PDA

View Full Version : Patong Bay Garden Resort - Phuket

Beachlover
July 23rd, 2009, 19:50
Anyone stayed at the Patong Bay Garden Resort in Phuket before? Any thoughts? What are the rooms like? Joiners policy? Gay friendly?

mahjongguy
July 24th, 2009, 07:25
Anyone stayed at the Patong Bay Garden Resort in Phuket before? Any thoughts? What are the rooms like? Joiners policy? Gay friendly?

It's my favorite place in Patong. Right on the (gay) beach. I've been there several times, before and after the tsunami.

If I have the money I stay in an Andaman Suite; if not, then the regular Junior Suite. Of course, neither is really a suite but they're fine. The six Andaman Suites are truly on the beach. The others face the pool and are very dark inside.

Nice little pool, very gay-friendly staff. No joiners fee. Quiet, perfect location.

Beachlover
July 24th, 2009, 15:46
Thanks Mahjongguy :-) ... wow, a spot on reply.

That's great to hear they are gay friendly...

I was thinking about the Andaman Suite but is it worth it? I read somewhere that the view is blocked by something... and is there much privacy from people seeing you from the beach? I like rooms with lots of natural light.

mahjongguy
July 25th, 2009, 08:23
"I read somewhere that the view is blocked by something... and is there much privacy from people seeing you from the beach? "

In this pic the arrow points to the small 2-story building that has the Andaman Suites. Downstairs is more convenient, upstairs has a better view.

If you look at the 1st photo of the Andaman Suites on their Rooms page you can look through the patio door and see the beach umbrellas about 20 yards away. The sand comes right up to the porch.

For privacy you will need to close the drapes.

July 25th, 2009, 11:17
T

That's great to hear they are gay friendly...

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels all over Thailand, in probably 3/4 of the provinces, in cities down to villages. Never once have I encountered a hotel in Thailand that could not be called "gay friendly".

If you're talking about joiner issues -- that pertain to straights as well as to gays -- well, that is another issue.

TrongpaiExpat
July 25th, 2009, 12:32
I have stayed in hundreds of hotels all over Thailand, in probably 3/4 of the provinces, in cities down to villages.

If true, what a tremendous potential you have to be a useful and interesting poster but what a shame is the reality.

Beachlover
July 27th, 2009, 12:27
"I read somewhere that the view is blocked by something... and is there much privacy from people seeing you from the beach? "

In this pic the arrow points to the small 2-story building that has the Andaman Suites. Downstairs is more convenient, upstairs has a better view.

If you look at the 1st photo of the Andaman Suites on their Rooms page you can look through the patio door and see the beach umbrellas about 20 yards away. The sand comes right up to the porch.

For privacy you will need to close the drapes.

Thanks mahjongguy!... Very helpful. I didn't know there were two levels of the beachfront rooms.