View Full Version : DusitD2 Pattaya

thrillbill
July 2nd, 2009, 18:30
I have read an article about the Splash Bar at the Dusit D2 having "gay" events on Friday nights. Has anyone been there to check it out? Is it just a trendy bar or are there other activities/events/shows that makes it worth going there?

Also, what time are the shows at the Venue on weekends?Thanks

Beachlover
July 2nd, 2009, 20:44
Check out the bar webpage on their website... they have special nights and with one of the nights it doesn't say anything about gay men, but the poster for it has a big hunky guy with abs lol.

This hotel does look pretty amazing... especially the top room with the huge jacuzzi beside the bed. Good value for $300/night considering you get this wow factor... while at other places you don't get anything majorly special paying the same amount.

thrillbill
July 2nd, 2009, 22:15
---Beachlover's comment reminds me of a new trendy hotel I stayed at in BKK last week, Siam@Siam Design Hotel. It is NOT a typical 4 star hotel like the Hilton or another international chain...I guess you could safely use the word "boutique" hotel. If you are into new innovative interior designs, this is the place to visit/stay. It has a great roof top restaurant/bar that is worth going to with friends (beautiful view of the city). Great location... close to the Skytrain, across from the National Stadium. The rooms were running around $130 but on Agoda, you can get it for around $90 a night. Nothing else, go there for a drink.

July 3rd, 2009, 05:34
You can see a You Tube video of the hotel here: dusitD2 baraquda pattaya (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWtQ0Oh9E_M) and it looks very nice.
My only question is: Why does the 'Guru' General Manager have a pipe cleaner stuck on his chin?

There is also a You Tube of the Deep Splash Bar and its party (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SISJJRPNG8&feature=related) but most of it is so dark that it's pointless to watch.

Beachlover
July 3rd, 2009, 06:14
I wish the "Guru" hadn't taken all the camera attention. The PR/events manager boy is cute lol.

The Friday Night Deep Splash thing looks cool.

That Suite with the upstairs/downstairs with the jacuzzi looks awesome. I want an apartment like that lol.

Beachlover
July 3rd, 2009, 06:15
---Beachlover's comment reminds me of a new trendy hotel I stayed at in BKK last week, Siam@Siam Design Hotel. It is NOT a typical 4 star hotel like the Hilton or another international chain...I guess you could safely use the word "boutique" hotel. If you are into new innovative interior designs, this is the place to visit/stay. It has a great roof top restaurant/bar that is worth going to with friends (beautiful view of the city). Great location... close to the Skytrain, across from the National Stadium. The rooms were running around $130 but on Agoda, you can get it for around $90 a night. Nothing else, go there for a drink.

I look at the website... yeah, the place looks awesome. I might check out the roof bar sometime.

blueboy
July 3rd, 2009, 09:08
I was there 2 weeks ago for their Friday gay party. The bar looks amazing, very hip. 6 dancers dis a show at about 10:30 and then every 30 mins, quite sexy. I would like to go to their body painting nights.
Pretty nice place to go, drinks at around 200 Baht.

Beachlover
July 3rd, 2009, 11:14
Cool.

What are body painting nights?

July 3rd, 2009, 12:02
Cool.

What are body painting nights?

Gee, I dunno. Maybe nights where they have body painting?

blueboy
July 3rd, 2009, 19:20
I have been told that all the dancers are in colourful bikinis and guests are given paint to smear all over them.
Sounds like more fun than most things in Pattaya.