PDA

View Full Version : The Colonel/Homintern

July 23rd, 2009, 23:44
Whilst I am again in posting rather than lurking mode, can anyone tell me what's become of the dear old Colonel? There was a certain aplomb to his put-downs that nobody else can quite match. Catwumpus is, well, catty, and Gone Flashing is a far too prissy to be real fun (except when you get him in a temper). So that only leaves Smiles to deliver a true coup de grace (and so rarely. Mostly he's just plain Canadian, and nice).

July 24th, 2009, 03:01
Whilst I am again in posting rather than lurking mode, can anyone tell me what's become of the dear old Colonel? There was a certain aplomb to his put-downs that nobody else can quite match. Catwumpus is, well, catty, and Gone Flashing is a far too prissy to be real fun (except when you get him in a temper). So that only leaves Smiles to deliver a true coup de grace (and so rarely. Mostly he's just plain Canadian, and nice).

NOW OPEN!
ONE
CAN
OF
WORMS

:compress:

Smiles
July 24th, 2009, 04:58
Justin, I am afraid the Colonel/Homintern has (sadly) kicked the bucket: apparently from a massive heart attack. Further details are unknown.

Scottish Guy seems to think there is some worms in the woodwork here . . . that is to say driven by the fact that there are many members on this Board who don't believe it, along with a dozen or so conspiracy theories/speculations as to what happened to him.

All of that is balderdash ( I think :blackeye: ). Homintern (who's real name was 'Stephen') and I had a fairly long and on-going PM history over the years, which stopped abruptly and seemingly forever, very soon after his death was announced. To my mind, that would have been very unlike Stephen as he seemed to be a serial Message Boardie who took some pleasure on writing on this Board, and I don't doubt others.

Everyone here will believe what they want anyway. For myself, I believe 100% that our Board friend Homintern is safely six feet under.

<< gay-thailand/homintern-dead-t17210.html#p172633 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand/homintern-dead-t17210.html#p172633) >>

July 24th, 2009, 16:12
That is indeed sad news. I had assumed from the joking references in some recent posts to him pretending to be dead that he had merely stopped posting for some unexplained reason. A very great loss to the board. One of the few posters on here you almost felt you knew - and would rather have liked to,

July 24th, 2009, 16:33
So what was his real name? Sure it can't matter now that his is supposedly dead, and might help us find an obituary and obtain "closure".

July 24th, 2009, 17:20
Mostly he's just plain Canadian, and nice).

Isn't that Canadian and rice?

Heard Hovelturd went to the great cess-pit in the sky. RIP homintern.

Its that or he's being held hostage, cause believe me if he were till alive and kicking he would be back from the dead in no time.

Ah poor Homy locked in a tin bog-house with no food and means to pay the ransom, least he has water.

Marsilius
July 24th, 2009, 19:16
So what was his real name? Sure it can't matter now that his is supposedly dead, and might help us find an obituary and obtain "closure".

If you'd clicked on the link provided by Smiles above, you'd have seen that Homintern appears, in real life, to have been a certain Stephen Johnson.

Khor tose
July 24th, 2009, 21:29

If you'd clicked on the link provided by Smiles above, you'd have seen that Homintern appears, in real life, to have been a certain Stephen Johnson.
That was Colonel Stephen Johnson, which makes is very odd that no one has ever found an obit on the man. I looked every day for a week, and just checked again. It is kind of sad that no one published anything about his death. I agree with Beach Bunny about not able to have any real closure. Marsilius, did you go to his funeral?

July 24th, 2009, 23:53
Homintern (who's real name was 'Stephen')

How do you know - or are you just assuming that what he told you in a PM was correct?

I believe nothing personal anyone posts on this board unless their personal claims are backed up by personal knowledge, and even then I treat any claims with considerable suspicion. In "the Colonel" 's case his knowledge of even the most basic military matters was limited to a few catch-phrases which he often mis-understood, hence my scepticism.

colmx
July 25th, 2009, 02:11
In "the Colonel" 's case his knowledge of even the most basic military matters was limited to a few catch-phrases which he often mis-understood.

I don't think he ever claimed to have been a soldier?

I seem to remember him saying that he was banished from his family estate in the UK to work in the family Import/export business in Malaysia after getting caught up in a buggery scandal whilst still in his youth?

I thought teh Colonel reference was in relation to himlooking like Colonel Saunder - from KFC

Incidentally i notice that the poster Snowy is missing (and also presumed dead) from Baht-Stop since late January - could they be the same person?

Dick
July 25th, 2009, 06:39
It's a terrible loss whenever a long standing board member departs, and he who was The Colonel/Hominterm made a significant contribution to the Boards with his wit and dare I say, eloquence. Not everyone's cup of tea mind, as he didn't suffer fools gladly, but his contributions did help keep our Boards alive and provoke comment. You didn't necessarily agree with his posts, but the wit and banter were often entertaining... as were many of the replies solicited.

When a poster tries to retain some form of anonymity his passing is marked only by his absence. No eulogy or epitah for the anonymous. Yet he posted in thousands of threads on our boards and his 'handle' was well known. He is I believe deserving of some respect now that he has departed.

bao-bao
July 25th, 2009, 07:12
I wholeheartedly second Dick's post above.

The Colonel was the first on this board to piss me off, and also the first to send me useful information via PM.

I miss his posting.

I hope he's found some peace and wish him the best on his next go around.

Brad the Impala
July 25th, 2009, 16:43
Good to hear all these positive comments about the Colonel(an ironic title, I believe). It would have entertained him.

These comments seem to suggest that he may well have been the correct winner of the Poster of The Year(or whatever) award, despite those who doubted the integrity of his victory at the time.

Surfcrest
July 25th, 2009, 23:39
Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can - Jane Austen, Letters

In which case Colonel, I wish you're still laughing wherever you are!

Surfcrest

July 26th, 2009, 01:57
I was due to meet him with a visit to my house in Bangkok, ...

Why would any self respecting farang want to go to your 3000 Baht/month room with shared squat toilet in the back waters of Huay Kwang?

Brad the Impala
July 26th, 2009, 02:22
I was due to meet him with a visit to my house in Bangkok:

Was that the night that he couldn't make it, so you had to make do with Michael Jackson instead?

kittyboy
July 26th, 2009, 02:55
I never met the guy but did enjoy his posting and like many of you it seems miss his wit and observations. If he is dead that is too bad as he was a very funny guy and IMHO the only purpose in life is to amuse ourselves until we die.

However, the way his demise was announced was I thought funny and odd.
A poster out of the blue says the old sweetheart is dead...and that is it.
No more information, no one seems to know if Stephen was his real name, etc..
Apparently people looked for a death announcement or word of funeral arrangement, etc.. and none were discovered.

All of this has put doubts in my mind as to what we really know.
He may have passed on and he may have just gotten tired of the Colonel personae and decided to move on...

If he is not dead then he has or probably will reincarnate himself as some other poster - either on this board or someplace else.

It is interesting to observe the reactions people have towards his "death". Online communties seem to foster a sense of friendship, intimacy, one ups manship (is that one word?), personal rivalries, ect.. among people who have never met in person or met in person only rarely. It may be a tribute to the very basic human need to connect and feel connected to others.

July 26th, 2009, 03:19
I was due to meet him with a visit to my house in Bangkok,

LMTU: Is it just coincidental that as soon somebody dies you suddenly announce that you were a friend of theirs?

Or is this is just another of your 'Walter Mitty' moments.

He does claim that the owners of The Venue are his friends...and we know what they really think of him.

