PDA

View Full Version : Computer Prices in Pattaya

AKAHagrid-old
April 8th, 2006, 05:42
Hi All,

I will be travelling to Pattaya this summer and am trying to decide whether I should go through the hassle of lugging my laptop, or just buy a plain-vanilla computer in Thailand to use and donate to some worthy cause when I leave.

Could anyone give me a rough estimate of the going price of an entry-level system, no bells and whistles, perhaps from Big C, or some other reccomended source?

bing
April 8th, 2006, 08:48
I do have a small insight to offer. Are you going to do business or just for pleasure on the computer? Last time while staying at Howards, I used to trip out his door to the right and into a perfectly nice computer cafe, and for one baht a minute could check email and log on Sawatdee at will. That served my needs perfectly. If you use the same place for a while the manager give a nice welcome and a glass of water should you be thirsty. So if it just for pleasure, you might not bother with bringing or buying, just use the Internet cafe that is close to where you live. It's a thought, hope it helps.

Monty-old
April 8th, 2006, 08:57
You can get a no frills New computa At Big C Or It Com. for about 16,000 to 20,000 bht,
2 nd hand ones from 10,000 bht. from pawn shops in Sio 17 South Pattaya.
Or Ron From Rayong has a British Made Lap Top Fully Working for 11,000 bht.

And you can stay at MONTY's B & B for 600 to 700 bht per night with Free Breakfast,( Free Plug )
And use the internet shop just down the Soi for 40 bht an hour.
Up To You.

April 8th, 2006, 09:49
Monty as usual your info is not quite accurate, theтАЭ Internet shop just down the SoiтАЭ as described by you charges 300 baht for 11 hours use. That equals just 27.27 baht per hour and not 40 baht per hour, not a bad rate I think and probably better than owning one yourself. I know there are lesser fees for lesser hours but one would have to be nuts not to take the 300 baht plan.