PDA

View Full Version : Time Mag - Babylon & Patpong

x in pattaya
July 16th, 2009, 14:34
Someone on another message board posted this linK:

TIME MAGAZINE (http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1901396,00.html)

From Bangkok to Berlin, Hard Times Hit the Sex Trade

July 16th, 2009, 16:35
Good Grief. Babylon is said (last para of the TIME piece) to be managed by a female going by the same name as one of the posters here.

x in pattaya
July 16th, 2009, 16:49
Good Grief. Babylon is said (last para of the TIME piece) to be managed by a female going by the same name as one of the posters here.

I've never been to Babylon, but is she really a SHE? Maybe the Time correspondent is fuzzy on the difference.

maisoui
July 17th, 2009, 17:51

I've never been to Babylon, but is she really a SHE? Maybe the Time correspondent is fuzzy on the difference.

It's difficult to know who manages Babylon. The proprietor is sometimes seen but often modestly appears as a customer in the gym or restaurant and managers of various sections are evident by their supervisory actions.

Thais don't suffer Lofti Zadeh's fuzzy thinking. I was categorically told by a Thai PhD candidate at a fine British University that in Thailand there are three sexes, Male, Katoey and Female. No fuzzy logic there.

Certain bearded managers are occasionally seen in a skirt, but they are clearly male, even with the skirt on. Who the celebrated Pong is remains a mystery. I've never come across a pong or Pong in Babylon... as far as I know.

pong
July 17th, 2009, 21:20
well, sawasdee then, I am quite sure you mean something else.
Maybe pay a trip to Ban PONG_about halfway from Bangkok toward Kanchanaburi-both train and bus can whisk you there. then enquire further on the spot. Its that I am not in Happy land of smiles now-otherwise I could write it in the Thai script-but thats so difficult here. khrap-and happy times, nah.

July 17th, 2009, 22:14
I was categorically told by a Thai PhD candidate at a fine British University that in Thailand there are three sexes, Male, Katoey and Female.

Well, I think your PhD buddy needs to go back to school, because everyone knows there are four sexes in Thailand: male, female, katoey, and tomboy.

TrongpaiExpat
July 17th, 2009, 22:28
I have noticed in Bangkok quite a few tomboy couples expressing displays of public affection and a few dam-right sexual. One on the river boat had her hand up her partners short-shorts and the fondle'er was either missing a middle finger or it was up the fondle'lees wazoo. Then in my fitness club there's these two that sit in the same easy chair and dam if I did not see one put her hand up the others t-shirt and check out her nipple development.

July 17th, 2009, 22:31
How many of you, like me, often see a tomboy from a distance and think, "wow, cute boy!" Then you get a little closer, and discover the truth...

maisoui
July 18th, 2009, 05:43
I was categorically told by a Thai PhD candidate at a fine British University that in Thailand there are three sexes, Male, Katoey and Female.

Well, I think your PhD buddy needs to go back to school, because everyone knows there are four sexes in Thailand: male, female, katoey, and tomboy.

She wasn't a buddy. She had been a lecturer in English at a provincial University in Thailand, before winning a Scholarship to study abroad.

Have you ever won anything, Thumper? I heard you didn't make the heats for the human race. :salute: