PDA

View Full Version : Rental Apartments

July 25th, 2009, 23:42
Anyone know where I can rent a small, reasonably cheap apartment in central Bangkok for a couple of weeks? I've seen quite a few through google, but wondered if anyone had any particular recommendations?

Brad the Impala
July 26th, 2009, 00:37
How much are you looking to spend?

lo-so
July 26th, 2009, 05:39
Seems cheap - but obviously all aspects need to be checked and confirmed. My Thai friend got a reasonable deal - but isn't that nearly always the case. Good luck.

http://thaiapartment.com/

July 26th, 2009, 17:32
Anyone know where I can rent a small, reasonably cheap apartment in central Bangkok for a couple of weeks? I've seen quite a few through google, but wondered if anyone had any particular recommendations?
You won't find such an apartment for "a couple of weeks".
Most apartments require a deposit of 2 months rent and 1 month rent in advance, plus a comittment for you to stay at least 6 months in the apartment. If you leave before 6 months then you might forfeit your deposit.

You should be looking for a serviced apartment or an hotel if your stay is only "a couple of weeks"

July 27th, 2009, 05:35
As GBS says you should look for a serviced apartment or a hotel . Saying that, regular apartments might let you stay for less than 6 months these days as business is slow, there is an oversupply of apartments and not enough tenants.

Let us know a specific budget and what you're planning to do in Bangkok. 5000 baht a week and you will get somewhere fairly basic whether it's an apartment or a hotel room, it won't make much difference (you should get hot water, air con, a tv and an elevator either way). 10000 a week will get you some luxury - maybe a pool or a gym, nice view of the city, nicely decorated room. You'll get a lot more space in an apartment in this price range.

If you want to stay near Silom you might like the Malaysia Hotel. It's a 20 baht moto taxi ride to Silom Rd or 40 baht in a taxi. You can walk but you'll get hot and sweaty even if you're fit! Lots of Thai boys hang around in the hotel's internet cafe and at the poolside.

Cheaper and in the same area as the Malaysia Hotel is the Blooms Residence, which will be 500 baht a night or maybe less if you stay for 2 weeks. 6000-7000 a month if you stay there long term. It's quite acceptable and has a nice cafe, a convenience store and an internet area on the ground floor. This is as cheap as it gets in central Bangkok - surprisingly they still clean your room and change the sheets every day, even for 500 baht. There are some ladyboys who lurk around outside at night, but most of them don't bite, the neighborhood is quite safe.

Diec
July 27th, 2009, 05:53
Honey, if you are on a budget where you cannot afford accommodations, I suggest you stay home. I'm sure the boys will not appreciate you either.

Beachlover
July 27th, 2009, 12:57
For a couple of weeks... a serviced apartment seems best.