PDA

View Full Version : Pharmacy Choice

sattahip-old
April 6th, 2006, 09:23
A word for the wise, shop around when buying your medication.
I have been using Foodland based pharmacy for many years, partly out of habit but also because I thought I had a fair relationship with small discounts.
How wrong can you be. I have to take Plavix a blood thinner and Lipitor an anti-cholesterol drug. Both are expensive.
This week out as I had seen a mention of Fascino on Thanon Pattaya Nua somewhere I went to compare prices;
Plavix 14 tablets Foodland B1700 Fascino B1330
Lipitor 10 tablets Foodland B900 Fascino B660
On top of that Fascino enrolled me on the spot in their freguent customer programme and gave me a 5% discount straight away.
I feel like a goose having been paying over the odds probably for years.

cottmann
April 6th, 2006, 09:33
A word for the wise, shop around when buying your medication...I feel like a goose having been paying over the odds probably for years.

You might save even more if there are generic alternatives available. I use a generic anti-hypertension at around 300 baht for 100 as opposed to around 1000 baht for 30 of the name brand, which is a significant saving, and there is no difference in the effectiveness of the generic medication.

wowpow
April 7th, 2006, 17:29
I dropped in there today - it's just next to City Hall, on North Pattaya Road, in a large swish new building. Some things on general display were a tad more expensive than the supermarkets so I went to the Dispensary not expecting too much. I asked for Salofalk and they had it in stock which surprised me. I checked and when I was first prescribed these by the Bumrungrad I paid Bt174 each. Since then I got them from Boots on special order and the price was Bt95 and it increased a bit. At Facino I paid Bt40 for the exact same thing. My Quinine Sulphate tablets are half the previous price 6 baht down to 3 bahr and Thai edition Clarityn is Bt28 for 10.

Error - sorry the Salofalk medicines were different - same effect but designed for different orifices.

April 7th, 2006, 21:59
MATE ,A word of advice,and take it from me,why you takin all that medication.Get off your fat bum and go do some execercise everyday.You dont need to take this stuff everyday.
Now get off your big fat bum which i will myself maybe next Monday,but start exercising and stop taking the tablets.
That is stupid advise if a doctor advised the meds.
Cholestorol drugs are usually given after diet and exercise programs don't work.
Also, a large percentage of people have genetic high chol and there is nothing they could do anyway.
If someone is already on meds and wants to stop them, they need to work with a doctor, not just stop taking them.

Jetsam
April 7th, 2006, 22:46
MATE ,A word of advice,and take it from me,why you takin all that medication.Get off your fat bum and go do some execercise everyday.You dont need to take this stuff everyday.
Now get off your big fat bum which i will myself maybe next Monday,but start exercising and stop taking the tablets.
That is stupid advise if a doctor advised the meds.
Cholestorol drugs are usually given after diet and exercise programs don't work.
Also, a large percentage of people have genetic high chol and there is nothing they could do anyway.
If someone is already on meds and wants to stop them, they need to work with a doctor, not just stop taking them.

may I requote this line from the Genius one :drunken:

Thaiquila, you are responding to a TROLL post. This is someone who gets his jollies tapping on the aquarium window and seeing fish like you shit themselves. Please don't bother.

wowpow
April 8th, 2006, 08:16
"Boots Thailand plans to open 40 new stores
Bangkok Post -PITSINEE JITPLEECHEEP

Boots, a British retailer of health and personal-care products, plans to open 20 new outlets in Thailand this fiscal year, starting this month and ending in March 2007. Another 20 stores or more would open over the company's next fiscal year, according to Ian Hunter, new managing director of Boots Retail (Thailand) Ltd, a subsidiary of Boots in the UK.

''Our parent firm has continuously invested and expanded business in Thailand because it is the biggest market for Boots International,'' Mr Hunter said.

He said that if the business plan could be achieved, the total number of Boots outlets in the Thai market would reach 138, up from the 98 recorded for the 2005 fiscal year that ended in March 2006.

Most of the new outlets will be in Bangkok, with products aimed at women over age 25.

The company projected that investment per store would be between three million and five million baht for outlets with retail space of between 70 and 100 square metres.

The company has opened six new stores since January: four in Bangkok and one each in Koh Samui and Hua Hin. It will open its 100th outlet at the Q House Building Lumpini in May.

Apart from outlet expansion, Boots' parent firm plans to support its Thai operation with an IT system and new Boots brands. By the end of 2006, more than 400 items will have been introduced to Boots shops...."

Guys don't forget the IGNORE button is still available.