PDA

View Full Version : Two Faces Boy Bar ~ guesthouse part please ...

Smiles
July 20th, 2009, 04:44
http://www.twofacesthailand.com/rooms.htm
Anyone? Anyone?

Looks like Two Faces Boy Bar in the Jomtien Complex has a few rooms upstairs for rent ( 2, 3?) which are NOT short time. The few photos on the website make them appear rather inviting. Price is right as well (850-1200 baht).

We enjoy staying in Jomtien Complex on the annual pilgrimage to Pattaya & Environs mainly because a very good friend lives in a condo just across the street (has a pool :blackeye: ), and for the easy walk to the beach, and baht bus to and from Pattaya is right there.
The Venue is out forever: cannot handle the black, chrome industrial look, nor the god-awful 'shows' these places ~ and I don't mean just Venue ~ pass off as entertainment (and the screeching noise at night). Like to try Poseidon or perhaps Tui's one of these years.

Some comments about Two Faces from those who have actually stayed there would be most welcome. We sat there in the bar last December for a few drinks and relaxation, and it was a really pleasant place to hang out for awhile . . . not claustrophobic at all, and excellent waiter/hangers-on eye candy to leer at when The Beloved went to the р╕лр╣Йр╕нр╕Зр╕Щр╣Йр╕│ :blackeye: .

July 20th, 2009, 05:09
I stayed there for 3 weeks in 2007. the room was absolutely huge. I loved it. (only saw my room -not others)

4 poster bed. Sofa & coffee table - dining table with 4 chairs - and still more space that could accomodate a 20 strong Isaan family. 2 entrances , one through the bar and up the stairs ( 4 short flights) or an outside entrance via several stairways from the street and along the first floor promenade. Seperate large shower room, cofee/tea/microwave/sink area with large fridge. This room was right next door to the well equipped massage room.

Very quiet and thick curtains should you need a dark room/day sleep period. The bar has had a refurb since then but dont know if rooms have ( not that it needed one)

heres some pics - cant remember the prices. ( think 800 a night)

And btw - Its not gratuitous nudity - its for scale *cough*

Smiles
July 20th, 2009, 05:11
Is that the owner? A bit pudgy ... prefer the Beloved thank you, though cell phone glued to ear is about right!
Pardon my stupidity, but what do mean 'separate' shower? Shirley not down the hall? Assuming 'ensuite'?

July 20th, 2009, 05:17
Is that the owner?
Pardon my stupidity, but what do mean 'separate' shower? Shirley not down the hall? Assuming 'ensuite'?

yes ensuite. I always say seperate after staying in rooms where the shower was a cubicle in same room ( they called That en suite lol)

The 2 guys who run the breakfast/sandwich bar have been there ages and while not exactly eye candy are great fun and good company. They know everything and everyone.

the owner is about 18 inches taller and 20 years older than the one in the pic at least :cyclopsani:

July 20th, 2009, 05:24
A few more pics froms downstairs. You might recognise some of them.

TrongpaiExpat
July 20th, 2009, 13:22
I have stayed at Two Faces many time and have been in all the rooms. There's slight variations between rooms. The ones in front do get some street noise but are larger. The ones in back are quiet but smaller. Bathrooms are all about the same. The place is clean, well maintained and a good value. Good AC and two fans in each room. You enter a rear door after the bar closes on the second floor of the Jomtiem Complex.

If your really hungry get the American or English breakfast and don't blame me if you gain a few kilos.

Years back it was hard to get a booking at Two Faces. They had back to back visitors staying in the rooms for week and months on end. It has lost some of it's popularity now and for the past few years I have not had a problem with getting a room even on short notice. I walked in a few weeks ago and was able to get two nights without a problem.

Dodger
July 20th, 2009, 17:19
Smiles...

