PDA

View Full Version : September in Pattaya?

July 26th, 2009, 23:32
I am planning a trip at the end of September/early October.

I have never been there in September, and have heard varying reports about the weather and the bars at that time of year.
If anyone is feeling generous enough to share experience and knowledge I should be most grateful.

Cheers all!

July 27th, 2009, 00:30
I am planning a trip at the end of September/early October.

I have never been there in September, and have heard varying reports about the weather and the bars at that time of year.
If anyone is feeling generous enough to share experience and knowledge I should be most grateful.

Cheers all!

In September/October:

1. It will still be hot.
2. The boys will still be whores.
3. The bars will still be open.

That's all you need to know.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

July 27th, 2009, 00:56
And very wet in October

July 27th, 2009, 04:26
Lonely planet has a guide on weather:

Weather (http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thailand/weather)

Someone pointed out that they have the timing for Songkran wrong (typical of a BBC subsidiary).

I found later November & December to be very good, on the basis that the weather back here in the UK is guaranteed to be **** & that in central Thailand is perfect.

Even if it does rain in September, the gogo bars will still be dry....

July 27th, 2009, 05:54
Whenever you choose to go remember to avoid those old expats living on small pensions. You can always tell them. They are the ones who sit in the bars for 2 hours with one drink and gibber on about thier boyfriends (sic).

Diec
July 27th, 2009, 06:05
You can do a handy little Google search and find out the tempuratures in Thailand when you will be there. You be sure to tell us all about your trip, if your even going!! lol

Beachlover
July 27th, 2009, 12:48
The hotels seem to be really cheap for just about anytime during the middle of the year. They go back to normal pricing from November till February.

July 28th, 2009, 02:25
I have to admit that the fact that the flights on my usual airline are so cheap has really prompted me to go!

I am even tempted to go business class for the first (and probably the last!) time ever, since the price is actually cheaper than my enhanced economy flight in February/March this year!

Sounds as though the possible daily rain fall will not be much of a problem......

Thank you for you replies - I am off to book the flights and hotel now!!!

Beachlover
July 28th, 2009, 09:20
Take advantage of it while it lasts... airline tickets are the cheapest they've been in many years, I think. Apparently economy bookings are down, business class bookings are severely down, but first class is holding up, not so badly.

lol... imagine all the indignant corporate travelers are squeezing their well fed bellies into smaller seats.

x in pattaya
July 29th, 2009, 16:41
Whenever you choose to go remember to avoid those old expats living on small pensions. You can always tell them. They are the ones who sit in the bars for 2 hours with one drink and gibber on about thier [sic]boyfriends (sic) [sic].

Sic is a Latin word meaning "thus", "so", "as such", or "in such a manner". In writing, it is placed within square brackets...

on about thier [sic]boyfriends

All together now:

"i before e
except after c
or when sounding like "a"
as in neighbor or weigh "

Now let's try that in a sentence...

"Let neither financier inveigle the sheikh into seizing either species of weird leisure."