PDA

View Full Version : Sunee Promotion & the Police Raid

bigben
July 16th, 2009, 03:28
I popped into Soi Sunee tonight because I read some flyer about a few promotions with the bars. ( I like promotions because I am such a cheap azz.)

After a bit of fun in Holiday 2 go-go which did not have any promotions but the normal bad boys doing their thing (apparently not all the Sunee bars were involved) I almost tripped over the police pick-up truck with red lights flashing parked directly in front of Holiday 2 a go-go when I exited the bar.

I stood in the doorway and watched as the police marched 7 or 8 boys from the upstairs go-go bar....not sure of the name but across from Top Man go-go....yes Top Man has changed names but the name I cannot remember at this writing.

After the police left I asked one of the taxi drivers what was going on and she said that the police had just raided the go-go bar and tested some employees for Yaa Baa. Those that failed the test were marched off to the waiting Police pick-up truck.

Of all the nights for a police raid, why do they decide to do it when Sunee Plaza tries to have a fun promotion type night?

Anyway, that kind of took the wind out of my sails and I left the area. I don't have a problem with the police but I would just prefer not to see them while visiting go-go bars. I spend most of my free nights either near Boys Town or Jomtiem Complex areas and have never seen a police raid in these areas.

Does anyone know why Sunee gets raided and the other areas don't? I am sure Sunee employees are not the only employees that use Yaa Baa.

I did eat at Memories bar before my fun at Holiday Go-Go, and the food was yummy.

Wesley
July 16th, 2009, 04:47
Does anyone know why Sunee gets raided and the other areas don't? I am sure Sunee employees are not the only employees that use Yaa Baa.

I did eat at Memories bar before my fun at Holiday Go-Go, and the food was yummy.

Now you know why, surely you do its called baht Dollars Peso Gingi , it what makes the world go round and the police bend over.

Wes

July 16th, 2009, 05:57
Of all the nights for a police raid, why do they decide to do it when Sunee Plaza tries to have a fun promotion type night?

Ask the Boystown cartel.

:cheers:

krobbie
July 16th, 2009, 09:11
Ask the Boystown cartel.

:cheers:

Now there's a canny statement.

atri1666
July 16th, 2009, 09:13
Nice from police always to wait with the raids till i finished my holidays. Never have seen one.

MARK
July 16th, 2009, 15:19
I also don't rely mind the police raids many customers in some other bars tend to run for cover at a safe haven a bit like the air raid warnings in WW2 for some bewildering reason when there is a raid i tend to fill with people I don't see that much throughout the year. :santa:

July 17th, 2009, 03:38
I also don't rely mind the police raids many customers in some other bars tend to run for cover at a safe haven a bit like the air raid warnings in WW2 for some bewildering reason when there is a raid i tend to fill with people I don't see that much throughout the year. :santa:

Mark, please be honest. 70% of your boys escaped when the police warning reached your bar. One of your leading staff confirmed this to my Thai friend. So please explain? 6 boys are on the bar counter moving (not dancing) and I sit 2 drinks long and not one boy came to my table also not to the next at 10.45pm

atri1666
July 17th, 2009, 08:21
[quote="gaydestination So please explain? 6 boys are on the bar counter moving (not dancing) and I sit 2 drinks long and not one boy came to my table also not to the next at 10.45pm[/quote]

You must have done something wrong? During my visit i was sitting with 11 boys and could not take more to sit with me

MARK
July 17th, 2009, 14:13

Mark, please be honest. 70% of your boys escaped when the police warning reached your bar. One of your leading staff confirmed this to my Thai friend. So please explain? 6 boys are on the bar counter moving (not dancing) and I sit 2 drinks long and not one boy came to my table also not to the next at 10.45pm

love that one you know I have listened to most of your post and responded to them to improve on what you have said eg lady's out side the bar,
39 gogo boys started work 4 left the bar because they were unsure if they would pass a drugs test 3 more staff tested then selves in the bar with kits provided by the bar and stayed. 11 boys were taken off and I can only presume you could not see the other boys in the bar even with the glow paint on.
You are however right about the lack of boys at one point left dancing on the table as they were all sitting with customers, and as you were there surly you sore me asking the boys not to take cigarette brakes and asking the boys that had finish drinking with customers to get back on the tables as soon as they could.

Mark.

MARK
July 17th, 2009, 14:24
[quote="gaydestination So please explain? 6 boys are on the bar counter moving (not dancing) and I sit 2 drinks long and not one boy came to my table also not to the next at 10.45pm

You must have done something wrong? During my visit i was sitting with 11 boys and could not take more to sit with me[/quote]

Sorry had not read your post before responding to gaydestination.
Not referring to you offing all the 11 boys, there were 11 boys offed that night which left the other to sit with customers most of the night.

Mark.

July 17th, 2009, 15:17
When one enters a gogo bar, it is best to adopt the view that there can be all kinds of unexpected dynamics. Not only will it vary depending on the bar, it will vary from one night to the next.

You may enter on the same night as better-known customer, with a reputation for tipping generously, or offing 2 boys at a time. Or he could have open bottles with him inviting a small throng of boys to sit with him. Either through recognition or invitation, it may end up in a situation where boys cluster around him, leaving other customers _relatively_ ignored.

The mamasan, or Mark the owner in this particular case, might tell the boys to move around, but this is a tricky thing to do. Such a request/order might please the other customers, but might offend the customer who had the boys crowding around him. The result may be a "no win" situation for the business.

