PDA

View Full Version : Guesthouse / hotel for under 1000 baht?

July 10th, 2009, 17:15
A gay friend of mine from California is coming to Bangkok. He will stay with me here in BKK. He wants to spend a couple of days in Pattaya also but is on a bit of a budget. Any suggestions for a place to stay for less than 1000 baht a night in Pattaya or nearby?

Thanks,

ajarntrade

wg10777
July 10th, 2009, 18:06
Try some Hotels/Guesthouses in SuneePlaza Area, f.e. Howards Guesthouse (room for 600 B), or MarinaPlaza (room for imo 650 B), Ben Mansion (room for 400 - 500 B).
Or take a look at BeverlyPlaza (room for 850 B I think) in Second Street, between BoysTown and SuneePlaza.

I do not think that at the moment it will be a problem to get cheap rooms in Pattaya.

Irish1972
July 10th, 2009, 18:32
I suggest the "sundog hotel" at the front of Chateau Dale in Jomtien, 5 mins from both the beach and town. Go in and bargain with them, very nice, very clean great value imo.

TrongpaiExpat
July 10th, 2009, 23:02
Dare I mention the very nice "VENUE HOTEL GAY RESORT" next to the gay Jomtien Beach...who have a promotion, it will be all you need also if you can get a room, I know they are nearly always near to full, but just give them a ring you cant find nicer owners.
The Venue Residence
413/24-28 Jomtien Complex, Tappraya Road
Phone: (0) 3830 - 3787

More LMTU bullshit. I was at the Venue last week and there was only one other room occupied during my stay. I will say the 999B is a good value. I'll also agree about the owners if that's important. If you want to know what they think of LMTU just ask.

thrillbill
July 10th, 2009, 23:38
Looks like your friend will have no problem finding a clean place under 1000baht. Since he is on a tight budget (so he can spend the surplus on his dates) he should also consider what "gay area" he wants to be close to so it will eliminate some extra baht bus taxi charges coming and going.

July 11th, 2009, 09:05
If you want to know what they think of LMTU just ask.

OK: what do they think of LMTU?

July 11th, 2009, 09:56
Is it true what a gossip from western oz is saying that the 2 farang managers are in dispute with the venue owner and may be on the way out????????

July 11th, 2009, 11:08
Is it true what a gossip from western oz is saying that the 2 farang managers are in dispute with the venue owner and may be on the way out????????

Obviously having a high powered Financier watching and wanting a big return on his investment all the time, could put a strain on any business relationship, but I can tell you if he was going to sack his managers it would happen, he would not just talk about it, I have met Ken THE OWNER and he is a doer not a talker like you. who would take their place, they had all this change of management at the poseidon in the begining where in the end, the front man took over control there.

Quote:- TrongpaiExpat wrote:
If you want to know what they think of LMTU just ask. end of quote.

I'm sure I can answer your comment, We could all say silly things like that, but in reality we do have to live in peace and happy harmony together most of the time, when you have people who are outspoken and speak their mind, sometimes they do listen and believe idol gossip, until they get to know the truth sometimes when its to late. The same as I could say.>>>>>

"I hear if you want to know the real dope on their Self appointed Ambassador/Guru/Rasputin type, who wants to know your business and tells you nothing about himself, who thinks he controls everything behind the scenes in their life, contact LMTU as I know many of you love to do, he would have a lot to say, if he is pushed hard enough." but that would be silly unless your frustrated with life so much.

But what's the point we all live different lives, as long as your happy in your life and you are doing what you love, as I AM NOW you can only win, some love to sit in a Pub all night every night of the week and think its the greatest way of living, others like to do many things and be as free as a bird, its all down to finding what you really want out of life and doing what makes you happy, isome guys are never happy no matter what they have in their lives, f you start something then find its turning you into a prisoner in paradise, its sometimes best you do leave before your pushed.

Sorry Ron Looks like you got it wrong again

TrongpaiExpat
July 11th, 2009, 14:17
Last edited by Bottoms Up on Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

And, still makes no sense. I suspect there's some damage in the area of the posterior brain where information from temporal, parietal, and occipital lobes converge. If you have been like this since childhood? Is it getting worse as you get older? I would be very concerned if this was sudden onset or seem to be getting worse.

Back in your day if identified in childhood it was all lumped in the general category of a learning disability or ignored. Now, there are specialized treatment and learning techniques tailored for the specific deficit and tuned to the individual.

TrongpaiExpat
July 11th, 2009, 22:27
Oh dear this forum seems to bring the worst out in you Trongpai just like road rage, your really trying to let every one know your so bright and others are so stupid, but in stead of trying to ........................:

Geehses try to help a fella out and you take it as an insult. I was not trying to insult you and making fun of what's ever wrong with your brain is juvenile and I shall refrain from further comments about your apraxia. Your misinformation, stolen information, hype, bloated ego and obnoxious personality on the other hand is still on the table for comment.

Smiles
July 12th, 2009, 07:23
" ... if you knew me, you would know any insults, go down the pan like a shit in the toilet, with the chain pulled ... "
UpYerBottom (talking about shit), have you ever given consideration to the concept that you're just too thick (the 'head' region that is) to actually recognize an insult when you see/hear it?
That in fact has been my view for many years now ... having read your lying and/or exaggerated bullshit for that long, during the course of 6 or 7 handle metamorphoses/metamorphae (SP? GoneFishing, make yourself useful and jump in please).

July 12th, 2009, 08:48
I have never met you Bottoms Up, and from reading some of your many rambling posts I don't want to. On the other hand, I have met TrongpaiExpat and can say he is an intelligent and honest man with no bullshit. I am happy to be his friend, and I met him through contact on this board. As a fellow Canadian, I hope some day to also meet Smiles in person.