I decided to hang my hat at Two Faces a few holidays back and give it three thumbs up... :cheers:

The suites are very clean, spacious and well appointed, and just a staircase away from the best western style breakfast in PTY, and great kow pad gai kai dow for Phot. Even when staying at Chateau Dale (my normal nest) I never started a day without sharing the wonderful company of those two guys in the pics. They are one of the reasons that Two Faces is so consistently well managed with such a sanook atmosphere. They have my prefered breakfast down pat and have it ready in 5 minutes flat: 3 eggs over easy, 4 rashes of bacon, 4 thin slices of swiss cheese, one freshly baked croissant w/orange marmalade, small glass of orange juice and one great cup of Belgium coffee. All served with a copy of the Bangkok Post and a few jokes...120bt...just great.

I rented a large front facing unit for about a month when I was on one of my traveling kicks. I negotiated 850bt for the length of stay and felt that was a great deal for what they offered. Twice the size of other similar haunts who charge similar rates:, i.e., Howards, Two Guys, Mosaic, etc., and in my opinion, three times the value. Throw in a few cute massage boys (my first four-hand adventure was here a few years earlier...hmmmm), and the fact that you're a short jog from the beach and you can't go wrong. There's no downside toTwo Faces.

BTW...the suites have a real home feeling to them, for me anyway. Nothing fancy, no shiney chrome or red velvet curtains, just basic furnishings which are clean and well maitained in Thai tradition.

P.S. They have very responsive room service as well. I'm not sure if they deliver food though.

Cheers.

July 20th, 2009, 18:16
They grow coffee in Belgium? I had no idea.

TrongpaiExpat
July 20th, 2009, 22:05
It's a Boncafe machine and Boncafe 'special blend' Thai domestic and imported beans. Originally a Swiss company with a Thailand branch. Switzerland's close enough to Belgium.

Boncafe Thailand (http://www.boncafe.co.th/company/company.htm)

3 eggs, 4 bacon, a butter croissant and cheese, so what's your cholesterol count?

July 20th, 2009, 22:14
It's a Boncafe machine and Boncafe special domestic Thai blend. Originally a Swiss company with a Thailand branch. Switzerland's close enough to Belgium.

Aha.

July 20th, 2009, 23:49

Yet another thread dragged off topic. How much longer will this go on for?

TrongpaiExpat
July 21st, 2009, 00:07
Not off topic really. We are talking about the excellent Boncafe coffee at Two Faces. Two Faces was the topic and the coffee is served at Two Faces. They get fresh bread (dark and light) and rolls delivered daily.

Someone mention the cats at Two Faces and we can really go off topic. How about that black bird in the cage over in the corner, what species of bird is that anyway? Anyone notice those cats are over weight?

Dodger
July 21st, 2009, 05:20
[

As far as I know, they don't. Their gourmet coffee is a blend of imported organic beans which are blended, roasted and stuck in a can in Belgium. The owner of Two Faces informed me once that this is what they serve. If things have changed I would be surprised, although not disapponted at all, because they still serve a great cup of java.

That little black bird in the corner also likes bacon, so if you see him gaining a little weight around the waist line you can blame me.

Cheers

Smiles
July 21st, 2009, 05:40
" ... Yet another thread dragged off topic. How much longer will this go on for? ... "Not dragged off topic at all. Rabid Ears is a message board troll . . . it's what he does, or tries to do. It's his job. Ignore him and think of him as a kind of 'mascot'.

Back to Two Faces stuff. Thanks for all the opinions guys. Two Faces here we come ... both faces of us, two-faced as we are.

Dodger
July 21st, 2009, 05:55
Good choice Smiles. You guys won't be disappointed.

Btw...theres a no-charge pool table on the second floor for guests if you guys are in the mood (for pool that is).

July 21st, 2009, 11:04
Two Faces is fine, and the breakfast is well-known for being monumental, but I'm not sure that I'd advise anyone to book rooms in any of the 'boutique' hotels on that soi at the moment. The point is that the strip of undeveloped land that runs behind the JT complex from Thappraya road to the beach is owned by a sibling of the Sino-Thai family that is building the View Talay condos all over Pattaya. With the near completion of VT7 in front of the Jomtien Towers the empty site has now been stripped ready for the arrival of construction materials presumably for the missing VT5A & B buildings. Who would want a room overlooking a building site with work going on 7 days a week? Caution needed, I think.....

