PDA

View Full Version : Now 3 days in Pattaya

atri1666
June 25th, 2009, 14:13
I like LOS in low season. This time have had the 747-Combi from Amsterdam - in business class this time 50 per cent empty. Arrived monday morning. Airport was empty. One booth alone for me at immigration. My luggage was the third. At customs a friendly good morning and i not needed more than 8 min. from the plane till the first change of money. Nice young driver was waiting for me. Monday i started slowly but yesterday lots of action.
Eurasia Serviced Appartments are very good for me. Has elevator and nice pool. Room is big and clean. Will return. Afternoon first fun in sansuk with friend and .....i dont know it was to dark
In the evening i spent all time in Up2U Bar with nice and some goodlooking boys. I give all the hosts a bottle of whisky incl. mixers for 850 baht - was playing with 2 boys and finally i took one to my room.
Will return because 2 more want to go with me to sansuk.
During my rounds i saw only empty places and closed bars. Visited also TomYum bar. We have been 3 customers and after some minutes i was alone with all the boys. I am sad i missed Mikes party
Wednesday evening i went to the Bingo in OZZ-Bar in jomtien. There is bar and terrrace. Bingo is every wednesday on terrace. It was full. Good fun for farang and thai boys. Everybody can join free and win. Surprise.. my friend and me have had bingo at same time (one bottle wodka for him).They have offers for drinks every day but the prices are ok. Very friendly people there incl. the waiters. Sunday there will be the monthly quiz... i will be there again.
Before i visited festival bar and have had dinner in dicks cafe. Very sad ... lots of waiters waiting for customers.

June 26th, 2009, 23:26
How does everyone find these flights that are half empty all the time?? Every flight I have ever been on coming or going from Thailand has always been packed, I want a free upgarde dammit lol.

Glad to see you are enjoying yourself in town right now. Things are going to be picking up a little bit in LOS very shortly. We are most likely in for an out of high season rush, and then high season starting in September this year.

Thanks for the TR my friend. And any contest in Pattaya where you can join for free and win something half decent sounds like a good contest to me!!

jinks
June 27th, 2009, 00:00
I want a free upgarde dammit lol.

As a frequent flyer you should be collecting miles with your favourite carrier.

I fly Emirates and by Skywards miles have upgraded my Dec flight Business (┬г 1505.00 return) to First......

In the A380-800 the double decker with showers :idea:
(New signature strip added to upset the plebs :angryfire: That's me using the outside loo )

jolyjacktar
June 27th, 2009, 02:14
Hi Jinks, i think air miles for someone like yourself who comes out to Thailand a couple of times a year is ok. But for myself who cant always get out one time a year and finances dictate that i look around for the best airline deal means it would take me years to get enough points for any upgrade, but still well done for your upgrade to first later in the year and enjoy.

fedssocr
June 27th, 2009, 10:29
If you don't mind paying a small annual fee one of the easiest ways to collect miles is to get an airline affiliated credit card. I have managed lots of "free" business class flights using miles mainly accumulated via my normal spending. As long as you pay the card off every month it doesn't cost too much for all those miles.

June 28th, 2009, 12:13
I have over 100k miles with both Korean Air, and Delta. I've tried getting the upgrades on flights, but as most have been international, they never seem to do it for me. On once occasion from Korea to BKK, they did have one upgraded seat available, but with about 10 people queued up for it.

I've never been on a flight any time coming/going from LOS, where there have been many empty seats, even in low season.

I'm just glad some people are getting some nice little perks here and there. Its good to see regular people like us getting their dues I guess.

atri1666
June 29th, 2009, 08:23
My next awardflight i have in december with austrian and thai in business - was no problem to get it in high season.
Yesterday have had a look in jomtien complex - dead as an dodo. We made little party in festival bar and after i made my round through the sois.
I have been mostly every evening in Up2U Bar and they have no problems with customers at time. Wanted to try Balkan Restaurant but they only had thai food because the cook was away for party

Smiles
June 29th, 2009, 14:38
" ... In the A380-800 the double decker with showers ... "
Encouraging to know that at least a few Brits actually take showers occasionally. :cheers: The Thai boys will have a field day sniffing you up.

June 29th, 2009, 16:30
Amazing - a new thread about what's going down in Pattaya, followed by a bunch of frequent-flying clowns hijacking the thread. I guess it counts as a triumph for this guy whose business is transporting such people to and from the airport, a subtle reminder of why he's among us.

