PDA

View Full Version : FATTMAN

giggsy
June 29th, 2009, 02:45
whats happened to FATTMAN and all his posts. Both seemed to be missing ?

Smiles
June 29th, 2009, 04:57
You're right. There is a handle 'Fatman41' in the Member List, but his last post was in 2007. Not sure if it was the same person, but I assume so.
The 'Fatman' handle has disappeared, taking with it all memory. (Was it 'Fattman' or 'Fatman'?)

It wouldn't be unusual for someone to go missing for weeks on end (in transit ... on holiday ... taking time off from this cesspool). But to delete all one's posts is a huge job to get done (and he was very prolific) without asking for the help of the Admin or Moderator.
Damn, I'll miss him.

giggsy
June 29th, 2009, 05:55
just checked my PM's to him it was definately fattman

no homi no george and now no fattman he seemed to stop posting the same time as mick was taken to hospital.. any connection ?

June 29th, 2009, 05:56
His handle was Fattman and in a recent thread, "Booking at Babylon", the only remnants of him and his posts are those where he was quoted by another member.

booking-at-babylon-t17776.html?hilit=fattman#p179481 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/booking-at-babylon-t17776.html?hilit=fattman#p179481)

Babylon believe they are something special and behave accordingly. Anyway, they're not in a very convenient location hotelwise. As saunas go, Chakran is far better.

They are fully booked now, must be something special. They are also in the process of some room renovations, some new fancy rooms and that might be the reason for not getting a reply.

I disagree with it being an inconvenient location. There are motobikes stationed at the door always and for 20B your taken to MRT Lumpini. It's a short walk to many excellent restaurants and 50B taxi to the bars on Silom/Twilight. The hotel is very popular with Asian Tourists.

The status on another thread that he started shows it's been deleted but can still be views minus his opening post.

Pity, I enjoyed his material.

elephantspike
June 29th, 2009, 06:18
He asked to be deleted with all his posts a few weeks ago.

Marsilius
June 30th, 2009, 21:44
Given that he was using a pseudonym, I cannot for the life of me work out the logic of wanting all his posts to be removed... Any ideas?

June 30th, 2009, 22:58
Given that he was using a pseudonym, I cannot for the life of me work out the logic of wanting all his posts to be removed... Any ideas?

The only reason I can imagine is if, after a suitable interval, one intended to return and deny making them. Weird.

The last time I recall Fattman posting was at the end of May in the "Words of wisdom for a newbie" thread where we crossed swords quite strongly over what I considered to be his unnecessarily disparaging remarks over working Thais and those who associated with them, and his repeated assertion that his own relationship and sexual encounters were somehow superior ("I've never been asked for money, and I rarely visit places like Silom or Pattaya. Move in a different world, and you meet different people" etc, etc). Amongst other things he went on to state that what I had previously taken to be his "informed" position was based on other forums, the internet and meeting other farangs in bars rather than any personal experience, which I found a rather surprising admission in the light o some of his previous posts.

If he has departed because of anything I said in that particular thread it is a little short-sighted and rather sad, since I had "previously described him here as "Intelligent, knowledgeable, reasonable, reasoned and a "nice guy"" on more than one occasion. Maybe he has simply decided to confine himself to his "different world" (wherever or whatever it may be).

Giggsy,
I am 100% sure there is no connection whatsoever with Mick, who posted news on Le Caf├й here occasionally under his own name.

giggsy
July 1st, 2009, 01:09
"previously described him here as "Intelligent, knowledgeable, reasonable, reasoned and a "nice guy""

absolutely correct GF he was one (if not the) nicest blokes posting on SGT. Now you mention his last 2 post I thought at the time that he sounded a bit "say" rude for fattman and i wondered if someone else was posting in his name. perhaps he had some bad news or someone finally riled him but it was very un-fattman like.
Whatever the reason i hope he returns under a different name as i think we will all miss his knowledgeable postings.

