PDA

View Full Version : Gacuya Go Go (Pattaya)

Surfcrest
April 6th, 2006, 09:39
I've spent considerable time in Pattaya again this year, soaking up the sun and enjoying many of the bars at night.

I though about doing a little review on many of the bars I've been to one I complete more of the tour. I've been able to see many of the places in Sunnee this year, but I don't think I'll say to much about them as this may get close to Sawatdee Rule 2. At least I can cross something else off my list of things I have tried (at least once).

In Pattaya I prefer Boyztown.....but that's just me.

It may be too early to say, not having seen every single place in Boyztown (yet), but I think the place that has the best looking boys has to be Gacuya on Pattayaland Soi 1. That is for boys with a pretty face more so than just a chiseled body. Gacuya is on the corner of Pattayaland 1 that wil bring you over to Pattayaland 2 and the boys they have working on the street are just as goodlooking as the boys on stage. The bar, with a rectangular shape has bench seating on three sides as you enter with couch seating between the stage and the bar. The boys are up pretty high on the stage and they may appear taller than they actually are. I liked the fact that although the staff will wave their arm to present the boys to you over and over, they don't pester you to take a boy, buy them a drink or give them a tip. With mirrios on the elevated stage, they can keep an eye on you without standing in your way in case you have a need.

They seem to have more than one type of boy to choose from and with quite a few that appear obviously gay or not, depending on your preference. The boys all looked pretty clean cut, sporting very few tatoos and scars. I may be wrong but I would assume that they select their staff depending on their look. I recall one night being at Wild West, when two boys still wearing their Gacuya shirts came in and chose two of the prettier boys to off. I haven't been back to Gacuya since to see if these boys are working there now (but I will), but I haven't seen the boys at Wild West anymore from a few visits since.

If you like the pretty face type of boy, perhaps Gacuya is for you.
I certainly liked it.

Surfcrest

April 6th, 2006, 13:08
Is it Gacuya or Cacuya ....? Either way I know which bar you mean. I have been there a few times and last year there was a very friendly captain who was always welcoming and never appeared to be fake. Recently I have visited a few times and perhaps because I have only ordered soda and not taken a boy, I have received less than welcoming attention, with one captain outright sneering in my direction (there was no one sat near me for the target of his attention to be anyone else) and then making a comment to a co-captain, nodding in my direction and laughing. When he came to check my drink he gave me the falsest of smiles through gritted teeth. I have no idea what I had done to deserve all this, but when I asked for the bill I gave no tip and when he several times said 'Krap Kun Kab' and 'see you again', I made like the ignorant other tourists I sometimes see and just ignored him as I walked out.

Because of that one experience I resolved never to go to Cacuya again. They may only lose the odd sale of soda or whiskey now and again, but in my book if you are not made to feel welcome then fuck em', and let as many people as possible know about it.

Oh, and I still think Lucky 777 has more handsome guys.

wowpow
April 6th, 2006, 13:19
I liked this place when new as they had podums (podia to the erudite) dotted around the seats for the boys to go-go dance and chat to customers. This was something novel (pre- Krazy Dragon) and they sometimes had boys with a bit of physique. They did rather insist that you buy a boy a drink if he sits with you and the off fee for a waiter was bt500. The last couple of times there I did not see any boy attractive to me and Bt150 for a Black Label and soda - same as everywhere.

Last night Lucky 777 was packed and has many boys with a couple of very nice indeed ones. Seems thay have a show about 10.30 which I did not catch.

A couple of nights back I did a bar flit around Sunee and Krazy Pub was impressive with some very fit cheeky lads. Other bars I poked my nose into only had puny lads though they may have had lovely faces.

Next along from 777 is a newish bar with red banquettes. I was the only customer and Mr Num was divine, handsome face, sparkling white teeth, long hair, beautiful physique, affectionate, generous appendage and very sexy. So lovely to live in Thailand and dip into these dens of iniquity and find angels.

April 6th, 2006, 13:30
Do you folks have any other pleasures in life, or is bar hopping it? Just curious.

wowpow
April 6th, 2006, 13:50
goodlad, Please tell us the full range of pleasures in your life and maybe someone will respond. Your question could have been put more diplomatically it reads like a sneert ( that is a sneer with a typo but I quite like it) with a 'just curious' tacked on to mollify.

Personally I have shallows yet to be plumbed.

April 6th, 2006, 16:02
But only one vice--And I like my vice...versa. :colors:

April 6th, 2006, 17:20
Gacuya is one of my favorite bars. Great selection of young lads and a very attentive staff. Surfcrest is right, many are gay. Khun Louie runs a nice operation as he did when he had Thai Boy Boy.

I am always impressed when the staff remembers you from the last visit and seats you where you like and knows what you drink.

Jetsam
April 7th, 2006, 03:51
This bar is now #1 on my check out list :cheers:

first visit the girly bars on soi 1 and 2 for cheap beer and than hop in the boy bar for cheap bar fine .

just kidding :clown:

April 7th, 2006, 06:43
Gacuya does have a nice collection of dancers, as it appears to my eye, and is a well-run bar.

Last month it seemed noticably quieter, both in terms of customer and dancer numbers.
I wondered a little if things were going downhill, but hope not.

Waiters are keen to indicate the dancers by a wave of the arm, as Surfcreast observed, but I have not felt pressured there despite generally just going for a drink and a look.
Certainly I have not encountered any staff attitude. Can only speak as I find.
It is one of the best bars, in my opinion. Also keen on Lucky 777.

April 7th, 2006, 20:37
Can it be that bad boy billy / mrsydney has been revived as boygeorge???

April 8th, 2006, 13:36
DELETED

April 8th, 2006, 16:25
The only rules to be followed are
1. Na Poofters
2. na gettin pissed at breaki
3. Na poofters
4. oops thers no rule number4
5. Na poofters.
( A Sketch from Monty Pyphons flying circus)