PDA

View Full Version : Gay Saunas - Plz Explain

July 6th, 2009, 10:46
Hi,

Sorry....I'm not sure if this topic is appropriate for this forum. My questions are sincere, although they may sound naive. Please delete if inappropriate....

I'm so clueless when it comes to my gay side sometimes. I've been to thailand before, and I'm aware about silom road, and the gogo bars, and massage parlors, but I need some help understanding how a gay sauna works....I've never been to one. I started thinking about it when I saw Babylon on a list of "Must go to gay places in Bangkok".

As an example lets say Babylon.....From what I gather it's a resort type building where there are open areas to lounge, and then there's a "dark area" and I guess a sauna where people meet and have sexual encounters. I am right?

Here are my questions....
- Would you say that Babylon is a "positive" place.....I mean other guests and stuff are friendly, and respectful? Are sauna social areas where most people come as a group, or are there more single people?
- What do people wear....in the open lounge area......in the dark area? Do you change before you go into the different areas?
- So your in the "dark area" do people just start fooling around out in the open? Do people just sit around waiting for a partner? This part of the whole sauna idea confuses me the most. How do people start engaging in sexual activity and where?
- How can you trust a stranger with such a delicate activity? Do people talk before they hook up? How do you handle people who are interested in you, but you don't feel the same? Are there aggressive people or people who might touch you without asking?
- How clean is a sauna if there are bottley fluids lying around? Not to sound silly, but are there spray bottles and paper towels around to clean up the mess, or are there paid staff who are in there just to clean?

Thanks

thrillbill
July 6th, 2009, 18:53
Maybe you should go to a "gay sauna" in your home country (if there is one) to get over the FEAR FACTOR---wait, the one in your big city may be one of those small, sleazy dark rooms with the scent of Durex and "yogurt"... I am not a sauna expert, but Babylon would be considered one of the top gay saunas around because 1)the interior of the restaurant, court yard, pool grounds, and gym are designed creatively with $$$; 2) the staff is friendly and helpful; 3) the place is spacious compared with most saunas (not just small cubicles and a small sauna); 4)the locker with a lock comes with towels (2), a packet of lubricant and one propylactic. For the volume of people, it is relatively clean for a Friday or Saturday night.

One does NOT have to go to Babylon for "play", but one can go there to use the gym, have a drink around the pool, eat at the restaurant, mingle with people at the bar and see the floor show on Saturday night (not as good as DJ's). I've been there with my friends just to hang out at the pool, use the gym, and just "people watch". It is up to you if you want to go into the dark, steam sauna (and be groped by someone as if he is checking out a riped melon) or you can walk up stairs to the dark room corridor and check out the eye candy and maybe get lucky. If this is your first gay sauna expereince, then Babylon would be a good, safe start. Of course, common sense is to be used just like any play ground that you may go to.

FYI - After visiting Babylon you most likely won't be happy with the sauna in your hometown.

There is a humorous YOUTUBE video on visiting a gay sauna --check it out.

Beachlover
July 6th, 2009, 19:43
Hi,

Sorry....I'm not sure if this topic is appropriate for this forum. My questions are sincere, although they may sound naive. Please delete if inappropriate....

I'm so clueless when it comes to my gay side sometimes. I've been to thailand before, and I'm aware about silom road, and the gogo bars, and massage parlors, but I need some help understanding how a gay sauna works....I've never been to one. I started thinking about it when I saw Babylon on a list of "Must go to gay places in Bangkok".

As an example lets say Babylon.....From what I gather it's a resort type building where there are open areas to lounge, and then there's a "dark area" and I guess a sauna where people meet and have sexual encounters. I am right?

- Would you say that Babylon is a "positive" place.....I mean other guests and stuff are friendly, and respectful? Are sauna social areas where most people come as a group, or are there more single people?
- What do people wear....in the open lounge area......in the dark area? Do you change before you go into the different areas?
- So your in the "dark area" do people just start fooling around out in the open? Do people just sit around waiting for a partner? This part of the whole sauna idea confuses me the most. How do people start engaging in sexual activity and where?
- How can you trust a stranger with such a delicate activity? Do people talk before they hook up? How do you handle people who are interested in you, but you don't feel the same? Are there aggressive people or people who might touch you without asking?
- How clean is a sauna if there are bottley fluids lying around? Not to sound silly, but are there spray bottles and paper towels around to clean up the mess, or are there paid staff who are in there just to clean?

Thanks

Everyone feels a little nervous the first time they go to one... but really, the best way is to just go and find out for yourself. It's a pretty easy going environment... you can just wonder around watching what others do if you want.

- Babylon seems to be a pretty positive place

- I think most people wear a towel. You get given a towel when you go in. You strip off, shower and wrap the towel around to walk around.

- Usually, you flirt a little, and if you are serious and the chemistry (lust more like it) is right you go to a private room, these are everywhere... for a little privacy. Sometimes stuff happens in the open as well.

- Trust?... How many dates do you normally go on before you get physical?... There is usually not much talk. It's just looks, gestures and um, hand movements.

- If someone makes a pass at you and you don't like them, just ignore it, or politely shake your head. Some will be more aggressive... in this case you just have to be more aggressive in your dismissal.

- Most saunas get cleaned regularly... there's usually a guy going around with a mop all the time.

July 6th, 2009, 20:43
I think most people feel comfortable either way. Single or in a group, it really makes no difference.

-What do people wear....in the open lounge area......in the dark area? Do you change before you go into the different areas?
I think the majority of people wear a towel, but it is not necessary to do so. You will see some around the pool and outside bar area in a swimming suit. Many wear workout clothes in the gym. Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable. You will have a locker so change into whatever outfit suits you.

For the most part, people walk around looking for a hookup. Some hang around the pool, and some hang around the hall of the small hook-up rooms. Usually, if there is eye contact, you might have an interested party. Some make small talk, and some just motion to an empty room. Others go straight to the steam room or dark area and grope. Up to you.

How can you trust a go-go boy with such a delicate activity? Some people do talk before and after hook-ups. Some people just hang around the steam room or dark areas and do what they feel. If you are in the steam room and some one gropes you, just move his hand away and walk on. Other than the steam room and dark room, people are usually not that aggressive. If someone approaches you in the hallway and you are not interested just smile and say no thanks.

I am no expert on saunas, but I find the Babylon is clean. The staff usually does a good job keeping things clean. A roll of toilet paper is in each of the small cubicles but no spray bottles. It is a good idea to wipe down the vinyl mat before starting your activity.

July 6th, 2009, 21:41
- How clean is a sauna if there are bottley fluids lying around?

BOTTLEY FLUIDS ??????

There may be bodily fluids (cum,piss etc) or maybe even some botty fluids (prescribe Immodium for 2-3 days).
Babylon is usually very clean and the cabins are given a wipe down from time to time during the evening.
There are also lots of showers to run to if you do step or roll in anything nasty.

July 7th, 2009, 09:20
Thanks for the notes guys.

I think my biggest hesitation of going is being groped or violated, although I'm guessing it's not a big deal if you make it clear you're not interested. I also don't think I can "perform" without privacy, and while (right after seeing) other people I don't find attractive going at it. Man I sound like a total wuss!!!

Maybe I feel this way because most of my intimate moments involved cuddling, kissing, spooning, massaging, and really connecting with my partner in a warm and private environment, and a sauna seems really raw and open. But I do like the idea of having more "play". I'll have to go and find out for myself.....it could be that saunas aren't my thing.

July 7th, 2009, 09:29
Tenten, what a fussbudget you are!

being groped or violated,
I hope you grasp the little difference!

warm and private environment
Warm it is in the sauna, and private as well. No woman far and wide. Go to the sauna at once! And I will sing a song for you.

July 7th, 2009, 09:44
Tenten, what a fussbudget you are!

being groped or violated,
I hope you grasp the little difference!

warm and private environment
Warm it is in the sauna, and private as well. No woman far and wide. Go to the sauna at once! And I will sing a song for you.

I know the difference.....by violated, I mean the violation of my personal space. To be even more specific I would not want someone i found repulsive and sweaty bear hug me. OK I know.....I'm just coming up with random things now! See what happens when you let your mind wander.

I might actually hold you to your words......get your song ready. :monkey:

July 7th, 2009, 12:48
To be even more specific I would not want someone i found repulsive and sweaty bear hug me.

Don't worry the feeling is mutual... :idea: :idea:

July 7th, 2009, 14:44
To be even more specific I would not want someone i found repulsive and sweaty bear hug me.

Don't worry the feeling is mutual... :idea: :idea:

might be a useful insight into how gogo boys feel

maisoui
July 11th, 2009, 14:42
I don't understand this thread. I thought most people went to Babylon for the Sunday evening Jazz recitals and that it was empty at other times? Well that's what the angelic Somchai tells me when he comes home late from the office every weeknight.

Jani500-old
July 17th, 2009, 04:16
Gay Saunas are very good place for sex :thumbleft: I not visited yet in Babylon, but go many times to Sansuk Sauna at Pattaya and I like it very much.

July 17th, 2009, 15:33
As a farang you don't have to afraid of any unwanted/unwished groping.
The Thai boys are much more a danger of that activity.

I went with my Thai bf once (I know, big mistake), and the poor lad was almost raped in the steam/darkroom by two Japanese guys. I dragged my bf out of the room and he'd had enough....wanted to leave immediately, which we did.

I like gay sauna's because of the simple fact that the atmosphere is relaxed and sort of homey, but some holes of an *ss are really able to spoil things for the rest of the guests.
I just don't understand, why it is that certain people start to behave like animals (read: dogs) and feel like messing around with other guests in a venue. Sometimes I really feel ashamed to be gay.

July 18th, 2009, 09:10
As a farang you don't have to afraid of any unwanted/unwished groping.
The Thai boys are much more a danger of that activity.

I went with my Thai bf once (I know, big mistake), and the poor lad was almost raped in the steam/darkroom by two Japanese guys. I dragged my bf out of the room and he'd had enough....wanted to leave immediately, which we did.

I like gay sauna's because of the simple fact that the atmosphere is relaxed and sort of homey, but some holes of an *ss are really able to spoil things for the rest of the guests.
I just don't understand, why it is that certain people start to behave like animals (read: dogs) and feel like messing around with other guests in a venue. Sometimes I really feel ashamed to be gay.

:pale: I happen to be asian, and look kinda like Beachlover's avatar only more muscular :rr: ...Being groped is my biggest reluctance for not wanting to try a sauna. At my gym I've had older guys rub themselves in front of me, but touching me without my permission would bother me. I guess I feel extremely vulnerable even when I'm only near nude.

Off-topic: Has anyone been to Babylon and not found anyone attractive? Can i ask what the average age is on Saturday night at Babylon?

Can anyone give me the character profiles you found at babylon? Just for fun.
Example. Here's a character profile of my gay gym.
- 50% 20ish-30ish (age) fit males who come do their workout and leave. Usually dressed in expensive workout clothes, particularly lululemon.
- 25% 20ish males average fit who come to socialize and workout half-heartedly. These are usually students and friends of the fit males who just tag along.
- 10% 60ish who come to only use the woolpool and steam room and LOVE to walk around the change room fully nude.
- 10% 40ish professionals who just want to maintain their fitness level, 50% are gay, but these people only picked this gym because of proximity to thier work.
- 5% 30ish females who come to do cardio, and the workout classes.

July 18th, 2009, 10:28
If you're Asian, there are much better saunas to go to then Babylon -- where you'll mostly find aged farangs and the worn out Thais who cling to them. It is not a pretty sight.

July 18th, 2009, 21:56
If you're Asian, there are much better saunas to go to then Babylon -- where you'll mostly find aged farangs and the worn out Thais who cling to them. It is not a pretty sight.

So where are these better saunas?

July 18th, 2009, 22:04

So where are these better saunas?

All over the place...literally.

If you want to stick to the Silom area, try Sauna Mania. Or Chakran, near Aree BTS. For a sleazier atmosphere, 39 Underground or Farose I near Saphan Kwai BTS, or Farose II or Muffil in the Ramkhamhaeng/Ladprao area.

July 18th, 2009, 23:25
Tenten, you are very sweet! Hurry up and go to this sauna as soon as possible:

Chakran

Open: 15:00 - 23:00 Daily
Skytrain: Ari

Babylon's main competition, Chakran is known for its luxurious interior and well-equipped multi-story sauna complex with indoor pool, jacuzzi, spa and steam room, gym, mini theatre, caf├й, cruising corridors, karaoke areas and other facilities. Particularly popular with Thais and Asian tourists. Admission is 230 baht Monday to Thursday, 250 baht Friday to Sunday.

Just enter and enjoy the deck chairs and some drinks. Nobody will rape you. Then go home. And come back with more courage!

catawampuscat
July 21st, 2009, 05:45
There are Western men who visit saunas like Babylon, who aren't attracted to or interested in Asian men..
Some are in BKK on business or for other reasons not related to
Thai boys..

I recall the eerie feeling of being stared at by a couple of different farang men
and wondered why they were looking at me.. Trust me, I was several decades
past my prime and many kilos overweight as well. When one brushed by and actually
groped, I jumped back and was appalled.. He was age appropriate and the last
man I would consider and it amazed me that he would hit on a middle aged, over the
hill man, with so many hot young Asians men around.
Another time a far less repulsive farang was very friendly and he told me that he wasn't into Asian men at all and preferred older farangs.. I was suprised and
somewhat flattered but I was looking for Asian guys and passed..

I do beleive a younger in-shape farang guy would get hit on by much older farangs and
would have to make his disinterest (disgust) clear to some of the more aggressive silver-daddies types.. just my humble opinion.
:cat:

yedo111
July 22nd, 2009, 12:35
I do beleive a younger in-shape farang guy would get hit on by much older farangs and
would have to make his disinterest (disgust) clear to some of the more aggressive silver-daddies types.. just my humble opinion.
--------------------------

OK then I have to stay away from Babylon then since Im in-shape, and only interested in smooth thai boys.

thrillbill
July 22nd, 2009, 14:54
Everyone has their own perspective on saunas, but if I was a bit insecure about going to my first sauna, I would go to a larger one such as Babylon or Chakran Sauna than the smaller ones (such as Gay Sorn, or Sauna Mania). It is a matter if you are into "potatoes" or rice. Definately Babylon will have farangs of all ages, shapes, and sizes. Go there on a weekend night and there will be the muscle Marrys from Singapore and Hongkong. If you are into Asians, then go straight to Chakran, it is mostlyh sticky rice there. The younger you are; the more "smiles" you will get.

My Thai BF and I have been approached at Babylon by some "undesirables" (and we are no spring roosters but in good shape) ...you just have to say no- Not a Big Deal. My Thai BF complains about being groped once in awhile when sitting alone at Babylon (he's the muscular type) and I tell him to be worried when the guys STOP groping him...then it is a sign that he is no longer handsome.

Basically gay saunas are for gay horney men to have some "play" without a commitment. It is that easy. No "I love you's" or "I've fallen in love with you" crap. (...of course there are a few skinny fem Thais running around pawing every farang that enters the place saying such ridiculous things.)

July 22nd, 2009, 15:04
One of the first Thai phrases I mastered on arriving in Thailand as a young pup was, "grope me one more time and I"ll break your fucking arm". This was only used, naturally, after politely pushing their hand away at least twice.

catawampuscat
July 23rd, 2009, 02:29
I know farangs are grossed out by much older, fatter or plain old ugly men hitting on them. I think
the come on/ groping is somehow insulting, as if someone would be interested in having sex with their
grandfather's bald queer friend. While I believe (guess, really) that most gay Thai men are not interested
in men 50 years their senior, they aren't grossed out or insulted by the attempts..Perhaps it has to do with
respect for their elders, much less aversion to fatness in general, or just acceptance of what will be will be..

I wouldn't be afraid to visit a place like Babylon if I were a young hot farang.. Just push the hand away and
say no thanks.. If you meet a very aggressive ugly farang (of any age or weight) just make it clear that you
are not interested. They know they are repulsive and have been given the same treatment many times before
but keep on trying because sometimes they get lucky..
What happens in the dark is another story.. Stay out of those areas if you are adverse to gum jobs or
meeting one of granddaddies contemporary. On the other hand, you might miss a world class blow job and
never know who the pro was. BAth houses are an experience that should not be missed out of fear in my humble
opinion anyway.. :cat:

Jani500-old
July 23rd, 2009, 06:36
I like meet much older farang guys in sauna and groping by them and others is ok too :cyclopsani:
I'm 29 years old farang.