View Full Version : The Venue Opening on YouTube

June 18th, 2009, 16:00
For those of us that missed it or were not invited

[youtube:163rrjz3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyW1kS7jivc[/youtube:163rrjz3]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyW1kS7j ... r_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyW1kS7jivc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pattayapeople.com%2Fdefault. asp%3FFolder%3D16%26IdArticle%3D17620&feature=player_embedded)

June 18th, 2009, 16:59
Oh. My. God.

The shots of the audience look like the storeroom at Madame Tussaud's. And the show looks perfectly, well, "amateurish" is the politest thing I can think of to say.

June 18th, 2009, 17:27
Oh. My. God.

The shots of the audience look like the storeroom at Madame Tussaud's. And the show looks perfectly, well, "amateurish" is the politest thing I can think of to say.

I absolutely agree and would also add that one of them shown there should be on a 'Wanted Poster' but we won't go into that......

:cheers:

June 18th, 2009, 19:04
It looks very, very nice indeed ... and thank you for posting the video link.

(and thank you for the free room nights next weekend)

giggsy
June 18th, 2009, 19:19
and no photo's of Lucas?

June 18th, 2009, 19:19
The shots of the audience look like the storeroom at Madame Tussaud's.

Not fair Bunny. Tassaud's tends to be very life-like.

[attachment=0:36w1rf4x]Misc 083.jpg[/attachment:36w1rf4x]

CoffeeBreak
June 18th, 2009, 20:22
Agree with the comments above re Madam Tussard's and what a dump, eh?!
No one in their right minds would want to go to this place.....

June 18th, 2009, 21:32

Strange that - its the only gay show bar in Pattaya with good crowds/full houses.

June 18th, 2009, 21:39

Strange that - its the only gay show bar in Pattaya with good crowds/full houses.

That's what they used to say about Icon...

June 18th, 2009, 22:59
Obviously the guy in the video believed the hype that Botox would make him look better and not like some Barbie Doll reject.

You didn`t recognise him or you hate all gay show bars/owners?

June 18th, 2009, 23:35
Obviously the guy in the video believed the hype that Botox would make him look better and not like some Barbie Doll reject.

You didn`t recognise him or you hate all gay show bars/owners?

Maybe its not Botox but attending too many indoor barbecues with business partners that gave him that pasty look...

June 19th, 2009, 04:39
I am amazed how a 4 minute video can turn bitchy queens in to a hate session. What do others think? Is it jealousy? Are they the lower life of the gay world on this site ? Or what?!!
Lets try and get a sense of realism into the situation.
There is mention of a Ray Diamond. That is not his correct name spelling. In his earllier years he was known as Ray Cornell. So for the person who wants to Google, maybe( and I am not sure) if you type in Ray Cornell Dancers, you may get a clue.
As far as the video was concerned, again I am not sure who the lousy comments were steered at, but the person with the mike was Ray himself and the other notable person that was prominent was connected to Boys Boys Boys and someone who has spent many hours of his time working for the PGF, and who I believe the majority of contributors to this forum would appreciate that contribution.
As far as the Madame 'T' comments maybe they should take a look in the mirror when talking about waxworks figures.
Its fine on any forum to comment on each thread but it seems sad that those negative people have to demean themsleves to that level. But hey, thats sad bitchy queens!
Anyone agree?

June 19th, 2009, 05:36
it seems sad that those negative people have to demean themsleves to that level. But hey, thats sad bitchy queens!

The tireless promotion of the Venue with no other contribution is boring. If we aren't entertained then we'll create the entertainment. No problem. :cheers:

Mark posts about Krazy and Mr Dream posts about his business but that's different--they both share interesting details about what it is like to run their business and ask for input. The Venue seems to think they are all that and a bag of chips.

June 19th, 2009, 09:51
Anyone agree?

No.

And welcome to the forum, new poster. Why don't you tell us something about yourself?

TrongpaiExpat
June 19th, 2009, 12:59
his faults have made him into the guy he is today and thatтАЩs a shroud Business man, a very hard worker and a stickler to detail if you want to invest in any one he would be the guy to do it, he has an outstanding track record, I wont go into here, pm if you want to know,

RIP Ray. I did not even know he was sick.

TrongpaiExpat
June 19th, 2009, 13:17
I am sure that after reading a LMTU endorsement of his business he feels very ill and feels like he wants to zip up the shroud and die.

TrongpaiExpat
June 19th, 2009, 14:20
I have never said anything negative about the VENUE. I have not been there but will be soon and I will post a review.

