PDA

View Full Version : Skype Calls

DCbob
July 8th, 2009, 22:06
Maybe I am as dumb as a box of rocks, but I have installed Skype over a year age and have been able to make two phone calls while I was in Thailand back to my bank in the USA. I have plenty of money in the account.
Now I want to call someone in Thailand. I cannot get through to either a land line or to a mobile phone. Both numbers are for Pattaya. I have also tried to call when I am on line to others on line, but to no avail also. But that is not as important as calling the places I want to.
My boy friend gave me his number (0831181111, last 4 digits changed to ones to protect his identity).

Thanks.

DCbob
July 9th, 2009, 00:52
Are the numbers that you are trying to call registered to a Skype account?
The land line is, because it is TwoGuys Guesthouse, the other one probably is not and that would be to the mobile phone.

Would that make a difference?

ceejay
July 9th, 2009, 00:57
It's 3 or 4 years since I used it but as I remember if you are using Skype out (to connect to a landline or mobile number) I think you need to use the International prefix (0066 for Thailand) to get through.

July 9th, 2009, 01:02
I have plenty of money in the account.

I didn't realise you need a lot of money in a bank account to use SKYPE

krobbie
July 9th, 2009, 02:01
I use Skype to call my guy every night skype - skype (computers). If I need to ring him on his mobile which happens on ocassion, I use the prefix 0066 and drop the other 0 before the mobile number. There has never been a problem contacting him. 00668941253XX (last two digits shown as X).

This is our lifeline after two years in. I haven't seen him since Christmas (January) so Skype is very important to us for that reason.

Choc dee,
krobbie

July 9th, 2009, 02:30
Update your Skype software if not current
Check your balance on Skype if you do not make a call in 6 months the account balance expires (goes away)

If your account and balance is active you dial (or click on the country flag in the Skype dialer) or use +66 -831181111

Drop the 0 before the 8

Beachlover
July 9th, 2009, 04:16
That's correct about dropping the "O"

Also make sure you have "Thailand" selected in the country menu (obviously)

DCbob
July 9th, 2009, 06:02
Thanks everyone, with your help I succeeded.
If I chose Thailand it did not work, because it put in too many 66s.
I had to choose United States because I registered it for my use in the United States.
See, we do have a good organization here at this site.
Looking forward to the day when I come back to OUR beloved Thailand.

July 9th, 2009, 08:49
Thanks everyone, with your help I succeeded.
If I chose Thailand it did not work, because it put in too many 66s.
I had to choose United States because I registered it for my use in the United States.
See, we do have a good organization here at this site.
Looking forward to the day when I come back to OUR beloved Thailand.
We cant wait for your return (PUKE)