PDA

View Full Version : M├йxico Gay Vacation

June 23rd, 2009, 23:23
The vast majority of gay travelers are from Canada and the United States, Vallarta, recently has seen an increase in gay tourists from Europe and as far away as Australia. Gay men and women world wide are discovering and falling in love with the little spot of paradise that is Puerto Vallarta, making it MexicoтАЩs and perhaps the worldтАЩs, gay mecca.

May be ItтАЩs good to be gay and itтАЩs great to travel to such a gay friendly resort town.

Dboy
June 24th, 2009, 12:11
The vast majority of gay travelers are from Canada and the United States, Vallarta, recently has seen an increase in gay tourists from Europe and as far away as Australia. Gay men and women world wide are discovering and falling in love with the little spot of paradise that is Puerto Vallarta, making it MexicoтАЩs and perhaps the worldтАЩs, gay mecca.

May be ItтАЩs good to be gay and itтАЩs great to travel to such a gay friendly resort town.

Good luck with the advertising or whatever, but as a native Texan I have to warn people that Mexico is NOTHING like what it used to be. It did USED to be a nice place to travel..Places like guanajuato, San miguel de allande, mexico city, taxco *were* charming and more-or-less safe. Never cared for ANY of their beach towns (Acapulco, P vallarta, etc) as they've always been package-tourist hell But I wouldn't go anywhere near mexico anymore, and it's certainly not worth a flight from Europe or Aussie.

dboy

June 25th, 2009, 09:49
Jeez, is this guy on every forum?

....Mexico is NOTHING like what it used to be. ....
dboy

Yeah, ever since they got rid of Porfirio Diaz - according to my Grandfather.
Of course his family got run outta town on a rail by Pancho Villa so he may have been biased.... :dontknow:

June 25th, 2009, 10:08
but as a native Texan

Non-sequitur of the day?

June 26th, 2009, 00:58
Humor aside, Mexico has become a very dangerous place to travel. We live only 100 mile from TJ, Baja California, and almost every day there are shootings of police officers, random citizens, kids, drug dealers killing drug dealers: it has become a disaster. There are no tourist in town anymore, and the place used to be packed..and the gay bars were hopping everyday of the week. PV may still be safe, but that is just for the moment, the army, police and drug dealers are in a running war that can, and does, erupt somewhere new every single day. There is a running drug war from the US boarder to the boarder of Guatemala. Enter and travel at your own risk. BTW the cops in Mexico are as corrupt as the BIB, but they demand much more than the few hundred baht that the BIB collect with their phoney road tea stops.

Wesley
June 26th, 2009, 04:43
Mexico is currently going through a war between the drug cartel and the army and police to try and stop drugs and human trafficking. And supposedly terrorist from digging under the fence. If you go be prepared to doge the bullet athey say. It really is not what is was. But, I assume if you have a guide and and can keep you out of the places where you might get shot and where the guys are, then you might get home safely

Wes

February 7th, 2011, 20:47
Hi,
Mexico is a welcoming environment for gay travelers. In fact, it is one of the most welcoming places you will find with amazing beaches, hot night life and many historic attractions. Also It is a well rounded place to visit if you want a vacation with everything.

Thanks
Moore Martinez

Beachlover
February 8th, 2011, 18:35
OMG... the original poster for this thread was already a link spammer... this thread should've been deleted from the beginning.

witchhunt
February 9th, 2011, 13:16
OMG... the original poster for this thread was already a link spammer... this thread should've been deleted from the beginning.

BL please explain why this thread should be deleted and yet you endorse the constant promos from unkiebuck.
There was a gap of 20 months before this new post yesterday

Beachlover
February 9th, 2011, 17:22
Witchhunt, not sure how knowledgeable you are about search engine optimisation and online marketing so forgive me if I'm repeating what you already know..."Link spamming" is the practice of posting links back to your own website on sites with user generated content like forums.

There's a lot of incentive to do this because the more links going back to your website, the more "important" it appears to Google and the higher your site appears in search results. I.e. you're more likely to appear when people search for your product (e.g. "gay holiday Mexico") and the more customers your business will attract via web searches.

This website is big target for "link spammers" because it has high search strength (i.e. Google regards it highly) and the stronger the website hosting your link is, the more highly it's regarded (i.e. it's like having a degree from Harvard instead Thammasat).

The result is you get a lot of spammers coming on forums like this and posting unrelated or incoherent content just so they can post a link back to their own website. The OP in this thread did that... if you read what he wrote you'll see it's just some generic cut and paste content. The same applies to the last link-containing post above... That poster has no intention to actually participate, just wants to get a link in here for his business (or for his client).

Basically, anytime you see a new poster posting some generic information and then a completely unrelated link, that's link Spam. This is different from a poster who posts a link to his business but actually explains it (e.g. when a new Cambodian guesthouse or Pattaya bar introduces themselves and posts a link to their website).

As for Unkie, in my opinion, he's fine because...

1. He pays to advertise on this board.

2. His "promotions" aren't very frequent at all... he doesn't post anywhere near as many promos as some previous sponsors have. On other boards I see bars (who don't pay to advertise at all) posting announcements more frequently than Unkie does... so in my opinion, he's being pretty conservative.

3. He participates quite a lot as an ordinary member. He's not one of those business owners who just drops by, posts a promo or two and then goes into a slumber until the next promo.

February 10th, 2011, 19:31
Never mind Puerto Vallarta is a horrid little place besieged by large cruise liners filled with tacky Americans pretending to do Mexico. I drove down once from Los Angeles as I had a few weeks to spare and wasn't at all impressed.