Wesley
July 26th, 2009, 04:22
Well there is no secret he and I did not get along all that well, however, I managed to develop the skin needed to deal with it. The worst is that he took me seriously in all matters or, he did not take me seriously at all, which is the likely story. At any rate I miss the tumult he most often left behind in his postings. I cannot say I agreed with all he had to say, only that I enjoyed his wit as much as any one, often even when it was directed towards me. I mentioned him earlier when I said the board had been a bit slow as of late. In that regard I do miss him and his oracles

Wes

lo-so
July 26th, 2009, 04:49
If one looks at Homintern's profile it states that his location is "A better place" and also the time since his last logon is marked by "---"

Additionally, in my somewhat oftentimes delusional state ( read pissed up!) I thought that he made or somebody purporting to being him, posts that have subsequently disappeared since the unsubstantiated announcement of his passing.

If indeed dead then his posts gloating about how financially wealthy he was relative to most other contributors in the few weeks prior to his shuffling off his mortal coil, might perhaps show how inadequate that measure of success in fact is relative to being healthy, happy and content in the simple pleasure of being with friends. For a time I thought that he was a friend of some of the posters here such as The Dame, Doris, O"booze etc - the fact that none of these have actually met him is indeed perhaps rather sad unless that was their wish.

Personally, as I hope he would (will) enjoy I exclaim that I really could not stand the BFOC. However I believe that he would rather know the fact that he got on my goat, or more likely not to give a toss, than reading the pandering and insipid posts that subscribe to never speaking ill of the dead.

My honesty is my best testament to a man that clearly abhorred wishy washy sentimentality.

Bugger him

I await your PM Homi!!

In vino Veritas

Khor tose
July 26th, 2009, 07:47
If one looks at Homintern's profile it states that his location is "A better place" and also the time since his last logon is marked by "---"

Additionally, in my somewhat oftentimes delusional state ( read pissed up!) I thought that he made or somebody purporting to being him, posts that have subsequently disappeared since the unsubstantiated announcement of his passing.

If indeed dead then his posts gloating about how financially wealthy he was relative to most other contributors in the few weeks prior to his shuffling off his mortal coil, might perhaps show how inadequate that measure of success in fact is relative to being healthy, happy and content in the simple pleasure of being with friends. For a time I thought that he was a friend of some of the posters here such as The Dame, Doris, O"booze etc - the fact that none of these have actually met him is indeed perhaps rather sad unless that was their wish.

Personally, as I hope he would (will) enjoy I exclaim that I really could not stand the BFOC. However I believe that he would rather know the fact that he got on my goat, or more likely not to give a toss, than reading the pandering and insipid posts that subscribe to never speaking ill of the dead.

My honesty is my best testament to a man that clearly abhorred wishy washy sentimentality.

Bugger him

I await your PM Homi!!

In vino Veritas

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Very refreshing honesty :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I must admit I had a good laugh when I read your post, especially the last part. Homi and I clashed several times on the board, but I will be the first to say he was brilliant and his knowledge of economics was second to none. Remember, he did predict the crash long before most people (except Jim Rogers) did. I would be willing to put up with quite a bit of his brand of nonsense to pick his brain about the current economy. My favorite economist is Richard Brooks of the NYT, but Homi was more on top of the here and now. His economic expertise is what I DO miss a lot.

topjohn5
July 26th, 2009, 19:02
Well, I have nothing say but good things about Homi as it related to me personally.....for others I certainly could understand that you would feel quite the opposite.
I just went back to look through my saved PM's and I did save 14 from him. I have NO idea why he started to PM me but I think he did that to many here.....I was not unique. He loved the banter of the board. It was somewhat of a sport for him and, I know it was pure enjoyment. Most of his PM's to me revolved around making comments about othersтАЩ posts or about posters and especially why he was saying what he was saying, LOL (the background of why he was needling someone).....I could almost see the glint in his eye (and he would have hated that clich├й). He also would send me a comment about a post but never post the comment because I assumed he hadn't decided yet where he wanted to go with the post or the person, hahaha. In addition, he would love to tell me in a PM the answer to something I was thinking BEFORE I would ask it.
But what I think I found the most interesting was that even though I was a very new poster (last fall) he took the time to offer his help to me right from the beginning. One of his very first PM's to me on September 25th was a detailed message giving me the number, name and bar of boys I would probably like, LOL.
Anyway, I thought he was a unique wit and the board certainly has lost a lot of color with his passing. May he rest in peace.

TrongpaiExpat
July 26th, 2009, 20:45
I see even our old friend dear Hedda or is that Hedda, dear has gotten in on the act on the mysterious disappearance of the Colonel. I did not know that one of their resident poster died, Snowy. I guess that was a confirmed death? Actually, I concur with Hedda's suspicions. The poster with all the answers, Sathorn-something only just registered two days before Homi died. That's a hard coincidence to swallow. The Colonel last posted 8 posts on 16 Feb 2009. This new poster never posted again, did not answer PM's, and never gave any convincing accounts or more information about the death of his friend.

Hedda himself kept himself quite anonymous like the Colonel but Pattaya being a small town, people talk and figure things out, a few residents actually know who is really is. That must have him up at nights. He was pointed out to me quite some time ago. Not quite what I pictured.

I was told by reliable residents Hedda even show up at one of Rainwalker's get-together parties and stayed to himself and did not introduce himself to anyone. So, maybe The Colonel/Homi was out there too, mingling with the regulars and having a hell of a time or just hiding in a corner like Hedda.

The Colonel on the other hand it seems no one ever met. He might have figured out who I was, not sure. He sent me an E mail once telling him that he enjoyed watching me last night at Dick's Cafe and I was there. I answered back why didn't you introduce yourself to me and he answered back with something funny and irreverent as usual but said OK, next time. There never was a next time.

I do also find it interesting that Hedda is still reading this forum. You would think he has enough to do with "his own" board. The quotes added because he denies it's his board, I don't buy that anymore.

http://www.baht-stop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6722

July 27th, 2009, 08:44
Im not sure of Hominterns death and I don't want to excite all the closure freaks here with promises of relief but when ever I looked into Sawatdee which is often even if I don't have the time to participate I noticed Homi was posting and posting. His posts were receiving very little attention, eventually his posts became almost like the ubiquitous flies at the banquette, many could hardly bother to respond.

I think Turd simply moved on cause he was treated like a bit of old furniture sprouting horse hair that no one quite wanted to sit on except the farting old rheumy family pet, or maybe he took up gardening or was arrested for public indecency. He did have a strange kink in that latter direction something that could have been quite easily fuelled by his little snorts problem.

Er.....has anyone checked in at the "Hilton" for Steven.

July 27th, 2009, 11:42
Wherever/whoever he is/was i hope he`s happy and at peace.

Thats all that matters at the end of the day.

Khor tose
July 27th, 2009, 11:50

Thats all that matters at the end of the day.

I will drink to that. :drunken:

July 27th, 2009, 18:12

Well if it's the Bangkok Hilton Im sure in it's own way it can be quite peaceful. Do they still not have proper beds?

Maybe we should have a database of names I mean there is rumour that Smiles is missing in action and well I feel terrible, I just do. I would love to make contact with his long term, send a card that sort of thing but I just don't have his name. Can anyone help, Im desperate for the man. :blackeye:

July 28th, 2009, 00:21
Er.....has anyone checked in at the "Hilton" for Steven.

In the absence of any evidence to suggest anything other than the death announced here, I think it's rather disrespectful to be making such accusations.

Wesley
July 28th, 2009, 00:40
I stopped in at Baht Stop for my first time and they with no doubt have looked at every possibility. However,I am not sure why They will not allow me to post ha ha. I guess Hedda is still mad at me.