July 21st, 2009, 11:33
Who would want a room overlooking a building site with work going on 7 days a week?

Possibly latintopxxx, with his claimed facility for luring "straight" construction workers into giving up their bung holes for the price of a khao phad?

TrongpaiExpat
July 21st, 2009, 11:55
....but I'm not sure that I'd advise anyone to book rooms in any of the 'boutique' hotels on that soi at the moment. The point is that the strip of undeveloped land that runs behind the JT complex from Thappraya road to the beach is owned by a sibling of the Sino-Thai family that is building the View Talay condos all over Pattaya. With the near completion of VT7 in front of the Jomtien Towers the empty site has now been stripped ready for the arrival of construction materials presumably for the missing VT5A & B buildings. Who would want a room overlooking a building site with work going on 7 days a week? Caution needed, I think.....

That land was striped and leveled over a year ago and then nothing. They built a construction trailer left these huge steel things on the ground and left. I was there three weeks ago and nothing was going on Are you telling us that just now recently there's signs of a construction project starting. It looked to me like they were just storing some heavy construction materials on that site.

If so, that would make all the rear facing rooms in all the hotels in the Jomtiem Complex problematic unless your a heavy sleeper.

In Bangkok there's a law that construction must stop at 12pm or something and not begin until 8 am. Is there such a law in Pattaya and does it get enforced?

July 21st, 2009, 17:01
Yes, E Dok Tong I'm telling you categorically that since you looked 3 weeks ago the earthmovers have started work and many of the trees, including several of the famous Dongtan palms, have already been cleared. Why not Interrupt your continuing worship at the shrine of St Onan and come and have a look for yourself.

TrongpaiExpat
July 21st, 2009, 17:55
Thanks for the up to the minute, on the spot, current and on the scene report. Just want Jomtiem needs another cracker box VT condo. going up. Keep us posted, useful information indeed.

Onan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onan) I guess St Onan is the patron of chuck-wow? OK, quiz question, what the Thai slang term for female masturbation? Thai and English literal translation?

tony279760-old
July 21st, 2009, 17:58
Those rooms look quite tempting. Can anyone tell me if the guesthouse has anywhere to securely park a motorbike overnight?

Dodger
July 21st, 2009, 18:06
tony...

There is no place to park a motorbike except for the street. The sois in Jomtien Plaza are regularly patroled by an on-foot security guard so I wasn't concerned.

Sen Yai
July 22nd, 2009, 00:42
OK, quiz question, what the Thai slang term for female masturbation? Thai and English literal translation?

Easy: р╕Фр╕Бр╣Ар╕Ър╣Зр╕Ф or dtok bet - 'fishing with a hook'

Here's one for you, what does this mean? : jong krum р╣Вр╕Ир╕Зр╕Др╕гр╕╖р╕б

TrongpaiExpat
July 22nd, 2009, 11:35
OK, quiz question, what the Thai slang term for female masturbation? Thai and English literal translation?

Easy: р╕Фр╕Бр╣Ар╕Ър╣Зр╕Ф or dtok bet - 'fishing with a hook'

Here's one for you, what does this mean? : jong krum р╣Вр╕Ир╕Зр╕Др╕гр╕╖р╕б

Not sure, it's the word for openly,courageously, dauntlessly so I am guessing it's slang for exhibitionism? I have a friend that likes to go to those fishing parks and could not figure out why everyone giggled at him when he aid he wanted to dtok bet

Getting back on topic, before the off-topic people get mad, I have been meaning to ask the owner what is the meaning of "Two Faces" Unusual name for a bar/guest house. I know that it's Thai owned and was originally across the street but there must be some significance to the name. In English it would imply duplicitous but in Thai it could have a totally different meaning.

Sen Yai
July 22nd, 2009, 13:13
Not sure, it's the word for openly,courageously, dauntlessly so I am guessing it's slang for exhibitionism?

Yes, OK I'll give you that. It means showing off!

Getting back on topic, before the off-topic people get mad....

OK, go on then.....