PDA

View Full Version : Just say NO to tourists, why dont they?

June 24th, 2009, 16:06
Presumably the madness will stop when the lights have been extinguished after the last tourist leaves Pattaya. But in the case of the Jomtien Complex if it's closed down at midnight who would notice anyway? It's a commercial morgue at any time of day or night.

June 24th, 2009, 16:52
The complex was taking off again with quite a few new venues opened. Perhaps other gay areas with connections had meetings with the hoi poloi.

Beachlover
June 24th, 2009, 19:05
Is it easy to get from the Pattaya Beach area (South Rd) to Jomtien late at night (say midnight)?

June 24th, 2009, 19:44
Is it easy to get from S Pattaya to Jomtien late at night ? Exactly the same and as safe as during the day. Pick up the bus from the junction of South Road and Pratumnak Rd (outside school no 1), wait till it fills up and off you go - 10bt fare as usual. They run all night.

CoffeeBreak
June 24th, 2009, 20:54
Now the powers that be have just designated Jomtien Area as a residential ZONE.

The City Fathers have now instructed the Police and all agencies involved, to start checking if there is any licensed premises open after 12 midnight, from next month, then close them for a month to start with. Plus a hefty fine, With much worst penalties to come for future law breakers.

Is it me or do you think they want to turn Jomtien into a ghost town after 12 midnight.

When will the madness stop?

Bottoms Up: can we know the news source re what you say about Jomtien being designated a residential zone.?
Any link?

Thanks.

Brad the Impala
June 24th, 2009, 23:41
Now the powers that be have just designated Jomtien Area as a residential ZONE.

The City Fathers have now instructed the Police and all agencies involved, to start checking if there is any licensed premises open after 12 midnight, from next month, then close them for a month to start with. Plus a hefty fine, With much worst penalties to come for future law breakers.

Is it me or do you think they want to turn Jomtien into a ghost town after 12 midnight.

When will the madness stop?

Bottoms Up: can we know the news source re what you say about Jomtien being designated a residential zone.?
Any link?

Thanks.

Surely this information has come directly from LetMeBottomsUp's own impeccable sources at City Hall. Requesting a link to this information impugns LMBU's immaculate reputation by implying that he has merely read this information elsewhere. This hot and accurate information has undoubtedly been relayed to him by the great and the good of Chonburi, and in his wisdom he has graciously decided to make us privy to it.

TrongpaiExpat
June 25th, 2009, 00:18
First reported as a "I heard" here (http://www.gaytingtong.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4746) but from a reliable poster.

I'll be over that-at-way in a few days and can reports what's I see.

Let me see, ifs LMTU rights a Readable report than may be theres some justifiable superstition of somehing not being originated by him. How balmy!

June 25th, 2009, 00:38
Build a retail & entertainment complex, then designate it as residential?

No wonder the Thai GDP is so low with such half wits in charge.

June 25th, 2009, 00:41
First reported as a "I heard" here (http://www.gaytingtong.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4746) but from a reliable poster.

I'll be over that-at-way in a few days and can reports what's I see.

Let me see, ifs LMTU rights a Readable report than may be theres some justifiable superstition of somehing not being originated by him. How balmy!

I understand from someone who knows the situation, that there has been a letter given by the appropriate authority to those in the Jomtien Complex, midnight is the bewitching hour........for how long is anyones guess! It applies from July 1st.

jolyjacktar
June 25th, 2009, 01:47
I wonder if old Thaksin has just purchased Jomtien, as his favourite policy was close by midnight. Or maybe one of his old friends doing him a favour.

Beachlover
June 25th, 2009, 05:30
Is it easy to get from S Pattaya to Jomtien late at night ? Exactly the same and as safe as during the day. Pick up the bus from the junction of South Road and Pratumnak Rd (outside school no 1), wait till it fills up and off you go - 10bt fare as usual. They run all night.

quiet1
June 25th, 2009, 09:37
Is the "Jomtien Area" mentioned in the opening post supposed to mean only the "Jomtien Complex" commercial shophouse area?

Jomtien is a much larger area.

Marsilius
June 25th, 2009, 22:22
Perhaps other gay areas with connections had meetings with the hoi poloi.

What good would that have done? You'd think it might be better if they had their meetings with important people rather than ordinary folks...

June 25th, 2009, 23:39
No city council will designate an area as residential area without reason.
Probably some so-called 'hiso' Bangkokians complained over some time that they couldn't sleep in their too expensive purchased condo.

Instead of enforcing the law regarding noise-pollution, they make a new law regarding times of closure. Easier enforce and bringing more cash into the BiB's pockets.

Another reason might be, that cityhall would like to keep the nightlife concentrated in Pattaya and not let the 'shit' spread out over the area.

Amazing city.........I'm living in South Pattaya in an area where a lot of day-time workers and night-time workers live.
I'm one of the daytime workers and leave my condo 4 days per week around 6.30 a.m.
Every morning I pass a karaoke bar with very, and I mean very, loud music. The k-bar is surrounded by condominium complexes and houses, but obviously this is allowed.