PDA

View Full Version : ANY Updates on the banks

gra46
June 24th, 2009, 06:54
Has anyone been to the ATM's lately, who doing what and who not

TrongpaiExpat
June 24th, 2009, 14:57
I assume your asking about the 150B forien ATM charge?

K bank ATM's finally started charging 150B but I hear UOB is not but I have no direct experience and now use my Thai banks ATM cards exclusively. Can anyone confirm that UOB is not charging?

United Overseas Bank (http://www.uob.co.th/index.htm)

francois
June 24th, 2009, 17:37
Can anyone confirm that UOB is not charging?
United Overseas Bank (http://www.uob.co.th/index.htm)

Confirmed as of 24 June, no charge at UOB.
Government Saving Banks may dispense funds without a charge. Some report they receive an error message when trying to withdraw funds; others have no problem. Same saem ATM in Tukcom.

jcowle
June 24th, 2009, 19:51
[quote="TrongpaiExpat"]I assume your asking about the 150B forien ATM charge?

K bank ATM's finally started charging 150B but I hear UOB is not but I have no direct experience and now use my Thai banks ATM cards exclusively. Can anyone confirm that UOB is not charging?

United Overseas Bank (http://www.uob.co.th/index.htm)[/quot

I used the UOB yesterday still no charge showing.

John

June 27th, 2009, 14:33
Just returned from Thailand, used UOB and AEON and no charge untill now. Maybe AEON will be the only staying fee free because it is not Thai based and not a part of the Thai Bank Mafia?. For you who are staying in the Sathorn area. AEON has an ATM next to the 7-11 on Rama IV where you walk down to Soi Ngam Duplee (Pinnacle, Vincents, Malaysia) I think it was yellow. It has no signs of Visa or Mastercard, but when you are in front of it, you will see it takes the cards. On the first step it looks like the limit is 7000 bht, but it is possible to change the amount. Although it was not so logical I ended up with 10000 from the machine. No fee.

TrongpaiExpat
June 27th, 2009, 15:01
The UOB Thailand web site lists the address for all branches but not all ATM locations that I can see.

AEON Thailand web site does not list branches that I can find and no ATM locations list other than saying: " from branch offices or from the 328 ATMs which are installed in Bangkok and provincial area.

AEON Thailnad (http://www.aeonthailand.com/lang/en)

Yes the UOB will be charging as from 1st August.

Can anyone who's normal confirm this or find the original source?

June 27th, 2009, 15:22
maybe this will help you
http://www.aeonthailand.com/lang/en/men ... e_Location (http://www.aeonthailand.com/lang/en/menu/Service_Location)

TrongpaiExpat
June 27th, 2009, 19:55
Excellent HansiThe2, I don't know why I could not find it. There's not a lot of ATM's compared to Bangkok Bank but enough to cover most of the usual vacation spots. Anyone planing a trip can print the list and avoid excessive bank charges. :salute:

a447
June 27th, 2009, 23:54
Are there any commission-free ATMs in Pattaya apart from Lotus? It seems a long way from the centre of the city, judging by Google Earth.

rincondog
June 28th, 2009, 02:02
UOB has conflicting information on their website regarding ATM fees. The below indicates that they would be charging a fee starting in April, however, they haven't as of yet. At least they don't show a fee when making an ATM withdrawl.

United Overseas Bank (Thai) Public Company Limited
No. 16/2009 (Addendum for clarification)
Bank Service Fee

United Overseas Bank (Thai) Public Company Limited would like to make clarification related to bank
service fee for withdrawal transaction via ATM announcement No. 16/2009 announced on March 17, 2009.
The bank will apply the following conditions for service fee as per existing announcement, effective on April
17, 2009 onwards.

