PDA

View Full Version : Luxor closed!

blueboy
July 19th, 2009, 09:39
Wanted to go for dinner at Luxor Restaurant (Daynight 2) 2 nights ago, and found it closed. I enquired with a friend last night who confirmed that it was closed for good.
Shame as I used to like it when first opened by Helmut (now of Pagoda), and when Bruno first took over. It did seem like the food was going downhill, and became quite expensive.

Anyone know anymore?

TOQ
July 19th, 2009, 16:33
" It did seem like the food was going downhill, and became quite expensive. "

I would think that would pretty much sum it up.

john

TOQ
July 19th, 2009, 16:37
" It did seem like the food was going downhill, and became quite expensive. "

I would think that would pretty much sum it up.

john

July 19th, 2009, 21:23
Sad as it used to be excellent - I used to go 3 or 4 times a week at one point, I could bring my wine, the owner was very nice, the food was fine, the service excellent and a very gay clientele & atmoshphere.
I stopped going there about a year ago when things seem to be going downhill with the increasing prices on food and corckagre, decreasing food quality and owner's antics. The billing also needed to be checked more than once.

What most restaurant owner's don't realise, is the amazing choice of places to go to in Pattaya.

On another restaurant note, It seems Louis Fassbind's anniversary is being celebrated at the Alois, Wii's, Cherry's and Bruno's. How much can one man eat?

July 19th, 2009, 21:32
I always enjoyed the food at Luxor and if this is true then it's a loss to the town.

What most restaurant owner's don't realise, is the amazing choice of places to go to in Pattaya.

Indeed - and I can think of several that deserve to be closed well before Luxor

July 19th, 2009, 22:28
It's been all downhill in Shitsville since the demise of the 'Nook.

francois
July 20th, 2009, 00:32
I quit Luxor a few years ago when they served a minuscule glass of cheap wine for beaucoup baht. But the food was good.

Patexpat
July 20th, 2009, 10:22
Sad news about Luxor - it was on our regular eatery list, and since Bruno reduced his prices we were hoping for a revival but obviously not; a sign of the times I'm afraid.

We did try Aquarius in Jomtien Complex on Saturday night; for some reason we had studiously ignored this restaurant ever since it opened, but having tried it once we will certainly be going back. We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, service and prices, before toddling of to see the show at The Venue - which as stated in another thread was packed !!

catawampuscat
July 23rd, 2009, 01:50
It's been all downhill in Shitsville since the demise of the 'Nook.

I heard the former farang owner/partner of the 'Nook' , better known as Niddys Nook was surprised to
still see occassional references to his long closed little restaurant in this forum..
Newcomers will be clueless to the reference but some of us old timers will recall endless and sometimes bitter threads extolling or belittling the eatery. It was just a little place but it sure stirred up the natives..

For the same newcomers or newbies, a quick search will open up that hornets nest..
by the way,
references to shitville are directed towards the brothel by the sea, beloved by many and detested
by many others.. :cat:

1PR4BKK
July 23rd, 2009, 09:45
When I first started staying at Mosaik Apartments I would eat at Luxor with friends. I do not know about the owner changes and things like that, however, I have noticed that the food quality has gone downhill and stopped taking my friends there.

I will say that there was very cute waiter that worked there and was tempted to eat there earlier this year but not tempted enough...LOL.

July 24th, 2009, 17:03
Any eatery that offers a Set Menu for less than 500thb is bound to attract the BCP's.

1PR4BKK
July 27th, 2009, 20:40
Any eatery that offers a Set Menu for less than 500thb is bound to attract the BCP's.

What does BCP mean?

July 27th, 2009, 21:00
Balloon Chasers of Pattaya. They are the ones who troll the town looking for parties with free food.

Khor tose
July 27th, 2009, 21:03
Balloon Chasers of Pattaya. They are the ones who troll the town looking for parties with free food.

This is actually funny, or I am still to sleepy to judge well.

July 28th, 2009, 00:21

This is actually funny, or I am still to sleepy to judge well.

Oops! Seems I've hit another raw nerve :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: