PDA

View Full Version : How to survive in the Sawatee Forum

July 18th, 2009, 13:57
Believe in yourself!
(more drunken BS from KenC)
[youtube:33u4rxhg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WGUt6xaKO0[/youtube:33u4rxhg]

PS Incase Spikey can't place it, it's from "How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying"

July 18th, 2009, 20:47
How to survive in the Sawatee Forum

Get your spelling right .....?

(sorry, Kenc, no offence!)

July 18th, 2009, 21:46
Have a sense of humor, and take insults with a grain of salt. :salute:

Smiles
July 18th, 2009, 22:00
Corollary on above:
Treat 'insults' as 'observations', learn from them. :geek: :salute: [/*:m:33lg11c4]
'Consider the source'. (e.g. a couple of the most pathetic: Boygeenyus/ChaoNa/Rabid Ears/etcetcetc, LMTU/Earwig/Bottoms up/etcetcec)[/*:m:33lg11c4]
Work on broadening your own Cosmic Giggle.[/*:m:33lg11c4]
Shed your naivete. Develop your thick skin.[/*:m:33lg11c4]
Don't reply to every taunt. In fact, reply to almost none of them. You have nothing to prove.[/*:m:33lg11c4]
Use the Ignore feature (but very sparingly).[/*:m:33lg11c4]
Be courteous in PM's.[/*:m:33lg11c4]

bing
July 19th, 2009, 03:18
Some nice observations about survival, but so far no one has mentioned some the old dears on the forum are a just a wee bit mentally challenged. Usually you can tell them by the venom they spit. Still this is not a problem, just bat them away as if mosquito landed on your arm. You don't necessarily have to kill them just swipe them away and deposit in the trash. With this attitude you can happily go about your life, while they wallow in their misery. It is certainly OK while surfing the forum to kiss a frog or two. You may be the one who brings a creep out of the corner in to light.

Wesley
July 19th, 2009, 04:12
Actually, Smiles is right, and although I may hate to admit it about most things concerning the board, the main key is thick skin which in the beginning I had very little of. Also it helps to use Firefox it auto-checks your spelling and avoids GF from having to post.

Wes

anakot
July 19th, 2009, 11:34
Some nice observations about survival, but so far no one has mentioned some the old dears on the forum are a just a wee bit mentally challenged. Usually you can tell them by the venom they spit. Still this is not a problem, just bat them away as if mosquito landed on your arm. You don't necessarily have to kill them just swipe them away and deposit in the trash. With this attitude you can happily go about your life, while they wallow in their misery. It is certainly OK while surfing the forum to kiss a frog or two. You may be the one who brings a creep out of the corner in to light.

I think you are right Bing.

While not perturbed I am sometimes suprised at the bile that pours forth. Does it discourage one from posting. Not really.

Sort of reminds me of those old gay bars of earlier times in faranglands long since gone. Remember them... where there was a lot of competition for attention, plenty of viperous old and not-so-old Qs spitting poison BUT (and this is a bit lacking here) usually a comic break or two in the style of Shakespeare. I suppose these Q's et al are emboldened by anonymity and general malaise.

Anyway still a source of useful stuff and I will continue to visit. Bring on the venom now girls...

July 20th, 2009, 10:55
Wholly Crap.
I must have really tied one on the other night.
I have absolutely no recollection of making this post :scratch: :idea: :drunken:

July 20th, 2009, 11:33
kenc im worried about you, I am, should you be drinking so much? What are you drinking bebe, are you being looked after out there in San Francisco?

July 25th, 2009, 09:09
kenc im worried about you, I am, should you be drinking so much? What are you drinking bebe, are you being looked after out there in San Francisco?

Well, I'll try to behave myself tonight Ceddie.

A good rule of thumb: anything I post before 8PM Pacific time is going to be intellegent, witty, and at least coherent.
After that time only the witty remains....

And after 10pm anything goes. :drunken:

Smiles
July 25th, 2009, 16:37
Thanks Bottom Butt for replying to each and every suggestion. Obviously the effort was worthwhile.
As you well know I ~ and 90% of this Board membership ~ have precisely zero respect for just about every aspect of You-&-Your-Ego, but I've never said your were completely devoid of at least a tiny droplet of humour: Loved this one " ... Canada ... where men are men and moose are nervous ... " Noted and thanks.

July 26th, 2009, 03:34
Another thread has degenerated into a slanging match.

One rather unwisely questions the intelligence of another member, whilst struggling with his own spelling in the same post.