July 12th, 2009, 09:01
I have never met you Bottoms Up, and from reading some of your many rambling posts I don't want to. On the other hand, I have met TrongpaiExpat and can say he is an intelligent and honest man with no bullshit. I am happy to be his friend, and I met him through contact on this board. As a fellow Canadian, I hope some day to also meet Smiles in person.

I hope all you little colonial HOBITS live happily ever after in the Shire :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

TrongpaiExpat
July 12th, 2009, 21:58
If you read my posts, as I know many of you do, from my mail box and thanks for all your kind words, to which your right it would not be of any Interest to the professional complainers here. [youtube:uj1gjcin]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdxyn1LxoVQ[/youtube:uj1gjcin]

wg10777
July 14th, 2009, 00:58
Ajarntrade will be very impressed about the information he gets here in this forum.
He asked for cheap hotel rooms for his friend in Pattaya, and all I can read from the 5th reply is absolutely bullshit and has absolutely nothing to do with the inquiry.
so will you please finish with this, you can open a new subject about your shit, but give the required information to Ajarntrade.

Beachlover
July 14th, 2009, 02:29
Its such a shame we have just about 6 childish people who think they are so much more Important than any one else, but when you look at there posts, its all winging and wining and constant they think you think they are such a nice men but they are not.

There I Smiles who has been around for ever like me and thinks he is the local oracle, very everything about Thailand,
but the truth be known, before he got married here recently he had had hardly ever set foot in the country, but he still thinks he know best, if he is not having a go at me or he use to have a go at sawatdee him self or the board, now we have the local Mr. Nice guy till he gets behind a Computer screen then turns in the one all mighty put down artist. Computer rage Monster.

If you read my posts, as I know many of you do, from my mail box and thanks for all your kind words, to which your right it would not be of any Interest to the professional complainers here. I try o give informative interesting Information, about Gay Thailand, but have these few constant idiots trying to run down anything I write, if its not the spelling, its the content, but they never put me in ignore for some reason, I wonder why, if you look at there posts, you will soon see how boring they are, very little content, only boring put downs, says a lot more about them, complaining about me, than it dose about me.

If your bored read this story book true stories about gay guys child hood starting to exsperence gay actions in different ways even though some are made up many are true.
http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/

Just wondering... what is up with you having the "gayboythailand" blog in your signature? This makes it look like it's your blog.

Smiles
July 14th, 2009, 04:56
Ajarntrade will be very impressed about the information he gets here in this forum.
He asked for cheap hotel rooms for his friend in Pattaya, and all I can read from the 5th reply is absolutely bullshit and has absolutely nothing to do with the inquiry.
so will you please finish with this, you can open a new subject about your shit, but give the required information to Ajarntrade.
Silly boy. Five replies 'On Topic' is actually a good ratio for a thread of only two pages, and frankly, for this Board of potential horror. When Earwig/LMTU/Bottoms UP/EtcEtcEtc posts his usual crap on any thread it immediately wanders off All-About-Him ... the Mark of The Troll so to speak. It's what he wants, and likes. And gets.
Too bad for the OP in most cases.

Anyway, 'veering off' is a long-lived iconic stamp of his Board (and many others). So suck it up and enjoy.

x in pattaya
July 14th, 2009, 08:46
He asked for cheap hotel rooms for his friend in Pattaya, and all I can read from the 5th reply is absolutely bullshit and has absolutely nothing to do with the inquiry.So suck it up and enjoy.

Yes, while I'm sure impressing Ajarntrade is high on everyone's agenda, he did get some useful information regardless and there have been other threads on accomodation he could search for.

is absolutely bullshit and has absolutely nothing to do with the inquiry.

Possibly you dosed off and alit from the bus at the wrong station. This is SGT, not the Library of Congress Guesthouse Advisory Section. He ought to be impressed he got as many sensible answers as he did.

As a fellow Canadian, I hope some day to also meet Smiles in person.

You may want to open the windows and call the gas company. I suspect you've got a major leak. Don't light any matches and seek fresh air...a few deep breaths and you should come to your senses.

TrongpaiExpat
July 14th, 2009, 12:28

Ajarntraide is not amused. Not any useful information, au contraire you have learned that a certain poster is full of nothing but buffalo shit. That's useful shit to know in my book.

July 14th, 2009, 20:50
I don't put you on ignore because it's far more enjoyable to watch you constantly be banned. And its only a matter of time before you get the boot again. Talk about your bad pennies!! You would think that anyone banned as many times as you, would have gotten the message by now that you are really not welcome here. What a sad and pathetic creature you are. Were you born stupid or did you have to study for it? Or perhaps mommy dropped you as an infant?

Smiles
July 14th, 2009, 21:36
" ... with a few sycophants licking his ass ... "
I wish. :geek:

" ... Considering I write on most of the forums ... "
I think that should read "I'm banned on most of the forums". Every time Earwig/et al shows up with a new handle on Sawatdee it means he was just turfed. Again. :albino:

TrongpaiExpat
July 15th, 2009, 00:22
As much as I try to only give Information that I think will be of use to visitors to Thailand. It is just not possible, while you have just a few about 6 in fact, people who make it their past time to jump in to turn any thread into what they think about any one they are obsessed with at the time.

Its easy just put me on IGNORE any of you who do not like the way I write, then I will not have to constantly answer your bickering replies and insults or defend my previous good character, with your constant lies and untruths.

But I know you cant find the IGNORE Button or you would have no one to Insult to show readers what a clever guy you think you are and life just would not be worth living, if you could not bully another long time poster, would it. poor bored things. Get a life.

Six (6)? So, just who are these dirty half dozen, name them? Then tell us all your names (past and present) on the other forums that you're posting on?

I would put you on ignore but I need all your names please. You post here all your past and present names and you will never hear from me again.