Khor tose
July 1st, 2009, 07:11
"previously described him here as "Intelligent, knowledgeable, reasonable, reasoned and a "nice guy""
absolutely correct GF he was one (if not the) nicest blokes posting on SGT. Now you mention his last 2 post I thought at the time that he sounded a bit "say" rude for fattman and i wondered if someone else was posting in his name. perhaps he had some bad news or someone finally riled him but it was very un-fattman like.
Whatever the reason i hope he returns under a different name as i think we will all miss his knowledgeable postings.

I know I will miss his post, as he is one of the board members I would like to meet one day.

July 2nd, 2009, 02:44
[color=#0000BF] Now you mention his last 2 post I thought at the time that he sounded a bit "say" rude for fattman and i wondered if someone else was posting in his name. perhaps he had some bad news or someone finally riled him but it was very un-fattman like.

Ditto, giggsy, hence my final comment there "I am, genuinely, disappointed by your recent posts." Weird.

Brad the Impala
July 2nd, 2009, 16:03
Sounds like another one that you have driven from the board GF, but of course the problem was his short sightedness, not your belligerence.

MiniMee
July 2nd, 2009, 19:51
My guess would be that his disappearance has less to do with a trivial tiff with the self-important resident pedant, but more to do with severing all links to a recently incarcerated ex-forum member, fearing visits from the BiB.

Anyway, his contributions to the board will be sadly missed.

TrongpaiExpat
July 4th, 2009, 12:12
The time honored way to leave this forum is in a dramatic screaming hissy fit. Then return with a new name in a few months. Fatman may not be really gay.

Then there's other that moved over to one of the more friendly forums and made themselves at home.

Wesley
July 5th, 2009, 03:34
My guess would be that his disappearance has less to do with a trivial tiff with the self-important resident pedant, but more to do with severing all links to a recently incarcerated ex-forum member, fearing visits from the BiB.

Anyway, his contributions to the board will be sadly missed.

I would think he is not the only one who, for any given reason, may want some distance from some practitioners here on the forum for one reason or another. It is not my usual course to run from problems , but occasionally caution takes over my usual lack of reason. However, if it was for that reason, I cannot fault him in that matter.

Wes

July 5th, 2009, 11:39
He is seriously ill with osteoporosis and has gone back to Dublin.

Smiles
July 5th, 2009, 21:10
He is seriously ill with osteoporosis and has gone back to Dublin.
In that case, any reason why he would bother to ask the Mods to delete every post he wrote on this Board?
I wish him all the best if this is the truth, but frankly, I don't believe you.

July 5th, 2009, 21:24
He is the only one who can say why he did that. You can believe what you like but he's in Dublin right now.

July 5th, 2009, 22:15

Despite Mad Brad the Liar's view, which, is hardly borne out by my posts about Fatts and his/my PMs, your guess is equally hard to understand - how could his posting here, anonymously, possibly constitute a "link" to the individal in question which could lead to a visit from the BIB?

Smiles
July 5th, 2009, 22:24
He is the only one who can say why he did that. You can believe what you like but he's in Dublin right now.
Could you ask him why? Simple enough question really ... not the end of the world, but would be enlightening.

giggsy
July 6th, 2009, 03:10
This was one of the last things that Fattman sent me in PM .. enjoy

[youtube:33wyj6ua]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGldFKsPGB4[/youtube:33wyj6ua]

TrongpaiExpat
July 6th, 2009, 21:26
Why is it every time an established poster mysteriously disappears some new first time poster pops up with all the answers and then he disappears too?

There was another poster who would self vanish every now and then and go back and delete each one of his posts. I forgot his name but he did it more than once.

Smiles
July 6th, 2009, 22:22
Why is it every time an established poster mysteriously disappears some new first time poster pops up with all the answers and then he disappears too?
There was another poster who would self vanish every now and then and go back and delete each one of his posts. I forgot his name but he did it more than once.
'mauRICE' went through that strange disappearing-wipe-away-all-evidence schtick at least twice on Sawatdee and I think once on PattayaGay. A guy named 'JingThing' did the same on Baht-Stop.
Very odd behavior ... I can understand leaving a Board for good, but destroying all posts ~ as if they were all-important ~ seems weirdly neurotic.
'Neurotic' however is the last characteristic I would have thought of Fattman possessing.

