PDA

View Full Version : Farang Bashing -- the New National Past-time?

x in pattaya
July 11th, 2009, 15:06
Looks like there a couple of places in Bangkok that AndyinOz should visit soon!

Farang Bashing (http://gayboythailand.com/bangkok-thailand/bangkok-gay-farang-bashing/)

Posted 4th July
Jay wrote:

I am not sure how many of you are aware of this but recently there has been cases of farang gay guys being beaten up at Lumphini Park and also Sanam Luang Area by gangs of thai teens and also there was two cases of gay farangs been beaten up at the area outside the Pan Pacific Hotel at Silom at night and another at Silom Soi 6 last Tuesday. (For those who can read thai , check out the archives of Daily News and Thai Rath last week and the week before that also.) What is happenning and why does this not appear in the English Dailies?

Thanks for the warning, Jay. I had not heard of this before. This is bad news but considering the negative vibe I have felt on the street in Bangkok lately I am afraid it fits with the times. The English-language daily newspapers either donтАЩt care or they donтАЩt want to hurt ThailandтАЩs image and tourism.

SF

July 11th, 2009, 15:08
It does not appear in English dailies, possibly, because it is not newsworthy. Fights on the street? Is it worth wasting newsprint on? If every fight in Thailand were reported, your daily newspaper would be as thick as a phone book (or, possibly, as thick as Tweedle Dum and LMTU).

x in pattaya
July 11th, 2009, 16:06
It does not appear in English dailies, possibly, because it is not newsworthy. Fights on the street? Is it worth wasting newsprint on? If every fight in Thailand were reported, your daily newspaper would be as thick as a phone book (or, possibly, as thick as Tweedle Dum and LMTU).

Rage Rage Rant Rant.

You do realize that everytime you have a hissy fit that you simply solidify your position as an elderly crank, bitter at a life filled with disappointment and frustration. Yes, we know you're unhappy and that you're crying out for help. No need to keep reminding us. Some metamucil , a Jomtien beach dvd & a jar of vaseline and you'll be well on the road to recovery. Before you know it you'll just be one more of the senile old farts wandering around the beach front with a full nappy/diaper.

I just found the article to be a "green shoot" of hope. If some of you who enjoy crawling through the underbrush at Lumphini, searching for love, get your skulls cracked open, some of these message boards could be more pleasant places to visit.

x in pattaya
July 11th, 2009, 18:21
There is nothing new about the odd robbery, it has been happening for as many years as i can remember and that is over 30 here, that is conveniently mentioned, because Thais do not waist there time beating people up, the very few are desperate for money with the down turn more so in many cases. :blackeye:

Yes, but there is something for people like Beach Buggy to learn from these incidents:

Brent Says:
July 6th, 2009 at 2:48 pm
Sorry gents, this has nothing to do with gay bashing and more with opportunistic robbery. Both my bf (university student) and I have cut through the park and have been aggressively and rudely propositioned by farang males. Some of these people are right out of barfville. Sorry, but none of these people is under 30 and capable of attracting a date without paying money. I wouldnтАЩt put it past a bunch of kids in need of a few baht to target people that will neither attract public sympathy nor the interest of the boys in brown. Face it, what are they going to say?. That they were your typical over 50 ugly creeps cruising impoverished boys for sex in a public area? In case anyone has forgotten, it is a criminal act to have sex in a public park or area in Thailand. IтАЩm not condoning violence but if you want to play with sharks you will get bitten. On the other hand, my bf says good riddance, if it is even true, which he strongly doubts. And to anyone that thinks cruising at the university is easy, think again. Alot of students, my bf included think itтАЩs pathetic. Usually the Thais that will strike up the conversations arenтАЩt even students. Every so often they take away some people in university uniforms from campus. No, they arenтАЩt sex workers, but scooter thieves and lap top snatchers.

http://gayboythailand.com/bangkok-thailand/bangkok-gay-farang-bashing/

Art
July 13th, 2009, 00:19
http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/images/sturmer/ds9-44.jpg

I have no intention of becoming a Buddhist, but what I have been able to understand of its teachings has been useful to me.

Vermin. Life is not worth living / When one does not resist the parasite,
Never satisfied as it creeps about. / We must and will win.

