PDA

View Full Version : Barber in Pattaya

adman5000
July 5th, 2009, 08:59
I recall some years ago posters saying there was a good young barber in Pattaya who was very reasonably priced. Is he still in business and where is he located? I think his name was Odd or something similar. thanks

July 5th, 2009, 09:36
Odd has unfortunately closed down, but there are still quite a few decent barbers within the area.

colmx
July 5th, 2009, 09:38
Odds barber shop used to be located opposite Little Mango Restaurant on Soi VC
It is now closed and i believe its now a laundry shop?

July 5th, 2009, 10:04
I recall some years ago posters saying there was a good young barber in Pattaya who was very reasonably priced. Is he still in business and where is he located? I think his name was Odd or something similar. thanks
Odd and some of the barber's that worked in his shop, moved on to Jaeb Barber shop on the next soi. Odd is one of about four or five barbers that work in the shop. Last time I was in, I had a very nice haircut for 60 baht.

donald1
July 5th, 2009, 18:11
what a timely post. I have been walking the past 3 nights looking for that barbershop and have gotten lost each night in hot humid weather.
Could someone be kind enough to give me directions how to walk there from some well known point? Thanks

July 5th, 2009, 23:48
If walking away from the beach right after you reach the former Odd's you reach the end of Soi VC, make a left and in a few feet you come to a soi whuch some call Soi 16 and some call Soi 17 (the name may actually change at that very point).

Make a left and a quick then a right at the pharmacy. That soi has a least 3 barbers. One of them might be Jeab's, not sure. All those shops are 60 baht.

July 6th, 2009, 01:35
If walking away from the beach right after you reach the former Odd's you reach the end of Soi VC, make a left and in a few feet you come to a soi whuch some call Soi 16 and some call Soi 17 (the name may actually change at that very point).

Make a left and a quick then a right at the pharmacy. That soi has a least 3 barbers. One of them might be Jeab's, not sure. All those shops are 60 baht.

Jaeb (maybe Jeab's?) is located close to Odd's old barber shop but on Soi 16? (some call soi 17). Take the above directions and turn right instead of left. On the corner of this intersection is a small electronic repair shop and next to that is a good sized internet shop. Directly across the street from the internet shop, you will find Jaeb's. Odd is not always present, but the other barbers are competent, as well.

July 6th, 2009, 22:07
As well, Soi Buakhao within walking distance of the R-Con, they have the best hot shave I've ever gotten in my life. I could go in there get a shave once a week and not have stubble till I returned again. These guys really do take pride in their work, and are quite skilled. 70/70 for a haircut and shave were the last rates I had seen. Much cheaper then buying disposable razors every week for me.

francois
July 7th, 2009, 00:28
[quote="up2me?"
. Odd is not always present, but the other barbers are competent, as well.[/quote]

By chance I did walk by Jaebs and did go in but busy and most of the barbers seemed to be ladies. It seemed they did good work on the Thai customers. So walked on to an empty shop and asked for a 2 1/2 buzz. The barber misunderstood and gave me a 1/2 buzz. Call me baldy!

kodiak
July 7th, 2009, 05:51
There was a small Hair Salon right next to Howards Guest house......and i got my hair cut there very reasonable...and they did a very good job.........I was happy

And one of the little cuties who worked there.....i met at Howards....he had been begging me to take him to my room...and so i finally gave in and it was free he asked for no money.... but i gave him a few hundred Baht anyways..and he was happy..!!

July 7th, 2009, 06:02
By chance I did walk by Jaebs and did go in but busy and most of the barbers seemed to be ladies. It seemed they did good work on the Thai customers. So walked on to an empty shop and asked for a 2 1/2 buzz. The barber misunderstood and gave me a 1/2 buzz. Call me baldy!

That's the type of problem I had @ another barbers shop nearer to the beach. Cheap haircuts on holiday are fine until they misunderstand my instructions & dish out a regulation Thai 50 year old haircut haircut.
I recall a colleague taking a laptop along to the barbers in another Asian country, so he could show then the required style of haircut.
Question is: Which barber shops understand the Farang customer?

July 7th, 2009, 09:18
There was a small Hair Salon right next to Howards Guest house......and i got my hair cut there very reasonable...and they did a very good job.........I was happy

And one of the little cuties who worked there.....i met at Howards....he had been begging me to take him to my room...and so i finally gave in and it was free he asked for no money.... but i gave him a few hundred Baht anyways..and he was happy..!!

Then the nurse woke you up, wiped your ass and the dribble on your chin and fed you your dinner.......

thrillbill
July 7th, 2009, 09:42
Locating good barbers or "hair salons" are a big challenge for those who demand a particular hair cut/style in Pattaya... Maybe I am bias, but most of the women "hair stylists" in the small soi shops are worthless. Many times I ask to see their certificate and they cannot show one and the ones that have attended a coiffure school, the certificate comes from some ma and pa hair stylist academy.???? The instant give away to me when to jump out of the barbershop/hair salon is when instantly the person cutting my hair pulls out the electric clippers and start mowing away with my hair.... (a professional will use scissors along with electric clippers.) So it is helpful to share the location of a good barber/hair stylist...

Because of the location, I just go to the 4th floor of the new Central Shopping Center and go to the L'Oreal Salon and specifically ask for the young fellow named "Lucky". For those who demand a particular hair style, he knows what cutting techniques to apply. (He does not work on Wednesdays.) But this place charges 300 baht, but I'd rather pay the price knowing what to expect from him than to go for the "unexpected with a 60 or 300 baht haircut).