Wes

Smiles
July 28th, 2009, 01:15
" ... I mean there is rumour that Smiles is missing in action ... "
What missing? What rumour?
I posted in this thread for christ sake. How much more 'here' can I get?

" ... I stopped in at Baht Stop for my first time . . . I am not sure why They will not allow me to post ha ha. ... "
Hey Wes, did you bother actually, er, trying to register?

catawampuscat
July 28th, 2009, 01:48
Add this poster to the list of those with long private messages back and
forth with the Colonel.. I always imagined him to be house bound as he always
seemed to be on line and responding to almost everything written..
The Colonel will be remembered by all of us who have frequented this forum
over the years.

It is funny that hedda's handle pops up in association with departed forum members.
I was also pointed out who hedda was and at that time he was 'in residence' in the white chairs at Jomtien beach.. People just don't seem to like lawyers and especially pompous dear ones.
After years in the orange chairs (Rits), I moved over to the green chairs
and found it a paradise with wide aisles and lots of room between
the rows and the chairs..
:cat:

Wesley
July 28th, 2009, 07:50
" ... I mean there is rumour that Smiles is missing in action ... "

" ... I stopped in at Baht Stop for my first time . . . I am not sure why They will not allow me to post ha ha. ... "
Hey Wes, did you bother actually, er, trying to register?

I did register, got my little thing in my alter email to confirm it Quickly that there was a time limit, then I Went back and it gave me an error message that I am not allowed to post in this thread while at the top it clearly said I was logged in. Ha ha must just be me Smiles. It was a good thread though. I haven't read that much in a while. I figured if I tried to register as Wesley surely I was asking for it so, I used another name. However its the only time I have ever not used my own name except back when Sawadee first began and Hedda was set free. So, I was on here for a while as another poster but when I came back My Wes name and that one would not work since the hot mail I had used had died and there was no way to resurrect my password. So, I could not get back on here either as Wes. As a result It seems as if I have not been on here very long, while actually I never left very long at all. However, the problem with Baht Stop may have been a glitch but I am not interested enough. to try and fix it.

Wes

July 29th, 2009, 08:07

Good grief I got a fright, Smiles re-erected! There's a rare thing to behold.

Must be hardening of the arteries....whoooooooooooosh right over his head, never mind missing in action doesn't necessarily mean physically departed er...Smily eat up your congee....BB want the drip this morning?

I feel terrible, I just do. I would love to make contact with his long term, send a card that sort of thing but I just don't have his name. Can anyone help, Im desperate for the man.

"We" are complimenting your long-times sweet-peas, now stop dribbling otherwise we're going to have to use the straps again. Smiley oh Smileeeeeeeeeeey you've got a post response.

Dead to the world.

July 29th, 2009, 08:21
In the absence of any evidence to suggest anything other than the death announced here, I think it's rather disrespectful to be making such accusations.

Ok ya the dead are bothered? Absolutely I can hear him farting in his tomb with the effort just to turn over (why they buried him face down? Well everyone knows that) never mind get heated about the fact that he is still being talked about a year after his rumoured death. Im sure he would take it as one fabulous compliment.

Now please point me to the official announcement of his death, time, place etc, Im desperate for some closure thing I feel exposed from all sides by all this wicked rumour soon I'll get hypothermia.

Oh dear no one knows his name? Hmmm can anyone track his possible ex-computer with his IP addy?

July 29th, 2009, 08:38
Quite seriously he could also just be incapacitated , ill, in a bed chair, on his last legs etc. If that's remotely true, kiss kiss Hvels good innings and all that hope you have dignity on your side and a sane nurse :salute:

Best to cover all bases. He came across as a lingerer not your sudden dear departed type. So a bed chair is very likely.

Does/did he even live in Thailand, had he even been to Malaysia? Problem is unlike myself of course as I stick to reality in this respect, but some people spin such fabulously elaborate online personae that it's almost impossible to pick out the truth.

Oh well back to the bed chair theory, anyone you know in this condition living in Thailand maybe its "our" Homintern.

x in pattaya
July 29th, 2009, 12:14
Homintern (who's real name was 'Stephen') and I had a fairly long and on-going ... history over the years, which stopped abruptly and seemingly forever, very soon after his death was announced.

It's hard to imagine that mere death would be a sufficient cause to quell his urge to communicate with you. Have you considered contacting a medium? I hear some boys working Sunee Plaza are experienced at getting a response from those exhibiting no signs of life.

Quite seriously he could also just be incapacitated , ill, in a bed chair, on his last legs etc.

Sounds like the Saturday night crowd in Boyztown ... customers and a few of the "staff."

July 29th, 2009, 15:10
long and on-going ... history over the years, which stopped abruptly and seemingly forever, very soon after his death was announced.

Oh only "seemingly" forever, has he come back? Who announced his death? Where was Smiles when he dies?

Yes I think a medium is an excellent idea. Does Smiles still have a locks of his pube?

x in pattaya
July 29th, 2009, 16:15
long and on-going ... history over the years, which stopped abruptly and seemingly forever, very soon after his death was announced.

Oh only "seemingly" forever, has he come back? Who announced his death? Where were you when he dies?

Yes I think a medium is an excellent idea. Do you still have a locks of his pube?

You seem to be a little challenged when it comes to quotes and the identities of various different people.

Smirks was the one you quoted above, not me. I suggested the medium. It was the Canadian chappie who was getting PM'd by the Colonel morning, noon & night, so I'm sure there's pubic hair aplenty in his personal repository.

July 29th, 2009, 16:59
There all done, sorry to have befuddled you...I thought it obvious but you cant can you, not on the world wide webbing. Are you American?

x in pattaya
July 29th, 2009, 20:24
There all done, sorry to have befuddled you...I thought it obvious but you cant can you, not on the world wide webbing. Are you American?

Well exactly he might have needed a release it's not at all unusual for a moderator to have a forum alter-ego in facts it's often a given. Its even more likely given that he was involved in someway. He would've been on the forum as somebody surely?

Considering that the Colonel attempted to give the impression that he was based in Bangkok and loathed Pattaya, that would indeed be a complete alter ego.

Old goat or not Homintern is missed, missing and people have been worried.

The British Embassy have no knowledge of anyone of that name dying in Thailand within the timescales.

The Embassy would probably not have knowledge of a citizen's death until it was actually reported. We have no idea of where, when, or under what circumstances (besides the cause being 'heart attack') of time, company, travel etc etc.
Has anyone checked over the last day or so? Will anyone check tomorrow, or the next day, or the next?

So Smiles seems to have covered those eventualities, neatly neglecting the fact that the death of a foreigner is automatically reported to the respective embassy ... though since he was Australian, it seems less likely it would have been reported to the British Embassy.

The Embassy would probably not have knowledge of a citizen's death until it was actually reported. Say what you will, there is a certain undeniable logic in that assumption.

As I mentioned above, Homintern (Stephen) and I PM'ed each other all the time, over many years, about the wonderfull [sic] weirdnesses of this Board

So if any of you PM Smiles regularly, don't stop or you might be declared dead.

All we need is for TravellerJim to comment on his health and life insurance and we should have a wrap on this.

I hate to bring up the issue of wills again, but I think I'll need to add a codicil to mine specifically barring News of the World and TravellerJim from my deathbed.

Brad the Impala
July 30th, 2009, 02:29
All we need is for TravellerJim to comment on his health and life insurance and we should have a wrap on this.

I hate to bring up to issue of wills again, but I think I'll need to add a codicil to mine specifically barring News of the World and TravellerJim from my deathbed.

Very funny. What a cast of characters, played by how many thespians?

