View Full Version : introduction

tomkik
July 31st, 2009, 14:05
morning all. I have joined your forum because we noticed someone had set a link up to our music video. Hope you guys enjoyed it. It was actually written after sitting out on Silom road with a bunch of great thai friends until 4 in the morning and watchin the world go by.
Some great posts on this forum, i will be back again soon. Tom

[youtube:1lhojt9v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGldFKsPGB4[/youtube:1lhojt9v]

x in pattaya
July 31st, 2009, 14:33
What a depressing view of life in Bangkok and of Thai people.

Are you a short-term tourist reveling in the seedy side of a "furr-in" country?

One wonders about these "great Thai friends" sitting with you until 4 am. Did they participate in this opus?

Some great posts on this forum,

Haven't actually read any, have you?

July 31st, 2009, 16:19
Welcome tomkik! It's great to see your music video which I think captures the very essence and beauty of everyday life in Thailand! We need more people with your spirit!

You should be warned about some of the posters here who hold their noses so high in the air that they suffer from oxygen deprivation which can make them quite cranky. Living with their heads in the clouds also alienates them from the joy of everyday life in the Kingdom which you have so beautifully portrayed.

Cheers! :cheers:

July 31st, 2009, 17:19
hmmm, I thought they had dicks?

x in pattaya
July 31st, 2009, 18:06
Welcome tomkik! It's great to see your music video which I think captures the very essence and beauty of everyday life in Thailand! We need more people with your spirit!

You should be warned about some of the posters here who hold their noses so high in the air that they suffer from oxygen deprivation which can make them quite cranky. Living with their heads in the clouds also alienates them from the joy of everyday life in the Kingdom which you have so beautifully portrayed.

Cheers! :cheers:

About half of the people I know who now live in Thailand are looking for some place else to move. Some want to get out right away. One guy I know who has lived here for about ten years recently said "I hate this place". This negative feeling has become quite fierce over the past year. I think it has to do with many different annoying elements that all seem to be converging now. At the moment, it appears that things will become even worse over the coming months, but I have no crystal ball, I assure you. Personally, I still find Thailand mildly interesting, but nothing even similar to what it was in years gone by. Some have suggested it has reached the "tipping point" from which it will not recover.

You must be feeling lonely if half the people you know are leaving right now. Does that include Thais? Or do you know any Thais?

Interesting that Thailand has reached the tipping point from which it will not recover тАж presumably because of the devastating blow caused when the 61 million Thais have to face life without a handful of beer-swilling tourists unable to renew their visas.

July 31st, 2009, 20:07
If I was Chris Rea id be seeing my brief.

tomkik
August 1st, 2009, 22:20
thanks for the welcome, as for Chris Rea, yeah well he can afford one, so I guess it would be no contest. :) but I do live in LOS about half of every year, the rest here in the UK. We are gonna re record this one for a CD later in the year, so as usual what has been posted is a song in the making, as opposed to an established one. In the end what i do is what i like to do and i want to do. I am always grateful to find folk who like what i do, and never worried if some or many dont. Its all a matter of taste i guess.

Again thanks for the welcome

August 2nd, 2009, 10:55
LMTU/Bottoms Up..... exactly what is the color of the sky on your planet?

Impulse
August 2nd, 2009, 12:09
Not bad,but I think you used too many similar rhymes near the end. Cup,suck,buck and luck. And the word suck is a little tacky. Need to keep it G rated to be heard by the masses.

tomkik
August 4th, 2009, 13:53
I like the idea of putting it to a dance beat, but I am a writer NOT a singer, in order to get stuff out and under the right eyes i obviously have to sing. It does work sometimes though :drunken: as I do occasionally get a cheque, which helps keep to wolf from the door

SOOO,, if you have a great voice, i dont, and want to record it, let me know 55555.

Right now i am in the Uk for another few months, not quite as invigorating or motivating as LOS I am afraid, lots of long faces and whispers of doom.