My tips on survival in the forum:

1 Use the ignore feature for the very worst offenders. Normally they get booted off eventually, but recently it seems people can get away with almost anything without having membership terminated.

2 Expect any thread to go off the rails by the second page.

3 If you want a civilised debate about a particular topic, there are at least three other active Gay Thailand forums (Gaytingtong, Gaythailand & Pattayapassion).

4 If your question can be in the form of a poll, there's less scope for the trolls to move in & mess it up.

Smiles
July 27th, 2009, 13:03
" ... If you want a civilised debate about a particular topic, there are at least three other active Gay Thailand forums:

Gaytingtong ~ as long as you drink copiously to the point of catatonia, and/or supply Oogleman with a never-ending fountain of gin and tonics

Gaythailand ~ as long as you ~ on your knees ~ begin every post with something along the lines of " ... whilst I agree wholeheatedly with all GayButton's comments ... "

Pattaya Passion ~ as long as can sing (A capella) the first four verses of 'Oklahoma'; sign a notorized letter-to-the-Admin stating that you never have, never will, never contemplate disagreeing, arguing, raising an eyebrow or looking askance at another living human being, either in the past, the present or the future; provide written proof that you've eaten at least 15 hamburgers from the (now defunct) Niddy's Nook; and think 'being nice' would've got those silly protesters at Tienanmen Square a heck of a lot further than the shenanigans they got into. .... "

Khor tose
July 27th, 2009, 21:35
" ... If you want a civilised debate about a particular topic, there are at least three other active Gay Thailand forums:

Gaytingtong ~ as long as you drink copiously to the point of catatonia, and/or supply Oogleman with a never-ending fountain of gin and tonics

Gaythailand ~ as long as you ~ on your knees ~ begin every post with something along the lines of " ... whilst I agree wholeheatedly with all GayButton's comments ... "

Pattaya Passion ~ as long as can sing (A capella) the first four verses of 'Oklahoma'; sign a notorized letter-to-the-Admin stating that you never have, never will, never contemplate disagreeing, arguing, raising an eyebrow or looking askance at another living human being, either in the past, the present or the future; provide written proof that you've eaten at least 15 hamburgers from the (now defunct) Niddy's Nook; and think 'being nice' would've got those silly protesters at Tienanmen Square a heck of a lot further than the shenanigans they got into. .... "

This is one of the funniest things I ever seen on SGT, I am still laughing so hard that I can barely type. What ever "your laugh for the week award" is, you deserve it for the next month. Thank you Smiles.

catawampuscat
July 28th, 2009, 01:29
I used to think it was a bad management decision to allow "banned" posters to
return over and over again with new handles..
It is an 'open secret', when certain posters reappear, (after the moderators have
had enough) and in time their personae show thru and it becomes obvious to almost
all of us that they have returned..

I see Beach Bunny gets his share of rough treatment as did boygeenus and chao na
before him but I have always found his wit entertaining and intelligent.. I know my
friend Smiles has another point of view but I am glad we haven't loss this poster..
I am more in agreement with Smiles assessment of another often banned
poster and am amused on occasion with his observations and with the knowledge that he will self-destruct in time, as he can't help being himself..

I use the foe list and I never have to read the posters I don't want to read..
It is really easy and you can even sneak a peek, if your curiousity is aroused..
I do find it queer, when I see the same 3 or 4 posters on my foe list lined up one after
another on the same thread..They must be of one mind and certainly not one I want
anything to do with.. just my humble opinion .. :cat:

Smiles
July 28th, 2009, 01:39
" ... I know my friend Smiles has another point of view ... "
Oddly, I'm slowly changing my mind about that. Old age?

July 28th, 2009, 10:08

you forgot to describe one smiley...
sawatdee forum ~ as long as you enjoy flowing hatred. where the users continue to bash each other over the head with insults. look out for king smiles keeping reign over his camelot domain, bg running amuck with more handles than the local california wow gym and moderators turning a blind eye to it all.

July 28th, 2009, 10:27
you forgot to describe one smiley...
sawatdee forum ~ as long as you enjoy flowing hatred. where the users continue to bash each other over the head with insults. look out for king smiles keeping reign over his camelot domain, bg running amuck with more handles than the local california wow gym and moderators turning a blind eye to it all.

sounds like a lot more fun than the rest

TrongpaiExpat
July 28th, 2009, 12:44
That should be King Smiles. Ahh......yes I see Baht Stop has figured it all out. Smiles is the Colonel as well as most of the other posters and he is posting from behind a fence on a grassy knoll.