You ever have a PET scan?

ANOMIC APHASIA Most people, particularly as they grow older, have trouble with the names of persons and things; all aphasic persons experience these difficulties. But when brain damage occurs in the area of the posterior brain where information from temporal, parietal, and occipital lobes converge, this problem of naming is much more pervasive than for normal and aphasic speakers alike. Most anomic aphasic individuals have excellent auditory comprehension and read well. But for most of them, writing mirrors speech, and individuals with anomic aphasia can take advantage of words provided by others. Hence, their repetition ability is good. Although anomic aphasia is classified as a fluent syndrome, frequent stops, starts, and word searches typically make speech choppy in between runs of fluency.

Ref: http://www.answers.com/topic/aphasia

aussie_
June 19th, 2009, 15:08
My input to the Sawatdee Gay Cut and Paste Bitch Fest.

I will decide for myself when I visit the Venue wax works next week.

June 19th, 2009, 16:47
"the guy mentioned has done nothing but good"

And pigs can fly, yeh, yeh ,yeh.................

June 19th, 2009, 19:02
Anyone agree?

No.

And welcome to the forum, new poster. Why don't you tell us something about yourself?

Why should I, when you will not reveal anything of yourself..........other than you have probably a couple of outdated computers,a couple of desks and a meeting room which probably subs as a lunch room. Give us a break you imbecile. Next you will be trying to tell us you are a high flying American consultant doing Corporate Conferences for poor Thai farmers from Issan with 20 years experience!!!. From your offices in Thonglor!!.

TrongpaiExpat
June 19th, 2009, 20:34
I'm hiding from no one and you can see what I look like any time,

OK, and your real name is?

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 19th, 2009, 22:14
I am sure that after reading a LMTU endorsement of his business he feels very ill and feels like he wants to zip up the shroud and die.

absolutely useless..the lot of you. Not one person even spotted LMTU in the room or for that matter, my good self.

So we know at least 6 people don't like the place.

Impulse
June 20th, 2009, 09:28
Anyone agree?

No.

Why should I, when you will not reveal anything of yourself..........other than you have probably a couple of outdated computers,a couple of desks and a meeting room which probably subs as a lunch room. Give us a break you imbecile. Next you will be trying to tell us you are a high flying American consultant doing Corporate Conferences for poor Thai farmers from Issan with 20 years experience!!!. From your offices in Thonglor!!. Lmao,good post Min, :salute:

June 20th, 2009, 09:36
I knew there were a few bitches on this forum, but this is unbelievable. The constant criticism of people and businesses in this town is out of order.

Ray and all who work with him have had the balls to create and work hard at The Venue, and make it a success. They have added some life to Jomtien Complex which 6 months ago looked pretty sad. They fill the place just about every night - obviously someone likes the show.
If you don't like it, there are other bars and other parts of town to go to.
If you think you can start a business and keep it going for any length of time in Pattaya, then show us or shut up.

As gay people, we should all support all the gay businesses in town, not just slag them off and the people who run them.

If it wasn't for people like Ray putting on a good show in the best looking bar in town, Gay Pattaya wouldn't exist quite like we know it. Just think what Gay Pattaya would be like without the farang owned bars - that is half of boyztown, all of Jomtien Complex and probably most of Sunee. Would you come to Pattaya then???

Gay Pattaya is still a lot of fun to many who come and visit, and those who live here.

ENJOY, DON'T DESTROY!

Impulse
June 20th, 2009, 10:03
You know its funny,I was thinking today what would gay Pattaya be like if there were no falang owners of bars. If only Thai were to be allowed to run and own the bars,what would it be like? Certainly not as fun a place as it is now. What would be left?,not a pretty picture. Maybe if you wanted a hot Thai guy your only alternative would be Gay Romeo. It would be interesting to know the history of the bar scene from the begining.

TrongpaiExpat
June 20th, 2009, 12:50
I knew there were a few bitches on this forum, but this is unbelievable. The constant criticism of people and businesses in this town is out of order.

As gay people, we should all support all the gay businesses in town, not just slag them off and the people who run them.

ENJOY, DON'T DESTROY!

The majority of what you portray as attacks on the good business people of Pattaya is from TROLLS. They are just being trolls and post negative comments to get a reaction and start a fight. They have never been to the VENUE and if they did you would never know about it. Then there's LMTU a unique troll that gets attacked for being him, not a business owner.

