free sex, are so iterested in farangs, my self and my dear friend had to look in the mirror. to see if the light or lack of it was making us so attractive, to these young guys with bodies to die for, I was looking to see if the wet look should be kept up in my act, as they were like bees round honey or shit, all depending how to view me. I know I'm well built shall we say, but so many after you, not just a few and they are so bold, mind you trying to hold my stomack in for 2 hours is not easy and push out me peks to make them fee gard is not easy either.

http://www.babylonbangkok.com/home.html

Dont worry what you look like, there was all sorts there from 18 to 80 Fat thin the ugliest creeatures you have ever seen mixed with the most stunning all going for all sort you could not imagine, I'm sure and all having something or some one of interest groping them and all other unspeakable things.

Plus the reason we went there after a day in the Immigration yuk, we needed a Hot Sauna urgently to unwind, and Babylon is in the next Street. it must be the best in the world, you would think you was in a 5 star Hotel not a Sauna unless you go through the wash room and see over 500 when full guys, having the time of their lives. must be a license to print money and you can have a meal for 200 baht that would put many Hotels to shame, drinks, cheap food, cheap entrance, cheap sex and boys all free, most better looking than any you see in the bars. on offer. :cyclopsani:

Wow, nice pictures....very upscale....I never would have imagined.

Khor tose
August 1st, 2009, 22:42

I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing.....not at you, but I guess at my own ignorance and imagination, LOL.
But, pray tell, what kind of "safety items" does a bathhouse put in your locker. Please tell me they include caribiners and helmets, 555+++
:cheers:

Yes they do, but you have to supply your own rope and/or any harnesses you use. :sunny:

On a more serious not I think they are talking about condoms and lube, and it is spelled "carabiner". :geek:

TrongpaiExpat
August 1st, 2009, 22:54
Yes they do, but you have to supply your own rope and/or any harnesses you use.

Not really. I have not been in or near that room for quite some time but only open late at night, the dark room that's accessible via the toilet on the ground floor of the disco room or via the back spiral stair case in the second set of room, then down there somewhere, feel around, there is a room with with a harness set up like a jail cell. Some ropes as well.

August 3rd, 2009, 01:55
Yes they do, but you have to supply your own rope and/or any harnesses you use.

Not really. I have not been in or near that room for quite some time but only open late at night, the dark room that's accessible via the toilet on the ground floor of the disco room or via the back spiral stair case in the second set of room, then down there somewhere, feel around, there is a room with with a harness set up like a jail cell. Some ropes as well.

On my recent visits, in the past three months, that area has been locked off, maybe I leave too early. How is "late at night" defined. It used to open about 7PM on weekends.

I really can't fathom why bottoms up has posted a pic of the restaurant under renovation. That's the subject of the thread!

TrongpaiExpat
August 3rd, 2009, 08:11
There's no strict rules on what's open and what's closed. Depends on the numbers and day of the week, I think. Sometime after 9 or 10, or maybe not at all some nights, after the upstairs dark room which is really a corridor to the stairs for the inner courtyard is open. It's nothing special.

555, the one you mention just wants to appear to be in the know, so he posts some nonsense and links a few photos. Ignore him, I am working on it.

thrillbill
August 8th, 2009, 15:47
"Safety items"--- I think most of us would bring our own (to put it bluntly) condoms since the ones that Babylon provide are not as good as Durex. I read once on a post where some saunas cannot provide free condoms in the lockers or else it will look like they are promoting prostitution.( Doesn't make sense to me but...)
Meanwhile at Sansuk Sauna in Jomtien (another well kept sauna) , the police made the owner remove the locks on the private rooms and no "safety items" available in the lockers anymore. Great screeching noises come out of the cubicles---not from happy couples but from the movement of the bunks against the doors. :salute:

anakot
August 9th, 2009, 07:25
Went to Babylon last week. Cost 230bht entry. Yeah the restaurant is being renovated but there is a small cafe available just up the stairs. Who really needs all this chic!

Why choose an Egyptian (or something) decor theme when you have rich tropical Thailand all around you!

Also too many 'attitudinal' & youngish farang there now so it will be like any 'big' sauna anywhere in the world. In fact this could be in Sydney pretty much... Except in Babylon they have polite massage staff.