Khor tose
July 28th, 2009, 15:51
That should be King Smiles. Ahh......yes I see Baht Stop has figured it all out. Smiles is the Colonel as well as most of the other posters and he is posting from behind a fence on a grassy knoll.

Really, I always thought that if we put a beard on him and wrapped a cloth around his head and we would finally find Osama. Think about it, he can hide in Canada planning his next attack on the USA, which he will launch as soon as he is done overthrowing Hedda. You are a dastardly clever man Smiles, homi, colonel, Osama, or whatever your name is today. :cheers:

July 28th, 2009, 15:59
I always thought of him as a would-be Kim Jong-il.

http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/North-Korean-leader-Kim-Jong-Il.jpg

July 28th, 2009, 17:10
One wonders when Google will add a "gibberish to English" translation function, so we'll be able to understand WTF LMTU is on about...

Smiles
July 28th, 2009, 22:57

I've heard Kim-ILL cannot abide trolls either.

andrewcraig
July 28th, 2009, 23:03
One wonders when Google will add a "gibberish to English" translation function, so we'll be able to understand WTF LMTU is on about...

I am told that many Thai real estate agents are starting to talk Thai gibberish that defies translation into English. Perhaps they might be the only ones that can understand what LMTU is all about.

Diec
July 29th, 2009, 14:00

I've heard Kim-ILL cannot abide trolls either.

Smiley, do you contribute anything to this forum other than calling every poster a troll? lol. Speaking of trolling, how did your trolling for advice to open a concession stand for your boyfriend ever work out? How is his taking tourists sight seeing going? Please, no more talk about trolls, lest you look in the mirror.

Brad the Impala
July 29th, 2009, 15:57
Smiley, do you contribute anything to this forum other than calling every poster a troll? lol.

He contributes regular posts like the one below which most posters enjoy. Adding "lol" to the end of your own comments does not make them amusing.

Good Post (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand/the-world-good-indeed-photo-essay-coming-back-t18118.html)

Smiles
July 29th, 2009, 22:34
" ... Smiley, do you contribute anything to this forum other than calling every poster a troll? ... "
Shirley you exaggerate. There are only two trolls on Sawatdee, Rabid Ears and Diec (that would be you).
And there's only one difference between you two trolls: Rabid Ears is is a smart troll (i.e. often mildly amusing), and Diec (that would be you) are an idiotic troll (i.e. completely uninteresting).

July 29th, 2009, 22:41
Rabid Ears is is a smart troll (i.e. often mildly amusing)

Oh, Smiles...you old flatterer you.

Art
October 13th, 2009, 09:04
http://images.artnet.com/artwork_images_423841944_406540_howard-finster.jpg

Wolves are territorial animals. Studies have shown that the average size of a wolf pack's territory is close to 200 km2 (77 sq mi). Wolf packs travel constantly in search of prey, covering roughly 9% of their territory per day (average 25 km/d). The core of their territory is on average 35 km2 (14 sq mi), in which they spend 50% of their time. Prey density tends to be much higher in the territory's surrounding areas. Despite this higher abundance of prey, wolves tend to avoid hunting in the fringes of their territory unless desperate, due to the possibility of fatal encounters with neighboring packs.

Communication between these boundaries is achieved in part through scent marking and howling. Howling is the principal means of spacing in wolf populations. It communicates the location of a core territory as well as enforcing a territory-independent buffer zone around the roaming wolf pack. This territory-independent buffer zone is a means of avoiding encounters with neighboring packs near territory borders. Lone wolves, in contrast, rarely respond to howls, instead taking an "under the radar" approach. Howling communicates a core territory over time, as a wolf pack spends much of their time there.

Wolves, like other canines, use scent marking to lay claim to anythingтАФfrom territory to fresh kills. Breeding wolves scent mark the most often, with males doing so more than females. The most widely used scent marker is urine. Male and female breeding wolves urine-mark objects with a raised-leg stance (all other pack members squat) to enforce rank and territory. They also use marks to identify food caches and to claim kills on behalf of the pack. Defecation markers are used for the same purpose as urine marks, and serve as a more visual warning, as well. Defecation markers are particularly useful for navigation, keeping the pack from traversing the same terrain too often and also allowing each wolf to be aware of the whereabouts of its pack members. Above all, though, scent marking is used to inform other wolves and packs that a certain territory is occupied, and that they should therefore tread cautiously. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_Wolf

The size of your screen territory is up to you. If you make do with only 35 square kilometres, you still have to write 70 million posts with half a square metre each. Unless a beamer is your monitor.