Khor tose
July 30th, 2009, 11:23
It's hard to imagine that mere death would be a sufficient cause to quell his urge to communicate with you. Have you considered contacting a medium? I hear some boys working Sunee Plaza are experienced at getting a response from those exhibiting no signs of life."

ROFL I will be the first to admit they brought me back from the dead. :thumbright:

July 31st, 2009, 12:28
WTF are you talking about dear heart?

TrongpaiExpat
July 31st, 2009, 13:11
WTF are you talking about dear heart?

He's spouting malicious lies by innuendos. If there's a moderator out there awake, he's probably going to have to make up a new name.

July 31st, 2009, 13:17
What's wrong with "Jinks" I thought it quite sweet and timeless?

August 1st, 2009, 09:26
It seems that there is no one on any board who has ever met Homitern.
Since his only existence is as a board "persona" I would suggest that its immaterial if the person behind him is either alive or dead.
For whatever reason the "persona" we know as Homitern is no longer around so for all intents and purposes he is "dead".

And since I had him on "ignore" for years I don't miss him a bit.

He's spouting malicious lies by innuendos. If there's a moderator out there awake, he's probably going to have to make up a new name.

What's wrong with "Jinks" I thought it quite sweet and timeless?

oh Ceddie, I think it might be time for you to lay of the sauce too..... :drunken:

August 1st, 2009, 11:08
I posted the news of Stephen (homintern)'s death. It was my third post (this is my fourth). My first post was greeted by a vitrioloc response from x in pattaya. Stephen later told me that was typical - "the man is one of the most despicable people ever to post in forums" he said, and told me he'd written something similar here. However, "he's worked all his life in Moslem countries so what else can you expect?". Stephen's distaste for totalitarian world views was legendary; who can forget his labelling Judaism, Christianity and Islam" as "the Axis of Evil". His contempt for x in pattaya was equalled by his dislike of Gone Fishing. I re-read in an old e-mail - "Hedda-esque in his self-proclaimed expertise in absolutely everything". He confided "of course, they both live in Pattaya. Where else!". Pattaya for him was "a seaside wide-area brothel", full of life's misfits.

Stephen thought little of obituaries but I will attempt it for those clamouring for one. Some of my material is based on personal emails, a treasure trove of quotable quotes.

Stephen was born in 1940 near Bath. His mother was the daughter of a member of the minor aristocracy and second wife of another. He was educated at Harrow and spent his teenage years (from age 12, I believe) "haunting the local 'cottages' and seducing men two, three and four times my age. As an adult I've done the reverse, although not so much in the bogs". At Cambridge he studied politics and economics. He later went to Sandhurst and became an officer in the Irish Guards. He was always somewhat careful to gloss over his army career, making joking references to "commanding the Mobile Laundry", and he spent some time on liaison in Australia receiving (again a joke?) "a New Zealand passport from a grateful Australian government". Back in England he was (so he said) cashiered for sodomising his batman, and went to Malaysia to manage the family's import/export business there. He fell out with Mahathir ("mad Mahathir, the currency speculator") and moved the company's headquarters to Bangkok ("so much more fun"). In later life he came to believe Thailand's day was over - "1997 just got swept under the carpet; the next one is going to be really nasty for Thailand. At least mad Mahathir made an attempt to clean up things in Malaysia. The political instability here's going to get much worse over the next few years" - and re-located the company's headquarters back to Kuala Lumpur.

Stephen believed passionately in pluralism. The model for him was that the health of the environment depended on the richness of the biodiversity - in the natural world, in politics (a thriving democracy) and economics (free trade). The main object of his contempt on this forum was "boygeenyus in his many incarnations. He spent his boyhood in Houston and all his adult life in Thailand, two of the more corrupt places on Earth. No wonder he has no appreciation for transparency and accountability. He's been a rent-seeker all his life. I don't know why he bothers with the forum - every single member is unworthy of his esteem. I guess it's his insecurity."

This forum was an amusing place for him. He was particularly taken, so he told me, when a member of his family, son of his half-sister who'd "been knocked up by an under-footman and ran away to New Zealand with him" turned up as a poster. Aunty was able to confirm many of his uncle's biographical details. He also loved Australia - "the future of the West should be the Australian model" he'd tell anyone who'd listen to him, although he had little time for the more recent political leaders, Howard and Rudd - "both lightweights. Keating was the best leader of a generation. And you can get an Asian student there for $150 - $100 if you look hard enough". America, which he also visited frequently on business, was "dysfunctional, pre-Enlightenment really, the Pilgrim Fathers lurk around every corner, endless obsessed with blame and punishment".

His views on the age of consent - "verbotten on the Forum, you know, verbotten absoluut, Fuhrer Jinks won't hear of it" were coloured by his own early experiences. "Once you've grown your own welcome mat and put it out, you're consenting dear boy, I don't give a damn how old you are", and his views on religion ambivalent - "if it didn't exist we'd have to invent it. Fortunately there's the CofE - they don't give a damn what you believe." He was kindness itself; the batman he buggered he later fixed up with a job at the cathedral where Stephen's cousin had become bishop. The batman went to live with the choirmaster. You'll find it all there in homintern's Blog.

I'd have to say that the notion of advising the British Embassy of Stephen's death never crossed my mind. His body was not repatriated ("just chuck it out with the rubbish, old boy") and his attitude towards the local diplomats - "those shits at the Embassy" - rather suggested that such an action would be laughable.

August 1st, 2009, 11:26
How about giving us a detail -- just one -- that can be followed up and confirmed from outside sources? The name of his "family import/export company", the day and place of his cremation...anything. What you've given us simply a rehash cobbled from his postings over the years, and has more the appearance of being written by him than about him.

x in pattaya
August 1st, 2009, 11:45
"he's worked all his life in Moslem countries so what else can you expect?".

Actually only ten years, but the colonel (and you) was always short on facts and long on flatulence.

"the man is one of the most despicable people ever to post in forums" he said

Blush. Golly. I've always tried to be Number One. Hearing those kind words from the second most despicable poster here at SGT just gives me goosebumps.

It was my third post (this is my fourth).

Yes. This is your 4th. :toothy7: :toothy7: :toothy7: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

I'd have to say that the notion of advising the British Embassy of Stephen's death never crossed my mind.

Once again, I thought his claim was that he was Australian, but in any event, the death of a foreigner is always reported to the appropriate Embassy automatically, regardless of the cirumstances. Not an option open to alleged friends.

Sen Yai
August 1st, 2009, 11:55
Thanks, Sathorn, for coming back to set the record straight again. It's good to know all those stories of his life that he told us were true, including those about his neice Aunty. But how well did you really know him? Since you now tell us that he was born in 1940, that would make him 69 (or 68) which, as I always suspected, is much older than the '60' that he told us for many years.

Please stay around on this forum and provide us with further quotes from the treasure trove of his personal e-mails that you have, or add your own thoughts too. Your writing style seems quite similar.

Just as a final matter of interest, which bin did you dump him in? One at the rear of Soi Prostitute would seem appropriate.

Khor tose
August 1st, 2009, 12:15
Sathorn, thanks for the information. Since you knew him so well perhaps you would supply the parish he was born in just so the skeptical among us can verify some of what you said, and I am assuming that he graduated from Harrow in 1962 or later. If you could give me that date I would be glad to ask the school if they had such a student. Bodies are often very hard to get rid of, perhaps you can elaborate on what happened to him---cremation or burial. I am sure some of us would like to place flowers or other tokens of appreciation on his grave.

x in pattaya
August 1st, 2009, 12:36
. I am sure some of us would like to place flowers or other tokens of appreciation on his grave.