However, as one intelligent boy once told me, the smart chap will play against the market. This boy told me he will look around the room, see who is getting short shrift from the other boys, but looks like a serious customer intent on an off, and he will go attempt eye contact with him. If it clicks, he then has a much better chance of an off. Thus, what I suggest owners do is to educate the boys about how they should be smart enough to move around without waiting to be told.

a447
July 17th, 2009, 17:48
It is true that a few boys left the bar on hearing about the police being in the vicinity. (One of them actually left with me -I offed him yet again). But hardly 70%!
A lot of boys were congregating outside having rather long ciggie breaks and to his credit, Mark did tell them to quickly get back inside and entertain the customers.
I did notice a lack of boys but when I looked around, some customers had 4 or more sitting drinking with them.
As macaroni21 says, it is a "no win" situation.

July 17th, 2009, 22:00
Why would they leave? What did they have to hide? Perhaps Mark would like to comment about why boys with something to fear from the police would be working in his club?

July 18th, 2009, 08:52
...However, as one intelligent boy once told me, the smart chap will play against the market. This boy told me he will look around the room, see who is getting short shrift from the other boys, but looks like a serious customer intent on an off, and he will go attempt eye contact with him. If it clicks, he then has a much better chance of an off. Thus, what I suggest owners do is to educate the boys about how they should be smart enough to move around without waiting to be told.

Was it Bunny who said "Why don't they get a 'real job'"? (maybe not, but it seems like something Bunny would say).
A lot of real smart guys working in the go-go scene.
Maybe they can't get "real jobs" because they are part of the Serf underclass in this Feudal Kingdom.
If the Class Ceiling ever shattered this country could really ROCK economically.

This is a lesson we learned in America, despite the Republicans. (or TO spite them?)

July 18th, 2009, 10:19
The real smart ones in Thailand don't get a "real job". No one ever got rich here from being on salary.

They make something happen for themselves.

MARK
July 18th, 2009, 11:38
Why would they leave? What did they have to hide? Perhaps Mark would like to comment about why boys with something to fear from the police would be working in his club?

I could put up a whole list of excuses as to why boys may want to leave the bars, when the police are coming some valid some not, from just not liking the police raid itself as some customers donтАЩt, but letтАЩs not beat about the bush some boys smoke Yabba .
And before anybody jumps on the have a go wagon YES we do have a testing policy in the bar and it is random on the date itтАЩs done and the amount of boys tested.
If a boy tests positive he is asked to leave the bar but is allowed to return at any time to have a re test and if he is clean he can start work again.
Point 1 is the drug only stays in the system 7 days. Which means most boys will test negative after 7 days.
An unfair part of this proseтАЩs is that many cough syrups and drugs that are given over the counter at the pharmacy all show up as positive on the police raids.
I would say the there are 3 main reasons the boys leave my bar if there is a police raid are.
1 frightened they may fail the test or know they will fail the test.
2 On the run from the army.
3 ItтАЩs a really good excuse if you have already have good tips to satisfy you for that nights work or have already made a off appointment for later in the night.
ThatтАЩs as honest as I can be and you can take it or leave it.
Mark. :salute:

July 18th, 2009, 12:30
The real smart ones in Thailand don't get a "real job". No one ever got rich here from being on salary.That's true - successful businesses are all part of one or other of the political/commercial/criminal cartels who run Thailand, and no-one gets very far without some cartel involvement. The political factions are just the political wing of one or other branch of the Thai mafia, the police buy and sell high ranking police jobs as they are simply a franchise to shake down business owners etc. etc.

July 18th, 2009, 16:19
LOL.

I'm not talking about a bar boy starting a CP Group or a Siam Cement.

I'm talking about one who might be intelligent and ambitious enough to start a business -- a SUCCESSFUL business -- that would give him income of 25,000 baht or more.

The fact is, though -- as so interestingly confirmed by Mark in another thread -- that a large portion of boys who work in the bars are completely dead wood. Drug addicts, AWOL from the army...boys who don't think beyond tomorrow and the extent of whose ambition is trying to find a sugar daddy to take care of them.

There ARE plenty of opportunities for smart, ambitious, and hard working people to make a good life for themselves in Thailand. Most bar boys, though, are -- face it -- not among the group that is most likely to succeed. And it has nothing to do with "serfdom" or other "poor victim" bullshit language people here use to make excuses for them. They are, simply put, basically society's losers -- and no one made them that way but their lazy selves.

July 18th, 2009, 16:27
There ARE plenty of opportunities for smart, ambitious, and hard working people to make a good life for themselves in Thailand.As we all know from this other topic (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/farang-losers-in-thailand-t18069.html) you've posted, that is not a description of yourself. Your self-promotion as a successful businessman in Thailand is in tatters tonight, as you stand exposed as a man who begs on Craigslist for money and then cross-posts here to improve your response rate.

July 18th, 2009, 16:35
Is that the best you can do? How I do miss the Colonel...at least he had some wit in him.

July 18th, 2009, 16:38
Is that the best you can do? How I do miss the Colonel...at least he had some wit in him.Is that the best you can do?

Patexpat
July 20th, 2009, 10:56
A quick case history - my bf got talking to out local Roti seller, a young chap in his mid twenties. In chatting my bf found out he sells between 60 and 80 Roti a day, at 25 baht each, and that the cart was his and he pays a small rent to the 7-11 he is outside of for the space.

Quick calculation of an average of 70 a day equals a gross income of B49,000 a month. After overheads and expenses he is still doing quite nicely thank you.

There are more ways for a Thai boy to earn a decent living than selling their ass, but as BB said it needs some determination and drive which is sadly lacking in many Thais.