BANGKOK The BEST place of all is a old fashion barbershop that is down from Silom Complex (across from the Saladang Station). Walking along the rickety, narrow sidewalk towards Rama IV from Silom Comlex you look for a red Interent sign and you go up some steep steps to a second level where the internet cafe and barbershop (with 4 barbers) . Despite the location, these middle-aged barbers (not fly by the night rookies) have a steady cliental of customers, mostly farangs. They take their job seriously and will even shave around your neck and remove the "monkey hair" from you ears. 150 baht

July 7th, 2009, 09:56
Locating good barbers or "hair salons" are a big challenge for those who demand a particular hair cut/style in Pattaya... Maybe I am bias, but most of the women "hair stylists" in the small soi shops are worthless. Many times I ask to see their certificate and they cannot show one and the ones that have attended a coiffure school, the certificate comes from some ma and pa hair stylist academy.???? The instant give away to me when to jump out of the barbershop/hair salon is when instantly the person cutting my hair pulls out the electric clippers and start mowing away with my hair.... (a professional will use scissors along with electric clippers.) So it is helpful to share the location of a good barber/hair stylist...

Because of the location, I just go to the 4th floor of the new Central Shopping Center and go to the L'Oreal Salon and specifically ask for the young fellow named "Lucky". For those who demand a particular hair style, he knows what cutting techniques to apply. (He does not work on Wednesdays.) But this place charges 300 baht, but I'd rather pay the price knowing what to expect from him than to go for the "unexpected with a 60 or 300 baht haircut).

BANGKOK The BEST place of all is a old fashion barbershop that is down from Silom Complex (across from the Saladang Station). Walking along the rickety, narrow sidewalk towards Rama IV from Silom Comlex you look for a red Interent sign and you go up some steep steps to a second level where the internet cafe and barbershop (with 4 barbers) . Despite the location, these middle-aged barbers (not fly by the night rookies) have a steady cliental of customers, mostly farangs. They take their job seriously and will even shave around your neck and remove the "monkey hair" from you ears. 150 baht

And some nasty bitch in Sunee Plaza told me you sent one hairpiece off each week to have it done......

July 7th, 2009, 10:14
....Then the nurse woke you up, wiped your ass and the dribble on your chin and fed you your dinner.......

Great, just what we need on the board...another new troll with his head up his a$$.

Well, that ought to liven things up a bit during low season..... :alien:

July 7th, 2009, 10:20
....Then the nurse woke you up, wiped your ass and the dribble on your chin and fed you your dinner.......

Great, just what we need on the board...another new troll with his head up his a$$.

And who's your B/F with while your in Frisco......We all know ...xxx

July 7th, 2009, 10:30
....And who's your B/F with while your in Frisco......We all know ...xxx

Well I dunno. She said she was with a "stupid Farang with a small dick who couldn't get it up".

Are you sure she's not with you???? :gy:

x in pattaya
July 7th, 2009, 10:41

I go to Soi Raan-dtat-pom, formerly known as Soi Hollywood where about half the shops are barbers. I go to the first one off Pattaya Tai Rd, the one with air conditionning. There are usually 2 or 3 barbers there. If they are not barbering they usually stretch out on the padded bench and try to recover from whatever it was they were up to last night. They wake up fairly easily.

I think they speak Isaarn, a bit of Thai and sometimes a few words of English. Sometimes they ask "short?" or maybe "sarn, mai?" Mostly they don't ask. It pretty much always comes out the same anyway ... shorter than it was when I walked in. Some of the barbers are sexy, some are not. They charge B 60, but I always give B 100 since I am a firm believer in the dual pricing system because it drives some farang up a wall.

One time I went over to a beauty shop behind TukCom, I think it's called Star. The sign said they did "man or lady." All the barbers were ladyboys or ladyboy-wannabees. The haircut was OK, but being alone in a room full of ladyboys holding sharp instruments made me feel uneasy. My hair still looked pretty much the same, only shorter than it had been an hour earlier.

The next time I went back to Soi Raan-dtat-pom and woke up someone who cut my hair without mincing about.

Personal observation with no statistical back-up: Most people who carry on at length about seeking out a hair stylist & who pay silly amounts to be styled should invest in an unwarped mirror instead.

http://goodbadandugly2.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/mirror1.jpg

July 7th, 2009, 10:42
....And who's your B/F with while your in Frisco......We all know ...xxx

Well I dunno. She said she was with a "stupid Farang with a small dick who couldn't get it up".

Are you sure she's not with you???? :gy:
I take it you can't cope with a real man then......does she wear ladies panties for you LOL

July 7th, 2009, 11:14
......does she wear ladies panties for you LOL

Yeah, and a cute little schoolgirl dress too!

Don't be jealous honey.
If you really need it we can get you some panties ... and a nice dress too. I'm sure it would make you feel a lot better about yourself. :flower:

July 7th, 2009, 11:36
......does she wear ladies panties for you LOL

Yeah, and a cute little schoolgirl dress too!

Don't be jealous honey.
If you really need it we can get you some panties ... and a nice dress too. I'm sure it would make you feel a lot better about yourself. :flower:
If i wanted a drag queen I could fuck madam Jim and the Dolly Sisters 4 Free

thrillbill
July 7th, 2009, 11:43

and Andyinoz's comment: "And some nasty bitch in Sunee Plaza told me you sent one hairpiece off each week to have it done......" makes me believe he is another mental case on this forum that is having a boring visit in LOS;for, his comment does not have any substance. I agree, a new troll.

TrongpaiExpat
July 7th, 2009, 11:54
I agree, a new troll.

Or, an old troll with a new name. BBB is out and loose in Jomtiem now. I spotted him twice and that's twice too many.

adman5000
July 7th, 2009, 19:06
For Bangkok, I used the same barbers as noted, along Silom. The guys I have used speak very good English, one older guy used to work in a hotel and worked with US soldiers during the VN war. Their haircut is neat and consistent. They also understand any specific instructions on style of haircut. They remember me each time I visit so few instructions are needed.