PDA

View Full Version : Excersise in Pattaya

Surfcrest
April 8th, 2006, 01:53
In Pattaya, jogging really isn't a safe option (nor is walking for that matter) as it is in Bangkok.

If you are here or have been here recently you will know that quite a few new holes have sprung up in the last little while.
Not that I would choose 2nd Road for jogging no matter what the time or day, three new holes on the west side of the street to dodge. It seems the city department for digging things up is much bigger and quicker than the other department that gets around to filling them in.With so much foot traffic between South Road and Royal Garden Center, more than a few pumps have been polluted with pebbles and socks stained with those trendy the sock and sandal people.

I have seen some early birds jogging the roadway along Dongtan Beach but these folks have vanished as of late. Did they go home or should we organize a search party where the palms indicate two new sink holes. Curious to see how they laid such expensive tiles on top of beach sand. If you've stubbed your toe on one of those jutting sewer plates, you've already crossed jogging this presteen path off your list.

Fortunately where I live we have quite a large pool and so laps (when it's quiet) has been the primary option.

If you have walked by Boyz Gym and Sauna in Boyztown (Pattayaland 3) in the late afternoon / early evening you may have seen me. I have been fortunate enough to have the place to myself (mostly) and with three friendy staff members attending. Although quite small, I was surprised that they had enough equipment to still take advantage of a pretty thorough workout. With the heat the way it has been lately, taking advantage of the Sauna hasn't been on my list. I get to enjoy a free Sauna on my short jaunt to and from the corner. It would be nice if they would fix the traffic lights (2nd Road & South Road), but I imagine they'll get around to that after they fill in at least one of the holes. Meanwhile another appeared yesterday on South Road just east of 2nd Road.

Surfcrest

April 8th, 2006, 05:35
If one is able to rise early, I find a jog along Beach Road, to Walking Street, past Bali Hai, along the Marine Walk Roadway, and the up to the Royal Cliff Hotel can be very nice. For more of a challenge, continue up to the Radio Tower.

Thanks to Boxer for these pictures:
www.boxertravels.com/marine/index.htm (http://www.boxertravels.com/marine/index.htm)

Monty-old
April 8th, 2006, 09:17
I walk to get some where,if I have to. I Jog to get there quicker.
I take a baht Bus to get there safe, Let him drive throu the pot holes.
A 3rd class ride is better than a first Walk.
But I do take a motor bike taxi back from the market, to Monty's B & B 600 to 700bht per night, Plus Free Breakfast.( free Plug )
I am Just A lazy Sod.

Monty-old
April 8th, 2006, 09:18
I walk to get some where,if I have to. I Jog to get there quicker.
I take a baht Bus to get there safe, Let him drive throu the pot holes.
A 3rd class ride is better than a first class Walk.
But I do take a motor bike taxi back from the market, to Monty's B & B 600 to 700bht per night, Plus Free Breakfast.( free Plug )
I am Just A lazy Sod.

April 8th, 2006, 11:08
Damn I hoped you were talking about the US navy coming to town

are they still come

Aunty
April 8th, 2006, 16:56
I thought that was called fucking?