Type of Services Fee

Transaction Fee via ATM

Cash withdrawal transaction by Electronic Card issued by
overseas bank or cards issued by non-ATM Pool
members
(Exclude - Fee charged from Card-holder, issued by:
MEPS (Malaysian Electronic Payment System),
CUP (China Union Pay),
ATM Pool,
UOB ATM Regional Switch

THB 150 per transaction

Announced on 19 March 2009

Mr. Wong Kim Choong
President & Chief Executive Officer

June 28th, 2009, 08:22
Are there any commission-free ATMs in Pattaya apart from Lotus? It seems a long way from the centre of the city, judging by Google Earth.
There is a UOB atm on 2nd road just past Boys Town on the same side. Just a little further on the other side is a GSB atm, still fee free.

a447
June 28th, 2009, 09:42
Thanks, frodo77.

gra46
June 28th, 2009, 09:46
maybe this will help you
http://www.aeonthailand.com/lang/en/men ... e_Location (http://www.aeonthailand.com/lang/en/menu/Service_Location)

Ok Aeon no ATM in Patong

does anyone know if there is GSB ATM there????

And if i use my Visa card inside the bank not ATM is there a 150 Baht fee????

July 8th, 2009, 09:00
After learning it all from this forum, I recently used UOB ATM on several occasions (the latest on July 5) withdrawing with US CapitalOne ATM card, and no fee was charged as it is also stated on the receipt slip: "FEE CHARGE: 0.00". The calculated exchange rate was good for the day at slightly above of 34BT/USD. The ATM is located on 2nd Rd and Soi 1 next to 7/11 just past the Boys Town walking towards Royal Garden Plaza. There is a visible illuminated sign. I call everybody to patronize this bank! All other ATMs I tried: green, blue, yellow etc did impose the 150 BT fee.

gra46
July 8th, 2009, 09:13
Patong there 3 atms that are UOB that are not charging the fee/dont bother trying the rest they all have the fee

exchange rate from atms are determined on your bank has nothing to do with banks in LOS

the 3 UOB atms in Patong are

1/ 100 metres south of entrance to Paradise (main bank & ATM)

2/ bangalar road in front shopping centre (ATM)

3/ Beach rd about 100 metres south from banglar road (ATM)

July 8th, 2009, 18:33
The rate has dropped already, probably a blip but its 54.80 something. I don't know what has happened on the markets but the US dollar is stronger at the moment, well the past day.

July 8th, 2009, 18:55
as usual, any thread that mentions the banks turns into a commentary on the fluctuations of the GBP, courtesy of you know who

July 8th, 2009, 22:02
as usual, any thread that mentions the banks turns into a commentary on the fluctuations of the GBP, courtesy of you know who

The poor old queen has to watch his pennies thats why he eats of the stalls with the locals.

July 8th, 2009, 22:13

The poor old queen has to watch his pennies thats why he eats of the stalls with the locals.

Ha! Shows you how much you know about Thailand. All the richest people in the country eat at foodstalls -- because they know what is good. Even the palace gets take-out.

gra46
July 9th, 2009, 00:26
[quote="dave_syd":kst0yyzg]as usual, any thread that mentions the banks turns into a commentary on the fluctuations of the GBP, courtesy of you know who

Ha! Shows you how much you know about Thailand. All the richest people in the country eat at foodstalls -- because they know what is good. Even the palace gets take-out.[/quote:kst0yyzg]
My intersests is that we support UOB as they the only bank that was tottaly against the 150B fee,they ar inforced to bring this fee in by August.It the only bank i will use in LOS
By the way BB not the richest people eat there it looking after the locals ,i prefer to eat there too it proper thai food...

July 9th, 2009, 00:48
[/quote]

Ha! Shows you how much you know about Thailand. All the richest people in the country eat at foodstalls -- because they know what is good. Even the palace gets take-out.[/quote]
My intersests is that we support UOB as they the only bank that was tottaly against the 150B fee,they ar inforced to bring this fee in by August.It the only bank i will use in LOS
By the way BB not the richest people eat there it looking after the locals ,i prefer to eat there too it proper thai food...[/quote]

Of course you do dear, no one wants to eat the shite they sell at the Royal Cliff............