Luckily the car I had was an absolute stunner so the ride was worth the while in itself even though I had to abandon it for something just as impressive, an Andalusian horse some where much beyond Vallarta. Which is a truly lovely place to be.

The car was salvaged on my return and I was able to drive back. I didn't even pause in Vallarta as I wiggled my way down through and out of the places tight little roads again.

Picked up a gay hiker who looked cute doing the same, that is getting out of the place. I soon realised why he was leaving and it wasnt what I thought, he hopped in the car and with a look of absolute insane expectation announced "Im French!!"

Obviously this works on the average American gay for awhile but I think the phrase had lost its punch in the few weeks he had stayed in Vallarta. Most of the cruise liners are filled with straights anyway.

I screeched to a stop and told him to hop it. He looked after me as I watched in the rear view mirror as I accelerated away with a look of complete befuddlement. I felt sorry for him but brimmed once again with utter excitement at what lay ahead even though I had done it all before.

witchhunt
February 11th, 2011, 07:50
the original poster for this thread was already a link spammer... this thread should've been deleted from the beginning.

BL please explain why this thread should be deleted and yet you endorse the constant promos from unkiebuck.
There was a gap of 20 months before this new post yesterday.

OMG the increasing power od beachlover . The extremely helpful link provided by Moore Martinez was on topic and I considered most helpful.

Now both links have been removed on your say so, to the detriment of other board members that might be interested in this thread. And you criticize the Iron Fist . You are getting to like his style.

What happened to comment on the technicolor ads at the bottom of unkiebucks posts. Did you complain about that? It was also deleted.

February 11th, 2011, 12:58
http://www.gayguidevallarta.com/Nightlife/ etc

There we go whitchhunt. Who's got an iron fist? Surely its not Jinks you are refering to? Ridiculous.

I do think it's a bit rich to post a link to specific accomadtion unless someone has asked for it or is posting about a trip they made with reference to the place they stayed and enjoyed etc. None of what our helpful " Moore Martinez" did.

This was a plug. Not only that a complete fabrication "world's gay mecca" its dull as dish water and caters for as I said before Americans thinking they are doing Mexico.

Humor aside, Mexico has become a very dangerous place to travel. We live only 100 mile from TJ, Baja California, and almost every day there are shootings of police officers, random citizens, kids, drug dealers killing drug dealers: it has become a disaster. There are no tourist in town anymore, and the place used to be packed..and the gay bars were hopping everyday of the week. PV may still be safe, but that is just for the moment, the army, police and drug dealers are in a running war that can, and does, erupt somewhere new every single day. There is a running drug war from the US boarder to the boarder of Guatemala. Enter and travel at your own risk. BTW the cops in Mexico are as corrupt as the BIB, but they demand much more than the few hundred baht that the BIB collect with their phoney road tea stops.Author: Soi 10 Tom ┬╗ Thu 25 Jun, 2009 12:58 pm

Soi 10 Tom TJ is not Mexico and nor for that matter is Baja. I had no problems driving through there to San Jose, none at all besides running out of fuel one night. TJ is one place you can miss altoghether it is a dump catering for young american men mostly doing things they wouldnt dream of doing at home that doesnt include sleeping with men but rather getting stone drunk trying to find prostitutes and smoking a bit of pot. I can ony imagine its a far more interesting place with them gone.

The other regular visitors were/are thousands and thousands of American old age pensioners looking for cheap medication which their country refuses to allow them to have.

The cops in Mexico are corrupt so best to have as little to do with them as possible, unfortunately you will still find a random string across the road usualy after some small poverty stricken village, here they stop vehicles asking for "road tax" its minimal like 5$ so dont sweat. The cops are more curious and chatty than money hungry, as very few Americans drive through Mexico, and when they discover you are not American they positevily want to take you home for dinner. The idea of driving through Mexico for your average American is just too terrifying for words.

For the rest though its great safe and a wonderful country in the main.

Beachlover
February 11th, 2011, 19:16
OMG the increasing power od beachlover . The extremely helpful link provided by Moore Martinez was on topic and I considered most helpful.

Now both links have been removed on your say so, to the detriment of other board members that might be interested in this thread. And you criticize the Iron Fist . You are getting to like his style.

What happened to comment on the technicolor ads at the bottom of unkiebucks posts. Did you complain about that? It was also deleted.
What power? WTF are you on about?... You obviously have no idea what link spamming is. The spammer isn't here to contribute and isn't a genuine member at all.

Open your eyes. The bar logo is still at the bottom of Unkiebuck's posts.

witchhunt
February 14th, 2011, 05:28

What power? WTF are you on about?... You obviously have no idea what link spamming is. The spammer isn't here to contribute and isn't a genuine member at all.

Open your eyes. The bar logo is still at the bottom of Unkiebuck's posts.

Obviously too much champagne again The question was asked what happened to a post that critized unkiebucks technicolor addition to every post. The only poster that is in your face in this manner.

The post was deleted by jinks.As you have set yourself up as the arbiter of what can be posted here by commercial establishments, I was interested whether you had complained and had it also removed.

Beachlover
February 14th, 2011, 08:30
No, I don't even remember that comment (there were lots bitching about Unkie) and rarely complain directly to mods about specific posts/posters, except to point out spammers... and that's more just to notify the mod in case he misses it.

I simply give my view on it and if it happens to be logical...

Thor69
February 19th, 2011, 16:37

You must be joking! Puerto Vallarta is filled with package tourists and cruise ship patrons. Mexico in general, because of the drug wars, is off the list of places for gay men and women who want to travel safely.