You cannot physically invade the territory of the other mammals here - ┬╗homo┬л may be correct, but ┬╗sapiens┬л? So your more or less false teeth lack a territorial mission! The same is true for howling, urination and defecation. All-clear? No. Unfaithful brown eyes have secretly watched my territory, on the lookout to find me guilty of unfaithfulness. Quelle b├кtise! Butterflies flatly refuse the despicable practice of terminal deception that is so dear to many serial monogamists. Alert├й?

You must observe three rules, two announced and one unannounced. Sometimes the Supreme Leaders delete, but they quickly doze off again and grant more freedom of expression than the Laotian cleptocrats. Bribe Elephantspike and click absent-minded on all the advertisements, with only one exception. And he will keep the server running forever.

http://members.fortunecity.com/dorge/ubcjujutsu/throw.gif

Question to Radio Yerevan: ┬╗Is it true that Mr Elephantspike pays our forum saint Mr Beach Bunny for his sheepdog services to prevent circulatory problems of the heart and the blood vessels on the part of the forum members, with funds originating from the activities of Mr Crazy Dragon?┬л

Radio Yerevan answers: ┬╗It is true, but Mr Elephantspike does not pay him, and it is not Mr Beach Bunny but Mr Beachlover, and he is not a natural person but the product of the new Forum Entertainment Software, and he does not provide sheepdog but anaesthetic services, and he does not prevent but promote circulatory problems, because the software-based sharp teeth predicted by Mr Alan Turing are not yet operational, due to persistent problems with artificial intelligence.┬л

Beachlover
October 13th, 2009, 11:46
It's like a poet with a hangover...

Beachlover
October 13th, 2009, 11:51
it is not Mr Beach Bunny but Mr Beachlover, and he is not a natural person but the product of the new Forum Entertainment Software, and he does not provide sheepdog but anaesthetic services, and he does not prevent but promote circulatory problems, because the software-based sharp teeth predicted by Mr Alan Turing are not yet operational, due to persistent problems with artificial intelligence.┬л

Nope... I'm a living, breathing human being with a fully-functional brain, penis and all the other important bits the last time I checked.

Beachlover
October 13th, 2009, 11:52
Rabid Ears is is a smart troll (i.e. often mildly amusing)

Oh, Smiles...you old flatterer you.

Hahaha...

The king says to the village idiot... "Come troll... you amuse me"

bao-bao
October 13th, 2009, 21:05
A couple of years ago I posted something about translating software for his posts and just found the link again this morning.

Note the "full version" information provided for Sawatdee Gay Thailand users under the upgrade headline. Click on the image for the full text.

There may be an update to include his other handle(s) by now, I'm not sure.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/LMTU-TRANSLATING.jpg

October 14th, 2009, 05:18
Perhaps sometimes we all need a reminder?
Desiderata
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself to others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the the world is full of trickery. But let not this blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all it's sham drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a Beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
-- Max Ehrmann

bao-bao
October 14th, 2009, 05:59
...which reminds a twisted soul like ME of the National Lampoon's clever parody version of the above over-used piece that they called "Deteriorata" - also worth remembering :cheers:

DETERIORATA

Go placidly amid the noise and waste,
and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Avoid quiet and passive persons, unless you are in need of sleep.
Rotate your tires.
Speak glowingly of those greater than yourself
and heed well their advice, even though they be turkeys.
Know what to kiss... and when.
Consider that two wrongs never make a right... but that three do.
Wherever possible, put people on hold.
Be comforted that in the face of all aridity and disillusionment,
and despite the changing fortunes of time,
there is always a big future in computer maintenance.

Remember the Pueblo.
Strive at all times to bend, fold, spindle, and mutilate.
Know yourself. If you need help, call the FBI.
Exercise caution in your daily affairs,
especially with those persons closest to you...
that lemon on your left, for instance.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls
would scarcely get your feet wet.
Fall not in love, therefore; it will stick to your face.
Gracefully surrender the things of youth,
birds, clean air, tuna, Taiwan,
and let not the sands of time get in your lunch.
Hire people with hooks.
For a good time call 606-4311. Ask for Ken.
Take heart amid the deepening gloom
that your dog
is finally getting enough cheese,
and reflect that whatever misfortune may be your lot,
it could only be worse in Milwaukee.

You are a fluke of the Universe.
You have no right to be here,
and weather you can hear it or not,
the Universe is laughing behind your back.

Therefore, make peace with your god,
whatever you conceive him to be:
hairy thunderer or cosmic muffin.
With all its hopes, dreams, promises, and urban renewal,
the world continues to deteriorate.

Give up