"Tokens of appreciation"... ummmm ... IтАЩve never heard them called that before, but as far as euphemisms go, it's as good as any.

TrongpaiExpat
August 1st, 2009, 12:43
Hi Sathorn: As a resident of Bangkok, I assume you are too, I would offer my services to meet you in person to present whatever "verifiable" documents you might have confirming the Colonel death or I'll just buy you a drink and we can chat. Up to You, contact me via PM and we can arrange a meeting. I can then post a report on the meeting and tell everyone what was presented. Your identity would be kept confidential.

Check your PM box, I sent you more details on this proposal.

blazer
August 1st, 2009, 12:57
I'd have to say that the notion of advising the British Embassy of Stephen's death never crossed my mind. His body was not repatriated ("just chuck it out with the rubbish, old boy") and his attitude towards the local diplomats - "those shits at the Embassy" - rather suggested that such an action would be laughable.

This posting about his life and death sounds more and more like a hoax. And how was it Sathorn's decision not to notify the British Embassy?

He may in fact be dead but there is not a shred of evidence to suggest that at this point.

August 1st, 2009, 14:29
I posted the news of Stephen (homintern)'s death. It was my third post (this is my fourth). My first post was greeted by a vitrioloc response from x in pattaya. Stephen later told me that was typical...

That "later" is quite a tell. Glad to here you are still with us Kernel ... as in n..

Smiles
August 1st, 2009, 18:45
I believe Sathorn. It 'sounds' about right.
I understand many folks here will scoff at a method as unscientific (and unverifiable) as that ... but often a 'feeling' is as much as one gets when the circumstances are what they are surrounding Sephen's death: i.e. sudden, lonely, mysterious (but mysterious ~ and myth-making ~ because of the ever upward spiraling gossip about it on this and other Boards). I suspect his actual death was, as most deaths are, pretty mundane.

Forget wreaths and burial sites ... the dumpster's fine with me. And thanks Sathorn for the further enlightenment on this singular death, though it will definitely not be seen as such by the majority here. But it is for me.

krobbie
August 1st, 2009, 18:52
Forget wreaths and burial sites ... the dumpster's fine with me. And thanks Sathorn for the further enlightenment on this singular death, though it will definitely not be seen as such by the majority here. But it is for me.

Ditto!

August 1st, 2009, 18:54
How about at least posting a couple candid photos of him, to prove your story that you and he were mates? Or tell us where he lived, so I can check up with the building management/landlord? Or post a scan of his much bragged-about APEC Business Card?

Like the poster above, I will be happy to follow up any verifiable leads you are willing to give, and report back to the group.

Smiles
August 1st, 2009, 19:15
How about at least posting a couple candid photos of him, to prove your story that you and he were mates? Or tell us where he lived, so I can check up with the building management/landlord? Or post a scan of his much bragged-about APEC Business Card?

Like the poster above, I will be happy to follow up any verifiable leads you are willing to give, and report back to the group.
I wish I could Beach Bunny, but alas, we were not 'buddies'. Homintern was an internet acquaintence only: many PM's (all friendly and chatty and a few quite personal, all now deleted as most PM's are: "who knew?" the man would croak outta nowhere). There were a couple of offers (by me) to meet for a drink when I happened to be in Bangkok, but there was always an excuse on his part that made it not happen. After awhile I guess I just got the message and didn't ask any more.

Homintern's exaggerated and edgy love/hate persona on Sawatdee is the thing which has turned his death into an ongoing field of speculation. I just prefer to believe the simplest and most plausible option: the man posted on this, and probably other, message boards for a bit of entertainment, and a bit of boat-rocking. Then he had a heart attack and died.
Because no one really 'knew' him, and his posts here were invariably acerbic, it's a simple and perhaps feel-good task ~ amongst those so inclined ~ to go about some glorious myth-making, and some juicy speculation.

I prefer the more plausible possibility/probability: that he simply died.

TrongpaiExpat
August 1st, 2009, 20:35
Smiles, I think Beach Bunny was talking to Sathorn, the messenger of death. I'm still waiting for a message from Sathorn on my offer to meet with him in person and offer whatever I can do to verify his claims to the Sawatdee board community. Now, Beach Bunny has also offered to check the facts. Lets see if this Sathorn fella takes either of us up on the offer.

Something tells me that Sathorn will be as elusive as the Colonel was or is. I'll take it a step further, if Sathorn agrees to meeting with me, I will not only keep his identity confidential, I will not post anything that Sathorn does not approve first.

Khor tose
August 1st, 2009, 20:42
Smiles, I think Beach Bunny was talking to Sathorn, the messenger of death

That is one great title. :cheers: :thumbleft:

topjohn5
August 1st, 2009, 22:08
Smiles, I think Beach Bunny was talking to Sathorn, the messenger of death

That is one great title. :cheers: :thumbleft:

Hahaha, I almost fell on the floor laughing whan I saw that line also. Great "Northwest" minds.....and all that, LOL.....
But really that line should be in some SGT book of verse.....

Davey612
August 1st, 2009, 22:37
If you archieved all of the Coloner's postings, you'll know that there is nothing new that Sathorn posted. For instance, it was a while ago that Hedda found el Coloner hiding in some motel outside Sacramento, California.

It is fun to speculate, but so long as you treat el Coloner as an entertainer, no harm is done. For me, it is like watching a telenovela.

Brad the Impala
August 2nd, 2009, 01:36
El Coloner!! Excellent, I like it.

TrongpaiExpat
August 2nd, 2009, 09:46
Well, I got a response from Sathorn regarding my proposal and without revealing the content of the PM lets just say that we are not going to meet. Sorry, I tried and I will not try again.

Aunty
August 2nd, 2009, 11:01

This posting about his life and death sounds more and more like a hoax. And how was it Sathorn's decision not to notify the British Embassy?

He may in fact be dead but there is not a shred of evidence to suggest that at this point.

Was there ever any evidence that the poisonous old cunt was ever alive? Maybe one of his close personal friends from the board who never met him like the fawning Smiles or the financially embarrassed cupofwarmpiss could advise?

Aunty
August 2nd, 2009, 11:04
Well, I got a response from Sathorn regarding my proposal and without revealing the content of the PM lets just say that we are not going to meet.

Why am I not surprised :pukeleft:

TrongpaiExpat
August 2nd, 2009, 12:45
Oh thats not a nice thing to say about the Cat, at least he is not running from the BIB like his best friend, who my spies tell me was in Baton Rouge florida recently,

You spies are lost. Baton Rouge, The Capital of Louisiana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baton_Rouge,_Louisiana)

Khor tose
August 2nd, 2009, 12:47
Oh thats not a nice thing to say about the Cat, at least he is not running from the BIB like his best friend, who my spies tell me was in Baton Rouge florida recently,

You spies are lost. Baton Rouge, The Capital of Louisiana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baton_Rouge,_Louisiana)

I think the idiot means Boca Raton, Florida where only the very wealthy live.

PeterUK
August 2nd, 2009, 19:21

Completely disagree with you on this one, Smiles. Sathorn's 'obituary' doesn't sound a bit like something heartfelt one would write about a dear friend. It sounds exactly like something homintern would write to bolster his own fantasy-based reputation and to score a few cheap points against other posters in the process, as was ever his habit. I never really doubted that his 'death' was a hoax, a product of his warped sense of humour, and this post of Sathorn's confirms me in that opinion. Shame because I was kind of hoping that the old fool might just have found out from experience how wrong his views were about the afterlife, as about so many other things.

Bob
August 2nd, 2009, 20:55
Shame because I was kind of hoping that the old fool might just have found out from experience how wrong his views were about the afterlife...

Is there really an afterlife? Well, I'll be god-damned! And are there a lot of Thai boys there (and are they offable)?

ceejay
August 2nd, 2009, 21:01
A friend of mine, a lifelong atheist, says that considering the lifetime of self denial and under-indulgence that Christians put in, he really wishes that there is an afterlife for them.

But - one that only lasts 5 minutes :joker:

Smiles
August 2nd, 2009, 21:28
Completely disagree with you on this one, Smiles.
Oh well. It's always been obvious from the get-go that Stephen's sudden, and I assume unexpected death ... 'somewhere' (did he die in Thailand?) accompanied by: no obituary to refer to in The BKK Post; no death certificate (which would of course show up on Sawatdee); no flurry of dear friends ~ who of course knew he had a crazed Posting Life on Sawatdee ~ rushing to join a message board they didn't even know about to suddenly post messages of condolence; no official notifications to Sawatdee Board from the British Embassy regarding the death of a Member.

If those are the kinds of 'proof' you wait for ... it'll be a long wait.

This mystery is rife with division, as I mentioned above, because of Stephen's rather edgy posting personality. Such divisions never occurred when a more gentle, less acerbic, 'nicer' member of the Board has croaked . . . in fact we can hardly remember their names. But a guy who created sturm and angst on the Board, continues to provoke it in death . . . and many folks want to make it all a conspiracy or a Big Joke on the apparently-dead guy's part.

Complete bullocks. But I'm not in the convincin' game when the truth is so convoluted, and it's so easy ~ and tempting ~ to disbelieve. Just have to agree to disagree.

Brad the Impala
August 2nd, 2009, 21:45
Completely disagree with you on this one, Smiles.
Oh well. It's always been obvious from the get-go that Stephen's sudden, and I assume unexpected death ... 'somewhere' (did he die in Thailand?) accompanied by: no obituary to refer to in The BKK Post; no death certificate (which would of course show up on Sawatdee); no flurry of dear friends ~ who of course knew he had a crazed Posting Life on Sawatdee ~ rushing to join a message board they didn't even know about to suddenly post messages of condolence; no official notifications to Sawatdee Board from the British Embassy regarding the death of a Member.

If those are the kinds of 'proof' you wait for ... it'll be a long wait.

This mystery is rife with division, as I mentioned above, because of Stephen's rather edgy posting personality. Such divisions never occurred when a more gentle, less acerbic, 'nicer' member of the Board has croaked . . . in fact we can hardly remember their names. But a guy who created sturm and angst on the Board, continues to provoke it in death . . . and many folks want to make it all a conspiracy or a Big Joke on the apparently-dead guy's part.

Complete bullocks. But I'm not in the convincin' game when the truth is so convoluted, and it's so easy ~ and tempting ~ to disbelieve. Just have to agree to disagree.

Such certainty over something apparently so uncertain suggests some additional knowledge other than that to which you have so far referred or that is public here.

Smiles
August 2nd, 2009, 23:17
" ... Such certainty over something apparently so uncertain suggests some additional knowledge other than that to which you have so far referred or that is public here ... "
How is my 'certainty' in believing that the man has well and truly kicked the bucket, any different from the 'certainty' of those (the majority it seems) who believe he hasn't, and is just pulling a prank?

I just think he's dead and gone. That's it ... for me at least. It's up to you what you wish to believe about it.

Could you be so kind as to suggest a motive I might have for having "some additional knowledge other than that to which you have so far referred". Surely you are not ready to accuse me of that without giving a good reason why you would think I have 'additional knowledge'. I assure you I do not. But if you choose to simply disbelieve me, then I have no recourse, do I?
This is all getting rather personal isn't it . . . and all over pure speculatory events, rather than known facts.

Brad the Impala
August 3rd, 2009, 01:20
Smiles,

There was no accusation in my comment. There could be a number of understandable, even honourable, reasons for knowing something but be unable to share it, to avoid betraying a confidence for example.

I think your response shows a touch of paranoia, all too understandable given some of the comments here and elsewhere regarding your position, and motivation, on the old arselicker's departure, whether it be from this forum or from this mortal coil.

I have never had any truck with the whole organised hydra scenario, and your alleged involvement with it, which doesn't mean to say that I don't believe that some, including possibly the Coloner, have not at times posted on the same day under different names.

It was Hedda's arrogance and vanity that convinced herself, and others, that there couldn't possibly have been so many real posters, that both disagreed with her and were irritated by her postings, so it must all have been a conspiracy!!

In the end, I can't just accept the word of someone that has no posting history or credibility, that someone is dead, in reality. There have been at least a couple of occasions when we have been told that real people are dead, that have been subsequently been found to be inaccurate. Sathorn's latest posting, a rehash of information already volunteered on this board by the fat bald old cunt himself, reduced Sathorn's credibility in my eyes. Had he included some additional information that had not already been revealed here, it would have been more interesting.

I don't however have a strong feeling either way, and certainly I don't care enough, or know enough, to try to make a case for either scenario both here and on Baht Stop. Perhaps we are taking it, and ourselves, a little too seriously.

I had the greatest respect for you as a Moderator, and that respect has been added to by my enjoyment of your posts in general, and in particular those about your relationship with Pot. God only knows why so many of the lunatic fringe have such a desire to make silly comments about you, and heaven only knows how you have the patience to rise above them!

lo-so
August 3rd, 2009, 04:30
I understand that his last muttering was "Bugger Bognor" (Shome mishtake, shurely? Ed)

and may flights of boy anal flaps sing thee to thy rest

In Analingus Veritas

Hope you like the "eulogy" you BFOC

TrongpaiExpat
August 3rd, 2009, 07:58
Here's another possibility. The Colonel is really dead, no notice, no friends, alone and the computer screen still running and Sathorn is a TROLL who had no knowledge of Stephens death and made up a few posts as Trolls do when he noticed the Colonel was not posting. Lucky guess.

Two poster with all the answers posted on the where's Fattman thread with completely different stories. Those posers along with Sathorn might be the same troll.

August 3rd, 2009, 12:50
Smiles

Brad are you suggesting Homintern and Smiles are the same dead person? Anyone know what Pot will do. Was there much in the kitty?

Brad the Impala
August 4th, 2009, 00:32
Brad are you suggesting Homintern and Smiles are the same dead person

I am not even suggesting that they are the same alive person!

August 4th, 2009, 05:09
Sathorn has written a very credible obituary of the Homintern/colonel persona, most of which I recognise from Homintern's posts in this forum and its forerunners. But since I don't believe that the author of the Homintern persona had all that much in common with his creation, it makes me suspicious of Sathorn's claim to know the real man - unless Sathorn is simply another of the real man's personae - though the style doesn't seem right.

But if the obit is bogus, that would make the original announcement bogus as well. Still, it would seem that Homintern the persona is no longer with us, whatever the state of health of his creator. So RIP. It's the persona I'll miss.

August 4th, 2009, 16:26
in any event, the death of a foreigner is always reported to the appropriate Embassy automatically, regardless of the cirumstances. Not an option open to alleged friends.By whom? What is the source of your information?

August 4th, 2009, 17:37
in any event, the death of a foreigner is always reported to the appropriate Embassy automatically, regardless of the cirumstances. Not an option open to alleged friends.By whom? What is the source of your information?

No one can be buried or cremated in Thailand without a death certificate.

Foreigners are no exception, and a report additionally must be made to the police -- who make official notification to the embassy in question.