July 7th, 2009, 06:31
I can understand leaving a Board for good, but destroying all posts ~ as if they were all-important ~ seems weirdly neurotic.
All posts destroyed? Then it follows that they were all-important for the poster. Wrong. Are the posts all-important for the poster? Then it follows that the poster is neurotic. Wrong. Smiles does not understand the behaviour of a person? Then the person must be neurotic. Interesting. Tolerance still a foreign word? Without logging in from time to time the poster will not have access to his account in the future. He is well advised to delete his posts as long as he can do that. There should be an option to delete all posts with one click. Without begging. Easy come, easy go. De mortuis nil nisi bene.

Wesley
July 7th, 2009, 10:34
I can understand leaving a Board for good, but destroying all posts ~ as if they were all-important ~ seems weirdly neurotic.
All posts destroyed? Then it follows that they were all-important for the poster. Wrong. Are the posts all-important for the poster? Then it follows that the poster is neurotic. Wrong. Smiles does not understand the behaviour of a person? Then the person must be neurotic. Interesting. Tolerance still a foreign word? Without logging in from time to time the poster will not have access to his account in the future. He is well advised to delete his posts as long as he can do that. There should be an option to delete all posts with one click. Without begging. Easy come, easy go. De mortuis nil nisi bene.

I will admit, it would be nice to delete things after someone hs posted behind you, however, ever time someone wished they had never said something and then someone posted about his lack of common sense in posting, it would look like a puzzle on here.

I suspect it has more to do with something personal, had it not been, he would have left with the usual tiff as the rest usually do.

Wes

July 7th, 2009, 22:37
De mortuis nil nisi bene.

Why? Does that maxim (do not speak ill of the dead) apply universally or are there exceptions - Hitler or Pol Pot, for example?

Or are you using the phrase in its legal context, that defaming the dead is not actionable?

Either way, and whatever the reason, MiniMee's guess (whether correct in this instance or not) is yet another reason for anonymity, whatever the requests for CVs or even now exact locations may be.

I will leave it to KT to correct your latin (de mortuis nil nisi bonum dicendum est)!

July 20th, 2009, 03:24
Could you ask him why? Simple enough question really ... not the end of the world, but would be enlightening.

This is nonsense. Fattman is alive and well and living in his boyfriend's house in Nonthaburi. I spoke to him on the phone this afternoon.
I have known the person who is/was Fattman for at least 5 years and we regularly meet and exchange calls and emails. His b/f is a very old friend of my b/f.

Where this idea that he has gone to Dublin came from, or that he is ill, is a complete invention. My reading of the deleted posts is that Fattman had posted a lot of personal information about himself and his boyfriend on the message board. It was obvious to anyone who knew him that he was Fattman. People knew who he was and he did not like it because it caused him to defend himself every time he ventured out to the bars.
In short, he now wants to be left alone; although I do suspect he is still here somewhere under a different pseudonym.

kittyboy
July 20th, 2009, 04:01

This is nonsense. Fattman is alive and well and living in his boyfriend's house in Nonthaburi. I spoke to him on the phone this afternoon.
I have known the person who is/was Fattman for at least 5 years and we regularly meet and exchange calls and emails. His b/f is a very old friend of my b/f.

As an occasional visitor I did not know the guy..he seemed pretty reasonable but who can say why he decided to delete his postings.

I am a bit disappointed that the "ill with osteoporosis" is not be true...

Why Kittyboy are you disappointed? I hear a few of you asking..Not because I wish anyone harm....No No No..

If true I would have been able to observe that he probably found that the milk he was drinking from his Thai boyfriend lacked sufficient calcium...Or perhaps he was not getting his milk in sufficient quantity?

Thank you thank you very much..
Good luck Fatman.

July 22nd, 2009, 18:25

Where this idea that he has gone to Dublin came from, or that he is ill, is a complete invention. My reading of the deleted posts is that Fattman had posted a lot of personal information about himself and his boyfriend on the message board. It was obvious to anyone who knew him that he was Fattman. People knew who he was and he did not like it because it caused him to defend himself every time he ventured out to the bars.
In short, he now wants to be left alone; although I do suspect he is still here somewhere under a different pseudonym.

