PDA

View Full Version : Doing Thailand by the NET

bucknaway
April 6th, 2006, 10:37
I wonder just how important the internet is to you guys when you plan your trip to Thailand?

Of all the times I have been to Thailand I find that almost everything I do and everyplace I go has an internet connection.

If a go-go bar is not on the net with info and pictures it will take internet advice or word of mouth to get me into the place....

I wonder if some the managers of the bars, hotels, restaurants and massage places realize just how important the internet is for them/us.

When your trip to Thailand is months away and you want to book your hotel, plan your stay and try to figure out where you will go and who you will see, the internet is the go-to source... for me anyway....

Gaypattayan
April 6th, 2006, 14:35
It would be great if someone could get the message through to more of the businesses. The Sunee Plaza page, for instance, offers web presence for virtually nothing -- a very small fee for your own web site, and it doesn't even have to be in Sunee Plaza, with all funds from such sites going to the Thais4Life charity. (See http://www.suneeplaza.com). Numerous other very low cost sites are offered by various services.

I have encouraged various bar owners, restaurant owners and other gay business owners many times to get their own web site, but most will not, almost as if they don't really want people to know about their businesses. Get one up for yourself, or use someone knowledgeable to do it for you -- [NO, I AM NOT IN THE BUSINESS, and don't know how to create a site myself!] -- but every business owner ought to let the public, worldwide, know what is available from their business.

G.P.

April 6th, 2006, 15:54
When your trip is next week the internet is still the place to go. I book my ticket my hotels my car on the net. All the week before. Nothing could be easier and for some reason a lot of places give inter-net rates which are a lot cheaper than rack.
It is common these days. I wonder if we are missing out on all the thousands of establishments that are not on the net ?

I have to say though getting carried away with other peoples suggestions on the net can be a disaster, bearing in mind people have very different ideas. Restaurants in particular and massage suggestions. The "Mango tree" restaurant for example was highly recommended here somewhere, as was the Ambassador hotel for a massage. Both turned out terrible.
The mango tree is a corporate hang out "concept' restaurant that serves up food like its fast food, the chef has long departed and all the food is bog standard common denominator tourist Thai, with a mass produced touch. It is so crowded as to be uncomfortable, waiters dont even have time to make sure you are enjoying what you ordered, and all around is this inane chatter about work and the office coming from black suited european ladies and buisness smart casual gents .
You also cant mess with the menu because they have digitised the menu and cash register,this means you cant hold the morning glory and substitute it with broccoli. This is what success has done to them. Yes there might very well be another in NY and London?? But who cares.

I got a bit carried away by that,but it pays to cross reference as far as possible, in my opinion.

April 6th, 2006, 22:51
you cant hold the morning glory

Nonsense, he really doesn't mind and occassionaly gets over excited.