PDA

View Full Version : What are the mango rains?

lonelywombat
April 6th, 2006, 06:56
Quote from The Age Bangkok reporter

"As mango rains fell in Bangkok yesterday, foreshadowing the start of the brutal hot season,
the political temperature had definitely cooled"

Can someone explain mango rains please

April 6th, 2006, 07:19
Maybe the rain starts in mango season, is it mango season?

April 6th, 2006, 08:24
Richard's (Amor) mango cheese cake is calling. Yup, mango time.

cottmann
April 6th, 2006, 09:36
Quote from The Age Bangkok reporter

"As mango rains fell in Bangkok yesterday, foreshadowing the start of the brutal hot season,
the political temperature had definitely cooled"

Can someone explain mango rains please

Mango rains are the big rains that come usually toward the beginning of the hot season to help the mangoes ripen. They are a period of about one week in mid to late April when the weather changes from the cool to the hot season which causes brief heavy rain showers.

April 6th, 2006, 12:53
Mango rains are the big rains that come usually toward the beginning of the hot season to help the mangoes ripen. They are a period of about one week in mid to late April when the weather changes from the cool to the hot season which causes brief heavy rain showers.

Please tell me we are not 'just' entering the hot season? If we are, can someone please tell me how to survive as I have been sweating like swine at a pig roast for the last few weeks. Suggestions relating to me losing weight and shaving off my shagpile carpet of body hair will be met with stern looks and much tut tutting.

April 6th, 2006, 13:16
DELETED

April 6th, 2006, 16:09
Mango rains are when it rains so much, man go.

Boxer
April 7th, 2006, 12:16
Sticky Rice and fresh Mango all over town to eat is really Ummy!

April 7th, 2006, 16:57
Oooh yummy! That and a nice pot of Orange Pekoe. I love the rainy season. I dont think its come yet however. I've never had a wet April ?

April 7th, 2006, 17:14
May in HK . Hehehe. Hope your hill don't slide.

April 7th, 2006, 17:31
Dont joke about things like that,no not at all. Our four km drive-way was blocked for a whole week by a boulder the size of a house,and this is no exaggeration. It just appeared there, sitting in the drive like a meteor from above. So we had to walk 4 km every-day up-hill in drenching monsoon rain, up to our knees in mud, desperately trying to avoid the mangy wild dogs, who seem to sense that there was something not quite right. Like hyenas on a hunt they kept going for the maid trying to balance the groceries on her head.

April 7th, 2006, 20:35
Dont joke about things like that,no not at all. Our four km drive-way was blocked for a whole week by a boulder the size of a house,and this is no exaggeration. It just appeared there, sitting in the drive like a meteor from above. So we had to walk 4 km every-day up-hill in drenching monsoon rain, up to our knees in mud, desperately trying to avoid the mangy wild dogs, who seem to sense that there was something not quite right. Like hyenas on a hunt they kept going for the maid trying to balance the groceries on her head.

555 Maybe these duplexs down ching soi wan doh have their good side after all - ie. being close to the main road. If you'd shot the dogs, you could've sold them as Chinese Lamb in the local market.

April 8th, 2006, 06:51
We wouldn't change for the world,no-where in HK do you get a national park for a garden never mind just a garden. Our home is not on a slope the road levels out into a small kind of valley in-front of a valley if you get the idea. So we are in fact protected from major land slides. The boulder fell between it, it still sits there, they just built the road around it. :cheers:

dab69
April 8th, 2006, 12:02
I swear I ate at a Mango Rain restaurant on Sukumvit in Bangkok.
Kinda artsy-wannabe place.