Dunno who is this Tony7 bloke is but hes got his facts wrong. Fattman is in St James Hospital in Dublin.

gra46
August 6th, 2009, 07:49
Dunno who is this Tony7 bloke is but hes got his facts wrong. Fattman is in St James Hospital in Dublin.[/quote]

Take a fucking laptop to him and get him to post to us ,stop ur shit prove what you say or dont bother
I,m just shocked he deleted all as most of his posts were fact and would help many newbies on here
he helped me on many occassions like many others here ,he will be sadly missed

August 6th, 2009, 07:54
I think it is clear by now there are 2 posters, Fattman and fatman42, that have been confused with each other.

bao-bao
August 8th, 2009, 01:17
I think it is clear by now there are 2 posters, Fattman and fatman42, that have been confused with each other.
Bingo, kenc... FATTMAN is one member and Fatman41 is another. I just heard from Fatman41 last week. I hope he begins sharing posts with us again soon.

Fatman41 isn't sick (other than evidenced by being a member here!!) :cheers:

August 8th, 2009, 14:00
Take a fucking laptop to him and get him to post to us ,stop ur shit prove what you say or dont botherDon't feel you have to hold back, gra46. Tell us what you really think.

bao-bao
August 8th, 2009, 21:14
Take a fucking laptop to him and get him to post to us ,stop ur shit prove what you say or dont botherDon't feel you have to hold back, gra46. Tell us what you really think.
You're assuming he's capable of a coherent thought - and that's really a stretch. :cheers:

gra46
August 9th, 2009, 12:59
If i did that i be limited to areas on this board once again
Just it takes a new member on here with all the bull shit ,well you should no the crap that goes on here when you disaapear

Smiles
August 9th, 2009, 13:36
" ... you should no the crap that goes on here when you disaapear ... "
... and we certainly know the crap which doesn't appear when you disappear.
Thinking of leaving again?

gra46
August 9th, 2009, 14:04
" ... you should no the crap that goes on here when you disaapear ... "
... and we certainly know the crap which doesn't appear when you disappear.
Thinking of leaving again?
yes smiles leaving in 8 weeks to Koh Samui want to join me , it be great if you could or just tell me about samui ,miss you heaps

giggsy
August 10th, 2009, 04:31
Gra rumour has it that you have met up with Smiles already.I think you missed this post while you was on your holiday.
Re: Laughed so hard, gotta share it!!!

Smiles and Gra46 met up in Pattaya for a few days and each night they where going out visiting all the bars in boystown , sunee plaza and jomtien. They where using a private taxi to get about and the taxi driver waited outside each bar until they was ready to go to the next bar. After 2 nights of the same driver Smiles said тАЬmy BS is a driver and I know you can not drink alcohol but why donтАЩt you come in the bar with us and I will buy you a soft drink.тАЭ The driver agreed and on the 5th night gra46 said why donтАЩt we go to that new disco up naklua rd. They all got into the taxi and when they arrived at the dolphin roundabout a ten ton lorry hit the taxi killing the taxi driver stone dead. The police arrived 5 minutes later and asked smiles if he knew the driver. тАЬOh yesтАЭ said smiles тАЬhe takes us out and about town every night.тАЭ тАЬDo you know his nameтАЭ asked the policeman тАЬoh noтАЭ said smiles тАЬwe donтАЩt know his nameтАЭ. тАЬWell do you know where he lives so we can notify his relativesтАЭ said the policeman. тАЬOh we donтАЩt know that eitherтАЭ said smiles. тАЬWell is there anything you know about himтАЭ asked the policeman.тАЭ The only thing we know is that he has got two arseholesтАЭ said smiles. тАЬHow do you know thatтАЭ said the policeman. тАЬWellтАЭ said smiles тАж..
тАЬEvery time we go into a bar the owner always says here comes that taxi driver with those two arseholesтАЭ

I have absolutely no idea who posted it.