August 6th, 2009, 14:22
[quote="x in pattaya":vfpi8ze6]in any event, the death of a foreigner is always reported to the appropriate Embassy automatically, regardless of the cirumstances. Not an option open to alleged friends.By whom? What is the source of your information?No one can be buried or cremated in Thailand without a death certificate. Foreigners are no exception, and a report additionally must be made to the police -- who make official notification to the embassy in question.[/quote:vfpi8ze6]Ah yes, we know how assiduous the Thai authorities, especially the police, are in following to the letter of the law :shaking2:

So the old boy died in Thailand did he? I thought he was living in Malaysia.

August 6th, 2009, 15:27
Maybe he left a nice little wooden shack like Mr Thompson's somewhere in the North London lowlands which we can turn into a gay tourist boutique hotel when things settle a bit there.

I see it clearly now given the input of the entire forum. Yes Homintern went out and never came back.

October 8th, 2010, 22:55
For those who care ...

Author: Beached Bunny ┬╗ Tue 2 Mar, 2010 5:14 am

... (and I doubt that there are many), here's the history of the infamous "true pic" that the poster currently known as Fuck-Face has in his possession of his nemesis, homintern. But first a brief history. homintern was first introduced to gay Thailand forums in the late nineties as a supporting character to a poster I had created called Sergei and he was then known as The Colonel. He was intended to be a crusty old imperialist who rushed to Sergei's defence when the precursor of SGT's x in pattaya was busily disagreeing in that particularly venomous style of his that building standards in Thailand are less than satisfactory. What really stuck in his Chicago craw was the ineffable sense of superiority shown by the British. The Colonel was, in my mind, based on a cartoon in a Jilly Cooper book called, I think, Men & Supermen - a fat, bald, blimpish character whose one line, addressed to a woman he wished to screw, was "Open your legs, damn you".

When that Forum folded Sergei, The Colonel and Master Bate (a persona named after a character in a Dickens novel) migrated over to its successor. It may have been Thaiguys; I can't remember. I believe at that point a poster called thonglor55 began contributing and what an obnoxious, self-satisfied and condescending little twerp he turned out to be. However that attitude had its own value; I'd make a statement about his background based on some other self-serving biographical fact he'd trotted out, and in his haste to show what a fool I was, would reveal a further piece of biographical information. I soon built up quite a biographical library, all the while honing my skills of developing imaginary characters just as a novelist does. Thaiguys eventually died, but not before x in pattaya had resurfaced and in almost the last post on that Forum posted a long essay called "Am I a homophobe?" (an accusation some had levelled against him). There was a famous line about "Just because I don't like Judy Garland songs ..." - absolutely priceless. That Board closed suddenly when a thread about Princess Sirindhorn went out of control over an Easter weekend when the Mods weren't looking and ended up being an example of lese majeste. The Board was immediately and permanently closed.

Somewhere along the line The Colonel assumed a leading role; Sergei dropped out completely (or did he? There's a poster by that name over on Baht Stop. Go figure). Bate eventually ended up in China (Darien - a location chosen entirely because a friend of mine was teaching English there at the time). In the meantime a Forum in the early 2000s allowed members to post an avatar or even photo of themselves. Was it Pattayagay or Dreadned, each of which had their problems? I don't recall, but suddenly The Colonel acquired a face. It was the face of a right-wing newspaper commentator a friend had directed me to. thonglor55 had dropped out of sight. I'm not sure why he wasn't contributing to gay Thailand boards at that time but my intended disinformation campaign didn't take off. Some posters even mistook the avatar to be that of Colonel Sanders, of KFC fame, showing how superficial they were (Surfcrest still continues to peddle that mistaken view but he's a poster I've always found to be a lightweight). The pic still exists in an active profile on a gay Board of which I am still a member but I shall not be telling you which one.

The forerunner of the current SGT was hosted by Eziboard. That Board saw the end of Hedda on SGT, who had become The Colonel's new sparring partner. Hedda's theory was that The Colonel, Bate and a new character, Trapnel (named for a character in an Anthony Powell novel) (google it, if you will) were the hydra heads of a single writer. Not a bad guess, but it was slightly off the beam, as their different characters were intended to be just that - different characters. I had failed as budding novelist, and generally thereafter stuck to The Colonel. That was the Board where thonglor55 reappeared as, I think, boygeenyus. However in the last few weeks of EZBoard, jinks and I fell out and in a rash moment The Colonel posted "Ban me if you think it will make the slightest difference" and jinks promptly did. The Colonel had to be re-born as homintern. Some posters have stated that that death-and-reincarnation was a deliberate choice on my part; I can only repeat that jinks' usual poor moderating judgment was the cause. Hedda's investigations included IP addresses - another lesson I then learned about disinformation techniques for those who might have access to any IP address I could be using. As a diversion I created a Hedda profile on SGT and wrote a Blog in Hedda's name. thonglor55 (then posting as boygeenyus) even PMed me about how amusing he found it and what a great talent I had. Little did he realise тАж

With the retun of thonglor55 I was ready to turn his vanity against him. I went off to the Internet again and found the pic of someone who might fit the profile of The Colonel/homintern that I had carefully built up; he's actually a senior executive in a US IT business and his pic still appears on their Internet pages. My friends' anecdotes had helped round out homintern's character, in particular one from a (straight) friend in Melbourne that he had been addressed by a street prostitute he had spurned as "I wouldn't want you anyway, you bald fat old cunt", and through them I found out about such things as the APEC Business Travel Card that homintern soon acquired. The Colonel's sexual preference (rimming) was chosen as that English boarding school vice - discipline - isn't as available among boys in Thailand. It is a source of immense pleasure to me that posters still use the phrase "bald fat old cunt" and make references to his sexual repertoire when referring to homintern - posters that to this day include thonglor55 (now Fuck-Face but as shall continue to refer to him by that original name) as if it is a statement of fact. The need was to give the picture some credibility and not post it directly on SGT. I created a profile on Gaydar for homintern assuming that thonglor55 would be scanning such Boards. After a week or ten days I changed the profile name on Gaydar from "homintern" to "foktong" and removed the picture, as if I had suddenly realised the mistake I had made, revealing "my" true face. The Gaydar profile still exists without a pic; it's the source of thonglor55's occasional remarks about homintern's career as an IT consultant.

It didn't take long for thonglor55 to start producing teasers within SGT - strips from the photograph of the forehead, the eyes or the mouth, assuming that I would be incensed thereby. I was happy to play along - it gave more credibility after all - screaming "It's not my pic but it's a friend of mine" and so on and so forth. It was a triumphant success. thonglor55 cannot conceive that someone like him could ever have been duped. Eventually he posted the entire pic, and I was happy to oblige by appearing to fly into a frenzy. Occasionally he would post about how he had run into me wearing a plaid shirt in Silom Soi 6 or sporting a cap to cover my bald head outside a notorious Bangkok sex cinema, both at times I was absent from Thailand. Fabulous! Then he decided to take that further. homintern had made a post to the effect that Thailand's day is over and he had decided to relocate the family import-export business back to Kuala Lumpur, from where he had earlier relocated it (to Bangkok). It was a story thonglor55 took at face value; he created a new profile on GayRomeo using his precious "authentic" pic of homintern, basing it in Kuala Lumpur and then posted a link to it on SGT. Oh well - another screaming rant to the Moderators of GayRomeo.

thonglor55 and I do run across each other in Bangkok - the ex-pat community is, after all, a small one and the gay sub-culture even more so. Whenever he sees me there isn't a flicker of recognition; he simply hasn't a clue that he's looking at ... well, the creator of homintern. One of our more recent encounters was in a gay karaoke bar in Saphan Kwai where thonglor55 finally did get the better of me for once. The only two cute boys in the place were already at his table by the time I arrived and he and his friend (unbelievably he has them) "offed" them shortly afterwards. As for the email correspondence which he always disparages as a figment of my imagination, I can only say that whenever I send an email to a non-existent or dormant email account I get an imnmediate response from the MAILER-DAEMON; such a thing never happens when I send an email (with randomly-generated IP addresses, many from places in Australia, the UK or Singapore) to thonglor55's email address - there is no response at all. No direct response, that is; Copper Pheel mentioned once and only in an email that the bar owners of @Richards were ready to lynch thonglor55 about the publicity he had given in SGT to the state of their business. In SGT some weeks later thonglor55 mentioned that he had visited @Richards and hadn't encountered the lynching party that Copper Pheel had promised. It pays to have a good memory.

