PDA

View Full Version : Petchabun

June 19th, 2009, 15:02
Has anyone here been to Phetchabun by public transport? I know that the public bus leaves Bangkok for Phetchabun from Mo Chit bus terminal. Is there any express bus that go there without any stop? I heard from a friend that the bus all stop at some places and no direct bus.

Also, is the bus terminal walking distant from the Mo Chit BTS station?

Also info is much appreciated. Thanks.

pong
June 19th, 2009, 20:38
its simply TOO far to do it non-stop. Think of your safety too. There likely are also overnight buses, but for me this seems too short a ride for a nice overnight. Go to the giant Mochit2 in the morning-and youre sure to be on some bus whithin 1 hour. Just beware of that both Thai provincials capitals AND the province itself carry the same name-you may find that Petchabun (city=amphoe muang) is still some 50/70/90 kms away from the little ''ban'' DF has his family in. This may even mean that a bus to another place might pass much closer to his ''ban''-but surely he will know that best?
ALL major routes fom BKK=including this one, yes, offer a choice of
1.1st class, blue bus with AC and toilet, 2+2 seats, reclining, with a meal/snack stop about halfway, and start to let people getting of (ONLY) after it has passed the last major town before Pet with its own buslink. MOst likely a few companies, 1 of which will be named Petchabun TOUR
2.2nd class=white+orange, stll has AC but no WC, narrow Thai-size seats, will make stops in at least every major town along the road.
In the Mochit you go to UPPER floor to buy the ticket, the windows are marked in Thai only and have the same colours as I noted for the classes-you will be approached and pointed at before you can even look around-and thats trustworthy

neddy3
June 20th, 2009, 08:46
Mochit bus station is definitely not within walking distance of BTS Mochit.

Some months ago, my Thai friend and I went together to Nong Khai from Mochit. He does not know Bangkok at all well. In fact, I am often his guide.
A friend told him the bus station and BTS were not far apart. But at Mochit BTS, he said 'get a taxi'. Not what I expected.
It was 6.00 pm rush hour, a great traffic jam, and it took us about 40 minutes to get from BTS to Mochit bus terminal. A bit stressful, me imagining that the last bus will leave before we get there.

Mochit bus terminal is huge, crowded, and all signage seems to be in Thai only. I did not much enjoy my time there, and boyfriend was confused about where the bus left from. We were both a bit frazzled at the end, and glad to finally be on a bus and on our way.
Ekamai bus terminal, by comparison, is a breeze.