June 29th, 2009, 17:16
Amazing - a new thread about what's going down in Pattaya, followed by a bunch of frequent-flying clowns hijacking the thread.

The common term is "troll" -- a word with which Smiles loves to brand others, but one which describes him as well or better than most. Cheers.

June 30th, 2009, 02:54
http://lh4.ggpht.com/lucifres/R-mbUxWHhSI/AAAAAAAAA7o/U_nb2hIh3DM/Emirates_A380_Shower%5B5%5D.jpg
[quote=Nalong]a bunch of frequent-flying clowns hijacking the thread. I guess it counts as a triumph for this guy whose business is transporting such people to and from the airport

Round shower cabins are available in two standard diameters, 870mm and 970mm. Both versions" can be build to customer specifications with a variety of fittings. http://www.dasell.com/interiors/shower-cabins-txt.html

That sits rather oddly with loading up to an extra tonne of water onto the already hefty A380, but it soon becomes clear that putting the aircraft on a diet is a key priority. All carpets, curtains and even economy footrests will be evaluated as the fleet beds in for weight saving, while in-flight shopping will now be possible through the entertainment system rather than through heavy on-board magazines.

You have to have deep pockets of course тАУ the shower spa room is only for the lucky 14 passengers who will occupy the First Class suites, but the favoured few will be allowed to spend 25 minutes in the spa itself тАУ beauty treatments available тАУ and five minutes in the shower which is regulated by a five-minute timer that glows green, amber and red as the allowance runs down. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/business/article4430701.ece

Its not like its any real luxury either. Its a 5-minute shower, as the dirty passenger has washed himself halfway down, an alarm would sound informing him of the impending end of water-supply. Emirates never explained what would happen if the passenger had not washed the soap off totally. We know there is a bathroom sink, but stillтАж http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_v5uvY3XRTgg/S ... otos+2.jpg (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_v5uvY3XRTgg/SP7kVgzQUxI/AAAAAAAAALk/pxrA9Yy_4KQ/s400/Airbus+A380+Shower+Photos+2.jpg)

http://images.smh.com.au/2009/02/12/380469/Emirates-A380-Shower-empty-600x400.jpg
http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/travel/inside-emirates-a380-superjumbo/20081113-5y0n.html?selectedImage=1
[/quote:1lxalzjh]

atri1666
July 1st, 2009, 08:33
2 days back my friend forced me to visit boystown. We had some drinks in Oscars and changed soon to Wildwest to get good places for an big event ( ladyboycontest 2009). It was really full. Drinks 150 baht. After 4 years not visiting the area the show was ok. They had also free buffet outside. We left around 1.30 am because i could no more sit.
Yesterday visited Krazy Dragon and have had short nice funny party with 11 boys around my table. I offered them one bottle 100Pipers with mixers. I not saw ugly boys - i met some old friends and saw lots of big tools. After drinking and chatting gave everybody a nice tip. Was a great evening - thanks to Mark and the boys. Weekend will have a short stay in Bangkok.

bing
July 1st, 2009, 10:16
Good for you. You seem to know how to party and I was so glad to hear you enjoyed the Krazy Dragon. 11 boys shows a degree of stamina I envy.

atri1666
July 2nd, 2009, 08:46
Yesterday visited first time Smart Massage near South Road/Second Road. Took their offer for scrub with free oil massage. Will go there again soon. Was a nice unexpected happy ending and the cashier said tip is up to you....
In the evening again bingo in the Ozzbar. Was good to go early because of many reservations. And again i won one bottle vodka but i changed with other winner for the gin.
Dinner have had first time in the Sea Falcon Restaurant. Not many customers but i liked their Lobster Lover Set for 690 Baht. Already have had many times breakfast there before going to the gaybeach.
Now will test first time breakfast in White Night

July 2nd, 2009, 22:42
Well I have been in Thailand 5 years 7 not been back to UK once yet so I suppose I am out of this conversation. :salute:

atri1666
July 4th, 2009, 19:26
Breakfast was really good. Fresh prepared for 160 baht. Coffee pay once 50 baht and take as much as you can. Only problem for me 09.00am is to late for me.
Friday arrived in BKK. Visited Babylon and it became full at 3 pm. Good action fo free. Dinner in Dicks Cafe. Have had my best lamb chop ever. Was only customer till 8pm. No bar visits.