PDA

View Full Version : Scam Alert

AKAHagrid-old
June 26th, 2009, 10:29
...well, maybe it's just my own stupidity. 1-2-Call (and the other carriers as well, I assume) now have a feature that lets you transfer some of your credit to another phone. Thus, when that sweet, innocent thing sidles up to you in the bar or beach and asks to "play game" on your phone, be aware that he might just be transferring credit.

Overachiever that I am, I managed to get hit twice, 30 minutes apart, for a total of 200 baht. You'll get a confirmation text from the carrier, but who the hell checks those during their nightly foray? And, the really savvy lads can probably delete the confirmations before you see them.

Patexpat
June 26th, 2009, 11:30
Not a new feature, has been available for a long time - but first time I have heard of anyone being scammed in this way!

TrongpaiExpat
June 26th, 2009, 14:27
*1012 for DTAC. Then follow instructions. It might come in handy if your looking to extend your service date. If I put in 200B in my phone and then transfer 100B to the BF, I get to keep the new exp. date. Also, sometimes higher baht value cards have some extras, so split the cost with a friend and make a transfer.

If one Thai boys owes another a few hundred baht it's being used to repay him. Also, some are using it to send as gifts for birthdays. I wonder if there's a way to disable the function if you don't want it?

June 26th, 2009, 15:20
It might come in handy if your looking to extend your service date. If I put in 200B in my phone and then transfer 100B to the BF

If you use AIS 1-2-call you can request to change to Unn Unn service. Then if you add any amount the expiration date is for a full year.

The per call rates are a little higher, but if you don't use the phone much, even a B 100 top up will give you a full year of service... as long as you get at least one call in or out every three months.

June 26th, 2009, 18:52
It might come in handy if your looking to extend your service date. If I put in 200B in my phone and then transfer 100B to the BF

If you use AIS 1-2-call you can request to change to Unn Unn service. Then if you add any amount the expiration date is for a full year.

The per call rates are a little higher, but if you don't use the phone much, even a B 100 top up will give you a full year of service... as long as you get at least one call in or out every three months.

Thanks for the alert. I do have a phone with an GSM Advance contract and unlimited credit.

June 26th, 2009, 22:58
...well, maybe it's just my own stupidity. 1-2-Call (and the other carriers as well, I assume) now have a feature that lets you transfer some of your credit to another phone. Thus, when that sweet, innocent thing sidles up to you in the bar or beach and asks to "play game" on your phone, be aware that he might just be transferring credit.

Overachiever that I am, I managed to get hit twice, 30 minutes apart, for a total of 200 baht. You'll get a confirmation text from the carrier, but who the hell checks those during their nightly foray? And, the really savvy lads can probably delete the confirmations before you see them.

LMAO. My missus had been doing this since we first got together. I couldn't figure out how I would buy 500baht worth of 1-2-call time, and it would be gone in about 2 weeks. As long as they have their phone and your phone handy, they can transfer your time to their phones. Because they order all those text horoscopes, and all the other junk along with playing the games, they can burn pretty quickly through their minutes.

And as far as I know, it only works for 1-2-call. Positive it doesn't work for DTAC at least anyways.