July 9th, 2009, 08:36
The richest people in Thailand ARE locals -- by far. And they do love eating at street stalls.

gra46
July 9th, 2009, 08:54
The richest people in Thailand ARE locals -- by far. And they do love eating at street stalls.So you and that thing smiles are rich

July 9th, 2009, 08:57
Local Thais, moron. No matter how long a foreigner lives here, he will never be a "local".

gra46
July 9th, 2009, 09:05
Local Thais, moron. No matter how long a foreigner lives here, he will never be a "local".
Come Phuket BG i will do all the locals and members here a favour and bury you for good,Dont set a date or time that you cant get out that boy or should i say child cot you in too,,,,,

July 9th, 2009, 09:07
Come Phuket BG i will do all the locals and members here a favour and bury you for good,Dont set a date or time that you cant get out that boy or should i say child cot you in too,,,,,

Once again? In English, please? Is this a death threat? I'm sure Spike will be interested to know...

thrillbill
July 9th, 2009, 09:23
Gra46 wrote,My interest is that we support UOB as they the only bank that was totally against the 150B fee,they are inforced to bring this fee in by August.It the only bank i will use in LOS..

Don't be so eager to bank with them...the UOB banks in Thailand were once a locally runned bank called, Bank of Asia. I was hoping this Singapore bank would improve the infrastructure and professional development of their Thai banks, but it hasn't happened yet to my observation. The main offices close at 3:30 so if you have any personal business to take care (other than making a deposit) you must do it during their hours...this makes it hard for people like myself who work in the country---dont' most people get out of work after 5pm????. I thought I would be able to do my "banking" after their closing by joining their "cyber banking" as they call it. Guess what? Their banking web sight is only available when their main office is open which means I cannot use it after my working hours or on weekends. When you call them for information, it is like you are the first person to ask a banking question. Beware, there are very few UOB branches in Pattaya and in Bangkok. I am sure some viewers have good experiences with other Thai banks which there seem to be as many as Indian tailor shops in town.

gra46
July 9th, 2009, 09:29
[quote="Beach Bunny":2p964l0i]Local Thais, moron. No matter how long a foreigner lives here, he will never be a "local".

Once again? In English, please? Is this a death threat? I'm sure Spike will be interested to know...[/quote:2p964l0i]

burтЛЕyтАВтАВ/╦Иb╔Ыri/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ber-ee] Show IPA verb, burтЛЕied, burтЛЕyтЛЕing, noun, plural burтЛЕies.
Use bury in a Sentence
тАУverb (used with object) 1. to put in the ground and cover with earth: The pirates buried the chest on the island.
2. to put (a corpse) in the ground or a vault, or into the sea, often with ceremony: They buried the sailor with full military honors.
3. to plunge in deeply; cause to sink in: to bury an arrow in a target.
4. to cover in order to conceal from sight: She buried the card in the deck.
5. to immerse (oneself): He buried himself in his work.
6. to put out of one's mind: to bury an insult.
7. to consign to obscurity; cause to appear insignificant by assigning to an unimportant location, position, etc.: Her name was buried in small print at the end of the book.
TAKE IT HOW YOU LIKE
sorry my australian accient you dont understand

July 9th, 2009, 09:52
Oh, I understood the word "bury" just fine. It's one of the few you spelled correctly. I'm sure Spike will appreciate his board being used to make death threats.

But it was the part about "Dont set a date or time that you cant get out that boy or should i say child cot you in too,,,,," that I was unable to make heads or tails of. LOL.

gra46
July 9th, 2009, 10:09
Oh, I understood the word "bury" just fine. It's one of the few you spelled correctly. I'm sure Spike will appreciate his board being used to make death threats.

But it was the part about "Dont set a date or time that you cant get out that boy or should i say child cot you in too,,,,," that I was unable to make heads or tails of. LOL.

there more meanings to it too i dont give a shit how you use it ...ohhh and the other part is common sense other members will understand it sorry your so slowwwwwww
you always change a thread ohhh and your name
maybe change it to the thread change or better still diaper changer

pyro
July 9th, 2009, 11:00
BB isn't the only one having problems understanding your posts. I have to re-read most of your post to figure out what you mean. Maybe you should read them yourself slowly before hitting the submit button. Just a suggestion. :)

TrongpaiExpat
July 9th, 2009, 13:13
Ha! Shows you how much you know about Thailand. All the richest people in the country eat at foodstalls -- because they know what is good. Even the palace gets take-out.

BB is right or wright as LMTU might say. They pull their BMW and Benz's right up to the carts, park on the road, sidewalk or anywhere where you wouldn't dare. They lower the window and place an order. I have even seen cars with driver/servants get out pick up food and pass food to who ever was in the back seat.

