PDA

View Full Version : Hongkong vs Thailand

a447
June 22nd, 2009, 16:07
Has anyone been to Hongkong recently? Is it a worthwhile gay tourist destination. I'm just debating whether to go back to LOS or to try somewhere new.
i would appreciate some info re: gay life there (clubs, saunas, where to get laid, etc) and your recommendations. Is it possible to have fun there?
Or should I just go back to Thailand?

June 22nd, 2009, 18:38
For a city of its size, HK definitey disappoints for the quantity and quality of its gay attractions. It's pretty lousy, in my opinion.

June 22nd, 2009, 23:06

If you love ATM machines ! :flower:

June 22nd, 2009, 23:33
We were in Hong Kong in January. Went to three or four bars and couldnt find a couple more we thought existed. All were totally boring with horrendously expensive drinks. Not interaction whatsoever from the locals. Singapore is 10 times more interesting and with WAY more gay vibe.

colmx
June 23rd, 2009, 01:20
I was in HK back in November.... Personally speaking I can't wait to go back there... but would never dream of visiting there ahead of Thailand....

Having Visited: Tokyo, Beijing,Shanghai,Hong Kong, Singapore, KL and Bkk all in the last 8 months... i would rate HK as 2nd to Bkk

HK drinks are expensive... but then all are compared to BKK. From my memory drinks in HK are the same as those in Singapore and KL. The price of entry to Propaganda the main Gay club was ridiculous though $380HKG... thats London night club prices!

Sauna scene in HK is fantastic.. loads of action in the 3 Saunas that i visited there and very welcoming of GWM...

June 23rd, 2009, 03:02
The price of entry to Propaganda the main Gay club was ridiculous though $380HKG... thats London night club prices!

Hong Kong has a GDP per capita similar to the UK, so one might expect high prices in some places.

mahjongguy
June 23rd, 2009, 07:40
I like HK but it really is closeted compared to Bangkok. The guys don't just jump in your lap as you pass by, you have to work at it a bit. To me it's refreshing.

But US$50 to get into Propaganda? That's criminal. For that much I can spend twenty afternoons at the swimming pools in Kowloon Park. Now *that's* an eye candy value.

Beachlover
June 23rd, 2009, 12:10
I like HK but it really is closeted compared to Bangkok. The guys don't just jump in your lap as you pass by,

lol... just because guys jump in your lap as you pass in Thailand doesn't mean it's normal the world over

anakot
June 23rd, 2009, 14:36
I was in HK back in November.... Personally speaking I can't wait to go back there... but would never dream of visiting there ahead of Thailand....

i would rate HK as 2nd to Bkk

Agreed. Of course but here you don't pay for sex because generally the guys have more money than you, (LOL) and really want to have a good roll in the hay with you.

So while I lurv LOS Hong Kong has to rate first if you're not an ATM.

We were in Hong Kong in January. Went to three or four bars and couldnt find a couple more we thought existed. All were totally boring with horrendously expensive drinks. Not interaction whatsoever from the locals.

Not my extensive experience so why don't you give it another go and research utopiaasia.com and find out where you fit. Different strokes for different blokes etc.

For a city of its size, HK definitey disappoints for the quantity and quality of its gay attractions. It's pretty lousy, in my opinion. Well of course depends entirely on what you are looking for... I am never disappointed here.

Has anyone been to Hongkong recently? Is it a worthwhile gay tourist destination. I'm just debating whether to go back to LOS or to try somewhere new.
i would appreciate some info re: gay life there (clubs, saunas, where to get laid, etc) and your recommendations. Is it possible to have fun there?

Like any place you need to get under its skin (plenty o' 4skin here too).

June 23rd, 2009, 16:01
The price of entry to Propaganda the main Gay club was ridiculous though $380HKG... thats London night club prices!

Hong Kong has a GDP per capita similar to the UK, so one might expect high prices in some places.

But rents are much higher in HK than the UK so HKers have less disposable income. Off the westernised hotel tourist beat Hong Kong can be very good value. Also, the vast majority of the guys are not gay for pay so will be looking for their particular flavour of turn on - many are exclusively CDC (Chinese Dyoo Chinese). Having said that, they seem to have more than their fair share of gerontofiles and hairy bear huggers. Smile and wave.

anakot
June 24th, 2009, 15:09

But a much lower tax regime.

But rents are much higher in HK than the UK so HKers have less disposable income. Off the westernised hotel tourist beat Hong Kong can be very good value. Also, the vast majority of the guys are not gay for pay so will be looking for their particular flavour of turn on - many are exclusively CDC (Chinese Dyoo Chinese). Having said that, they seem to have more than their fair share of gerontofiles and hairy bear huggers. Smile and wave.