[quote="Beach Bunny":2lfjx9o9]It does not appear in English dailies, possibly, because it is not newsworthy. Fights on the street? Is it worth wasting newsprint on? If every fight in Thailand were reported, your daily newspaper would be as thick as a phone book (or, possibly, as thick as Tweedle Dum and Art).
Rage Rage Rant Rant.

You do realize that everytime you have a hissy fit that you simply solidify your position as an elderly crank, bitter at a life filled with disappointment and frustration. Yes, we know you're unhappy and that you're crying out for help. No need to keep reminding us. Some metamucil , a Jomtien beach dvd & a jar of vaseline and you'll be well on the road to recovery. Before you know it you'll just be one more of the senile old farts wandering around the beach front with a full nappy/diaper.

I just found the article to be a "green shoot" of hope. If some of you who enjoy crawling through the underbrush at Lumphini, searching for love, get your skulls cracked open, some of these message boards could be more pleasant places to visit.[/quote:2lfjx9o9]
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yJ7ipJnDZjc/SfwrEhJvChI/AAAAAAAAAnY/K3g_gX_PYVM/s400/800px-Birth_of_Buddha_at_Lumbini.jpg

Why hate ┬╗an elderly crank, bitter at a life filled with disappointment and frustration┬л? Don't you remember the First Noble Truth of the Lord Buddha?

Don't you love these forums too much? Do you want to become ┬╗an elderly crank, bitter at a life filled with disappointment and frustration┬л? Don't you remember the Second Noble Truth?

Most readers of SGT who never post will agree that Beach Bunny's posts are sharp and short. And most entertaining. I regret that he is not a Buddhist. Is a phone book an explosive topic for you? Or is Beach Bunny a genius of provocation?

Try this: Peter Harvey. An Introduction to Buddhist Ethics. Foundations, Values, Issues. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2000. 478 p. Three centimetres only. Thais know why they don't stroll about near Lumphini Park at night. They don't endanger their Baht notes or their beauty.

Bob
July 13th, 2009, 05:49
Most readers of SGT who never post will agree that Beach Bunny's posts are sharp and short. And most entertaining.

Well, actually I found that 79% of the readers of SGT who never post agree that his posts are simply dull and childish. [Yes, my source is the same as yours - meaning I pulled that outta the air.....]

x in pattaya
July 13th, 2009, 17:15
I have no intention of becoming a Buddhist, but what I have been able to understand of its teachings has been useful to me.

Oh please. The banter on these message boards has nothing to do with reality.

In another thread I said Beach Bunny is a kindred spirit, which is true. We both rant and verbally assault and castigate and poke fun at the other anonymous entities who have the temerity to post here. There may, on occasion, be the sharing of some useful information, but most of the messages & responses posted here are just a fun excuse for childish name calling and getting the wind up one another.

When I said something about my friend being "the sexiest, sweetest, nicest person on the planet" in another thread (although I genuinely feel that way about him) I expressed it like that for the sole purpose of getting doofusses like andyinoz to rant & rave. And, of course, being the wide-mouth (b)ass that he is, he responded on cue.

I know nothing about Beach Bunny or whether he's sexually frustrated or maybe he just has had it up to his nostrils with the mass demonstration of stupidity often exhibited on this board. I just come here from time to time to see if there is any useful information and then to poke & prod the inmates.

If youтАЩve ever read a description of Bethlehem Hospital, more commonly known as Bedlam, youтАЩd know why people often visited:

In the 18th century people used to go to Bedlam to stare at the lunatics. For a penny one could peer into their cells, view the freaks of the "show of Bethlehem" and laugh at their antics, generally of a sexual nature or violent fights. Entry was free on the first Tuesday of the month. Visitors were permitted to bring long sticks with which to poke and enrage the inmates. In 1814 alone, there were 96,000 such visits.

ItтАЩs just my misfortune I was born too late to spend a penny at Bedlam.

And, yes, IтАЩm kidding тАж about spending a penny тАж at SGT itтАЩs the same thing, but for free.

but what I have been able to understand of its teachings has been useful to me

...and anyway, what I've found especially "useful" is the way to "see" things as they actually are without the cultural/personal/generally-accepted prejudices filtering them & altering them.

I'm not contemplating entering the monkhood and I would never claim to be living a life totally in accord with Bhuddist principles.