What's this got to do with ATM fees?

francois
July 9th, 2009, 16:59
In Pattaya there is also a UOB ATM in Villa Market.

DCbob
August 2nd, 2009, 12:16
UOB on Second Road and Soi 13/3 still is ATM fee free.
Got better rate of exchange than at the window for currency.

TrongpaiExpat
August 2nd, 2009, 12:58
First your said UOB would be charging as of 01Aug. I asked what's your source was and you quoted yourself from an earlier post. Now, for the life of I don't know why I am asking again but what's the source of this new date 12 Aug and don't tell me your spies told you.

travelerjim
August 2nd, 2009, 14:13
Got 33.95 rate from my 10,000 THB withdrawal at Government Savings Bank
TukCom - South Pattaya ATM in front area of entry way...(next to Bangkok Bank ATM machine)...
they are the pink color signage.

Also have branch on Second Rd with atm outside...across from Boyztown.

NO 150 baht fee :-)

tj

pong
August 2nd, 2009, 18:55
Re┬▒ withdrawal from Thanakarn Ohm Sing ┬░Govmt. savings bank┬▒
friends, living in Isan, told me that they dont accept foreign cards in their ATM┬┤s. That makes their no 150 THB not easy to get hold of.

August 2nd, 2009, 23:48
For anyone interested the Pound finished the trading day (friday) at its highest level this year against the dollar at over 1.67.
Expect a good Pound/Baht rate on monday.

August 3rd, 2009, 01:50
Just returned from Thailand, used UOB and AEON and no charge untill now. Maybe AEON will be the only staying fee free because it is not Thai based and not a part of the Thai Bank Mafia?. For you who are staying in the Sathorn area. AEON has an ATM next to the 7-11 on Rama IV where you walk down to Soi Ngam Duplee (Pinnacle, Vincents, Malaysia) I think it was yellow. It has no signs of Visa or Mastercard, but when you are in front of it, you will see it takes the cards. On the first step it looks like the limit is 7000 bht, but it is possible to change the amount. Although it was not so logical I ended up with 10000 from the machine. No fee.

Thanks for this. I am seriously pissed off with this charge. Does Thailand really want tourists? Amazing.

August 3rd, 2009, 02:58
For anyone interested the Pound finished the trading day (friday) at its highest level this year against the dollar at over 1.67.
Expect a good Pound/Baht rate on monday.

A lot can happen over a weekend......

August 3rd, 2009, 19:52
Yes, its great news that the pound is finally recovering. It's even on the up today 1.685 (1 pound = 1.6850 dollar), this is due to an influx of good economic data mainly from the manufacturing sector in the UK. "They" reckon the UK is recovering from the recession quite well and investors are being more, well taking more chances, errmmm!

Although the US is fairing quite well also, but it all boils down to confidence in the markets. I suspect there is more of that in the UK/European markets than US. I reckon we will see 60 bht to the pound within a few months.

giggsy
August 3rd, 2009, 20:18
Yes, its great news that the pound is finally recovering. It's even on the up today 1.685 (1 pound = 1.6850 dollar), this is due to an influx of good economic data mainly from the manufacturing sector in the UK. "They" reckon the UK is recovering from the recession quite well and investors are being more, well taking more chances, errmmm!

Although the US is fairing quite well also, but it all boils down to confidence in the markets. I suspect there is more of that in the UK/European markets than US. I reckon we will see 60 bht to the pound within a few months.

60bht is no good we want at least 75bht and cheaper air fares..come on W/D get you finger out..

August 3rd, 2009, 21:37
75, I want 90, remember that, the freefall as so to speak end of 97.

DCbob
August 6th, 2009, 20:09
Government Savings Bank, does not accept Master Charge, but does accept Visa
It is also fee free. Location front entrance in Tukcom on right, center area (purplish in color).

Bank of Ayudhya
Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya Road) just east of Friendship. Fee Free, and I was told that it will stay that way at this location because it is on Company property. But their other ATMs charge the fee.

Rate of Exchange for U.S. Dollars. Done same afternoon to ensure the rate set was the same, and the only difference would have been by the bank:
Bank of Ayudhya 32.24
Government Savings Bank 30.87