So why kill homintern off? Ask another question - why has Hedda abandoned the Hopper? The reason is the same - finally I was bored with him.

A limp grasp of reality

Author: Beached Bunny ┬╗ Fri 1 Jan, 2010 4:44 pm

Did The Colonel/homintern ever exist, Surfcrest? Reading what he wrote as I have done again over Christmas it seems obvious that that particular poster was what he always said he was, the creation of a group of unemployed scriptwriters - or something very close to it, a made-up character from someone's attempt at creative writing. I'm surprised no-one has asked the obvious question about his death, one which he often foreshadowed as dying of a heart attack at the moment of climax, one boy sitting on his cock, another on his face with the tip for both in his trouser pocket so they would not go away empty-handed. If you read what he wrote, often in response to others' supposed attacks, he often agreed with some criticism or other that they were making of him, converting it into an anecdote about himself. Your best response to the accusation Copper Pheel repeated would be to agree and make a joke of it. Now we all think, rightly or wrongly, that you have something to hide.

Apart from the scriptwriters and his characterisation of the poster Aunty as his wayward nephew there are the endless imaginary characters as supposed friends, such as Dame Edna Everage (another fictitious character), Lord Emsworth (a character from the novels of PG Wodehouse), various oblique references to Anthony Powell's masterpiece A Dance to the Music of Time plus his own Blog (under the Retired Colonel persona). If you didn't realise, from his impersonation of Hedda and the creation of an entirely fictitious Hedda Blog, that you were dealing with a true fantasist then you would have to agree that as a confidence trick the creator of homintern has reeled you and many others right in. I'd suggest there is nothing about homintern, from his army rank to his education to his leather queen gay cousin the bishop to his APEC Business Card that allowed him visa-free residence in Thailand to his import/export business on which you can place any reliance at all. The joke is that many have.

catawampuscat
October 9th, 2010, 03:06
well, now the mystery is solved.. thanks :cat:

Brad the Impala
October 9th, 2010, 07:30
well, now the mystery is solved.. thanks :cat:

You mean that repeating posts that were originally made in January and February somehow brings an illumination that was not previously apparent? As if these comments were illuminating at any time!

DamienZ
October 9th, 2010, 15:39
Brilliant, absolutely fucking brilliant!
:lurk:

October 9th, 2010, 15:53
Hi All

OLD POSTERS NEVER DIE<<<<<<

THAY JUST WAIT TO BE REINCARNATED<<<<<<
MONTY ///// 2010

And we just keep bringing them back.To make there Day.

Thay have had there day. SO Let sleeping dogs lay.

Take Care
Monty

Beachlover
October 9th, 2010, 22:47
Don't know why this was all brought up again, but this is all pretty sad, what with the multiple made up characters and dramatic stories.

Smiles, do you still believe "homintern" is dead? Do you know how many PMs I've had from this loser?

Wesley
October 10th, 2010, 10:09
Yes my dear smiles I did try to register but with the same address as here, maybe I should try another email address to get in. Anyway I did not see the need to push it, in as much as I would not have been welcome anyway. if you like I can try again

Wes

Smiles
October 10th, 2010, 10:43
" ... Do you know how many PMs I've had from this loser? ... "
Have you any clue how idiotic a statement that is?
PM's are sent from a handle, not a real name. You have absolutely no way to know the actual 'name' of any sender other than the PM'er himself telling you his real name ... and, given that this is the internet, you'd not even know if that were true either.
Being you ... I'd guess that any number of hidden fools are PM'ing you, you being such a gullah you'd buy into any nonsense if laid out on a platter before you to eat up, then regurgitate (for direct proof of this, just click on the 'Search For All Your Own Posts' button in your profile).

And yep ... 'The Colonel/Homintern' is dead. I'm quite aware of minority status on this one ... c'est la vie.

Beachlover
October 10th, 2010, 16:10
PM's are sent from a handle, not a real name. You have absolutely no way to know the actual 'name' of any sender other than the PM'er himself telling you his real name ... and, given that this is the internet, you'd not even know if that were true either.
Being you ... I'd guess that any number of hidden fools are PM'ing you, you being such a gullah you'd buy into any nonsense if laid out on a platter before you to eat up, then regurgitate (for direct proof of this, just click on the 'Search For All Your Own Posts' button in your profile).

And yep ... 'The Colonel/Homintern' is dead. I'm quite aware of minority status on this one ... c'est la vie.

You mean the handle or the man behind the handle? The man behind the handle is alive and still f*cking about. I know you think he was your best buddy and all but did you ever actually meet or talk to him? Did ANYONE?

Where do you think all these strange handles (with homintern like traits) like TheMessenger, CopperPheel, Miso, Art, Stop and such came from?

Have you any clue how ironic it is you're calling me a "gullah" over this?

DamienZ
October 10th, 2010, 19:23
AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT....AN ARTISTIC RENDITION OF OUR BELOVED :headbang:

http://video.adultswim.com/aqua-teen-hunger-force/dr-weirds-diet.html

thonglor55
October 11th, 2010, 02:51
Where do you think all these strange handles (with homintern like traits) like TheMessenger, CopperPheel, Miso, Art, Stop and such came from?Clear evidence of the sort of senility that would single out Beachlover as the recipient of PMs.

Beachlover
October 11th, 2010, 12:19
Clear evidence of the sort of senility that would single out Beachlover as the recipient of PMs.

"Single" me out as receiving these PMs? I already said I received them.

You've gotten so pompous I can't make sense of what you're trying to say.

thonglor55
October 11th, 2010, 13:20
I can't make sense of what you're trying to say.All those who enjoy yanking Beachlover's chain please form a queue. Clearly someone who enjoys yanking Beachlover's chain (form the queue to the left if you please) has found that one of the ways to do so is let him think that he's receiving PMs from the late, great homintern. What does he do when Beachlover says "Oh homintern, do it to me baby"? He does it to him. Why wouldn't he? I wonder if he's ever said to Beachlover "Guess who I'm writing as this week?" and then feeds him the name of some poor newbie for Beachlover to name and shame. Beachlover being the gullible fool that he is would duly do so.

Beachlover
October 11th, 2010, 13:58
I'm not the only one who suspects all these handles are registered by the man behind "homintern". The style is pretty obvious.

Dude, you're idiot! Give it up.

lonelywombat
October 11th, 2010, 14:16
Homitern was a lot of fun in the old chat feature and w exchanged PMs.

He did give me the name of a Sawatdee poster who is a moderator on Cruising for Sex.

His behaviour on his own board was greatly different to his behaviour on sawatdee.

Beachlover
October 11th, 2010, 15:19
Yeah, he told me about that poster too. I didn't think he was that bad... he was blunt... but quite rational on most things. The board is worse off without him.

Wesley
October 12th, 2010, 03:31

I tried again now three times you tell me every thing works except the moderators review if I can post or not!