PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Bangkok and Pattaya

July 31st, 2009, 04:58
Hi,
My partner and I will be in Thailand 9-9-09 thru 9-21-09. I am still undecided what hotel to book with. I've been reading all the hotel reviews and studied their locations in Bangkok and Pattaya. At this time, I am favoring Siam Heritage Hotel in Bangkok and Sun Suk Guest house in Pattaya. Would like some feedbacks on both hotels. Actually any feedbacks, tips, or suggestions will be appreciated. Vacation time for the both of us. : ) This will be our 1st trip to Thailand. We've been together for 12 yrs and we are both Asians. Presently residing in Northern California. (just a little background info)
Thanks,
John V

giggsy
July 31st, 2009, 18:25
obviously a realnew member and dosn't know where to post. most new members are just new names for old members wanting to have a go at other members and think no one will notice.

welcome imhis411 .you want to post in the gay thailand forum.

jinks
August 1st, 2009, 00:55
No sooner seen than done :cheers:

August 1st, 2009, 01:44
Hi,
My partner and I will be in Thailand 9-9-09 thru 9-21-09. I am still undecided what hotel to book with. I've been reading all the hotel reviews and studied their locations in Bangkok and Pattaya. At this time, I am favoring Siam Heritage Hotel in Bangkok and Sun Suk Guest house in Pattaya. Would like some feedbacks on both hotels. Actually any feedbacks, tips, or suggestions will be appreciated. Vacation time for the both of us. : ) This will be our 1st trip to Thailand. We've been together for 12 yrs and we are both Asians. Presently residing in Northern California. (just a little background info)
Thanks,
John V

You are doing well choosing the Siam Heritage in Bangkok. It is an excellent boutique hotel in central location. The alternative would probably be the Tarntawan Hotel with is just behind the Siam Heritage.

Ask the manager to post you an quotation for the Rabbit Resort Hotel in Pattaya which is located top notch on jomtien Dongtan gay beach; this fabulous resort is managed be the same family. Rabbit Resort is an very gay friendly family resort.

The Sansuk place is just about OK but nothing in comparisson with the Rabbit Resort (quote mayby 2 star to 4 or 5 star accomodatiation) but the pay ist just an small addition. The sauna extra isn't woth that much.

Thailand = Bangkok or Pattaya is not busy at all. All businesses, including even the most excellent Oriental, Amari's or Dusit's, are now fighting for any customer. If you don't like the stay, just more somewhere else. You can book from one day to the next and can negociate room rates at any time.

I would rather not book much in advacance and definitely never pay for the whole stay upfront. Once money has changed hands, negociations are going to be difficult - including joiner fees etc. At he family runned hotels like The Siam Heritage or Rabbit Resort you can always deal directly with the owners.

August 1st, 2009, 03:26
To Giggsy,
Thanks for the info.
: )

August 1st, 2009, 03:30
To Jinks,

Thank you for the information. We will contact Siam Heritage, but feel Rabbit is a tad steep for us. Anyways, hope to meet others that are so kind and informative as you.

John V

Beachlover
August 1st, 2009, 19:55
It's true... hotels in Thailand are really struggling at the moment and you can get some great bargains... 20-40% off normal rates. I love this GFC lol.

ThaiFan
August 10th, 2009, 20:26
Hi,
Thanks,
John V

Hi, I remember the Siam Heritage hotel is not gay-friendly. If you compare with the Tarntawan or the De Arni, both situated along surawong road, they may be better. De Arni is new, more like a no-frills service apartment type. It didn't have a buffet breakfast in April when I visited, but they allowed me to order a room service just about 180THB. Tarntawan is very gay friendly, and you can eat the included breakfast even at 11AM or later part of noon if I remember correctly.

Cheers.

August 10th, 2009, 20:40
How, exactly, are they "unfriendly" to gay visitors? Did they spit at you and call you a homo? Did they tell you you were a pervert and going to burn in hell? Did they mock your pink frock?

Beachlover
August 11th, 2009, 04:24
How, exactly, are they "unfriendly" to gay visitors? Did they spit at you and call you a homo? Did they tell you you were a pervert and going to burn in hell? Did they mock your pink frock?

lol... did you base these scenarios on previous experience? :blackeye:

August 11th, 2009, 05:56
I have been visiting Thailand for the last 7 years and I have hardly ever stayed in a 'gay' hotel. I have never had a problem with the staff, quite the oposite, always fantastically helpful. The biggest problem I find is the quality of the mattresses, some are like sleeping on re-inforced concrete. I generally pay between 1200 and 1500 a night for two of us. The rooms and facilities are always excellent. You can find cheaper if for instance you move back from the beach in Pattaya and look the otherside of 2nd Road. Jontiem is good for the beach, but if I dare say it, it's only a Baht bus away.

Beachlover
August 11th, 2009, 15:47
Ballys Suite Silom (there are 2... look for the Silom one) is great.

It's very friendly and the service is always excellent... they get lots of gay customers.

The interiors are almost brand new, nicely designed and very comfortable.

It's above Burger King... right next to DJ Station and about as close as you can get to the BTS station.

It's website lists rates as 2,400-3,200 but if you call them direct they will usually decrease this this depending on what room you want so it's really quite affordable.

Only downsides are the windows are quite small and there's no gym or anything.

August 11th, 2009, 16:24
If you are going to stay in Jomtien you need to be aware that Poseidon and the other hotels in that soi of the Jomtien Complex now have a full scale building site in operation at their rear 7 days a week. The San Suk guesthouse has been extensively - and favourably - reviewed in a separate thread quite recently, so check out the comments for more info.

krobbie
August 12th, 2009, 02:51
Hi,
Thanks,
John V

Check your PM's.

Cheers

August 12th, 2009, 09:13
Hi,

Thanks to each and every one of you that replied. We appreciate the information. Can't wait til 9-10-09!!!

Regards,

John V