Don't forget the tax is MUCH lower. You have to get off the beaten track then it is cheaper, food, transport, utllities etc. Of course many are sticky rice but if 20% of them aren't then you are still talking about 10s of thousands who don't mind a white willie! Difficult to find (NOT!). While I personally know many farang who have successful relationships with Thai guys regardless of their backgrounds don't forget about HK. Most speak English too although generally if you are talkin' too much you're not dorkin' enough...

June 24th, 2009, 21:02
But a much lower tax regime.

...and they've currently dumped tax on hotel rooms, so only add 10% for service.

rincondog
June 24th, 2009, 21:54
Check out this website for info on gay Hong Kong

http://dimsum-hk.com/

June 29th, 2009, 06:43
There is no doubt that HK is boring. There aren't hookers there. Whoever said HK is better than Tokyo must be insane in my opinion though. HK is full of prudish Asians that act British. And we all know how fun Britain is.

maisoui
June 29th, 2009, 19:50
And we all know how fun Britain is.

It's not that bad for those who speak the language, unlike yourself.

anakot
June 29th, 2009, 19:52
There is no doubt that HK is boring. There aren't hookers there. Whoever said HK is better than Tokyo must be insane in my opinion though. HK is full of prudish Asians that act British. And we all know how fun Britain is.

I'm on patrol I spot a TROLL
Hey diddle diddle the cat and the fiddle
the cow jumped over the moon

June 29th, 2009, 21:06
HK males never even gave me a glance. And no, I am not over weight and ugly as a Bkk. klong. NOT a gay destination. But great for looking around at the sights.

June 30th, 2009, 01:13

I'm on patrol I spot a TROLL
Hey diddle diddle the cat and the fiddle
the cow jumped over the moon

I have lived in Tokyo and been to HK. I have also lived in BKK and other Asian locales. The Briitish influence is still apparent in Hk as it is in Singapore. I also digress, your response was so intelligent that I am lacking any response. Last time I herd you weren't deputized so I do not care what patrol you are on. If you think HK is fun good for you but I have the right to say I found it over priced and boring as a gay man.

June 30th, 2009, 02:16
Ummm okay. I know more about the Chinese language than you probably do. I speak a few Asian languages. So maybe you should just go away.

June 30th, 2009, 05:27
If Hk is that great why are you even here? You blamed my language skills as a reason to say I couldn't enjoy myself. I read enough Chinese that a newspaper isn't that puzzling. If HK is that much better than please stick to that. If it isn't then STFU.

sydneyboy
July 1st, 2009, 04:29
An interesting discussion. Some contributors have written favourably of Singapore. I have been thinking of spending a few days there on my way back from Thailand. Can anyone comment on the "out call" massage services in Singapore? Looking at the websites there is some spectacular eye candy. Comments based on personal experience appreciated.

Beachlover
July 1st, 2009, 05:37
Absolute (a mens sauna in Singapore) is a great place to pick up... lots of horny Singaporean boys there. Every Friday night everyone goes naked.

http://www.absolute.sg/

maisoui
July 1st, 2009, 22:13
Ummm okay. I know more about the Chinese language than you probably do. I speak a few Asian languages. So maybe you should just go away.
Perhaps, but in your quite unnecessary dig at the British you made a horrendous grammatical error. It is, therefore, quite fair to label you as a bigoted troll. Just because Smiles takes the strategy of ignoring of ignoring trolls, it doesn't preclude the offended from expressing their distaste.

I hope I have made myself clear.

July 2nd, 2009, 08:38
Your last post isn't even coherent. HK is fun don't get me wrong it has Victoria Peak and a skyline that can not be beat. The Gay world is however something about 50 years behind. Yes, HK has things to see, it s however no Tokyo or Bangkok.

Beachlover
July 2nd, 2009, 08:43
Speaking of Tokyo,...is there much gay life in Japan/Tokyo I_am_me?

July 2nd, 2009, 08:54
Speaking of Tokyo,...is there much gay life in Japan/Tokyo I_am_me?

Are you kidding? HUGE gay scene...though much of it is off-limits to foreigners.

Beachlover
July 2nd, 2009, 11:51
Cool... I've always thought Japanese boys are really really hot... and sexy lol.

I had a look around the net but the problem is most sites I see are in Japanese so I can't really see what they're about... I couldn't find much info in English other than utopia.

July 2nd, 2009, 20:04
Perhaps, but in your quite unnecessary dig at the British you made a horrendous grammatical error. It is, therefore, quite fair to label you as a bigoted troll. Just because Smiles takes the strategy of ignoring trolls, it doesn't preclude the offended from expressing their distaste.

I hope I have made myself clear.

thrillbill
July 2nd, 2009, 22:26
...I think it is what you're into...I like the Chinese muscular type so for me it is refreshing to have a good time with someone that is not only to my liking but the guy speaks good English, and buys ME a drink!!! (the ones that are into potatoes). My big gripe is how expensive it is to visit the place, so I let them fly to BKK and I meet them there. Another place to my liking (maybe it is luck) is KL. If you go to the gay ba\rs there you can pick up some nice guys that are NOT money boys.