PDA

View Full Version : Online chat with you Thai Friends >>> IN THAI!!!!

jvt22222
July 5th, 2009, 13:39
I just came across this web site which claims that you can chat online with immediate translations from the language you type in to other languages ...... Thai is included in the list.

http://www.babelwith.me/

BabelWith.me is a real time chat translation app that lets you instantly communicate in multiple languages (up to 45). It automatically translates every message you type in into the language selected by the receiver in real time. Now you could enjoy real-time conversations with friends without language barriers. Just enter your name, language and start the conversation.

No sign up or installation required. Invite friends by sharing the special URL for your chat via email, Twitter, or Facebook. All translations are powered by Google Translator.

Said to have the following features:

Features :

* Real time chat translation service.
* Receive messages in any language you want.
* Removes language barrier. Talk to anyone who doesnтАЩt know your language.
* No sign up or installation required.
* Invite friends by sharing your chat URL.
* Similar tool: MeGlobe.

Since I don't have anybody to chant with (boohoo), maybe some of our members can give it a try to see if it works.

July 6th, 2009, 14:16
I have received a few emails from boys who used the Google translation system. When I got the first one, not realizing that it was an automatic translation product, I figured the boy was drunk or on yaabaa when he wrote it. I was able to understand other emails of this type only because I knew the context and could guess what the boys were trying to say. I suspect if I wrote in English and it was translated into Thai by Google, the boys would find it quite impossible to guess what I was saying.