As a business owner or having some vested interested in the business of Pattaya, your post pretty much gives the trolls exactly what they want. They got you upset and you made a trolls day worthwhile.

IGNORE, DON"T REACT

June 20th, 2009, 13:10

It just boils down to 2 people, Lumdson and LMTU.
Seems to be the two most hated people in Pattaya...that is among the Sawtdee crowd. :director: :protest: :protest: :protest:

June 20th, 2009, 15:50
Boyz boyz Boyz started around the mid 90s but there was a selection of Bars around also Cockpit, was the best of the time, there was the Sky Roof Bar above Mr. Macs Hotel, all ok till the ex Priest running it was given a 2 page write up, in the biggest Tabloid Paper in the Uk bringing with it expos├йs of Pattaya and the 3rd floor of the Royal Garden Hotel, Gentleman's Bar was big in those days, then came Crazy Pub later, so it was good fun, I can tell you the first of the Gay wingers came mid 90s trying to change Thailand to make it more like their home, just what us the old school did not want then the winging really started and things over the last 15 years have started to dertiriate under a storm of complainers, who knows what the next 5 years is going to bring, but I can tell you it will only be worst then it is now or then.

Your knowledge of Pattaya (dates of bars opening, names of hotels and priests running gay bars!) sums your post up as total clap trap for want of a better word.....

June 20th, 2009, 22:00
you would never believe it to read your verbal diarrhea on here?

He seems to have a thing against anonymous posters since I got the same treatment. That being said, my impression so far is that he is fair and consistent about it. That is a reasonable standard to maintain, imo.

June 21st, 2009, 19:41
Anyone agree?

No.

Why should I, when you will not reveal anything of yourself..........other than you have probably a couple of outdated computers,a couple of desks and a meeting room which probably subs as a lunch room. Give us a break you imbecile. Next you will be trying to tell us you are a high flying American consultant doing Corporate Conferences for poor Thai farmers from Issan with 20 years experience!!!. From your offices in Thonglor!!.

You don't sound like a new poster to me. :)

Is there a reason you have felt compelled to initiate a new identiy for yourself, Mr. Hydra?

June 21st, 2009, 23:17
For those readers with an interest in the history of gay bars in Pattaya, you will find it well documented (sith a list of all gay bars 1982-2008 in:

BOYZTOWN 1982-2008: A History of Cockpit Bar, Le Bistro Restaurant and the Story of Boyztown, Pattaya
Available from most gay bars/outlets in Boyztown, price 600 baht (half proceeds to Pattaya Gay Festival)

It relates the story of Cockpit Bar from its beginnings in 1982 and tells all about every bar there has ever been in Boyztown.

jinks
June 22nd, 2009, 03:10
I've got a signed copy, should I put it to auction on ebay?

Brad the Impala
June 22nd, 2009, 04:39
For those readers with an interest in the history of gay bars in Pattaya, you will find it well documented (sith a list of all gay bars 1982-2008 in:

BOYZTOWN 1982-2008: A History of Cockpit Bar, Le Bistro Restaurant and the Story of Boyztown, Pattaya
Available from most gay bars/outlets in Boyztown, price 600 baht (half proceeds to Pattaya Gay Festival)

It relates the story of Cockpit Bar from its beginnings in 1982 and tells all about every bar there has ever been in Boyztown.

I believe the author has gone back to the UK and is living off social security checks

Your point is...?

elephantspike
June 22nd, 2009, 11:39
I'm subbed to your youtube channel, Oogie. I don't have any of my own videos, but my channel gets views because I have been a blabbermouth in the comments on popular youtube videos lately.

Those are some nice pics.

June 22nd, 2009, 16:12
quote="Beach Bunny"]

You don't sound like a new poster to me. :)

Is there a reason you have felt compelled to initiate a new identiy for yourself, Mr. Hydra?[/quote][/quote]

My goodness it sounds as if I hit a raw nerve :cheese: I dont do Hydra. Ya sees whats ya gets.

June 22nd, 2009, 18:36
I sees a Hydra.

June 22nd, 2009, 19:25
I sees a Hydra.

Then you are just a little lost and blind bunny wandering around looking for the next f+++. Try One of the Gay sites. I understand they do Braille on screen. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

June 22nd, 2009, 22:09
Was that an attempt at humor?

June 23rd, 2009, 01:24

You wouldn't understand humour dear,your not cleverer enough. Stick to your small business. Don't call us,we'll call you. :clown:

Brad the Impala
June 23rd, 2009, 01:43

You wouldn't understand humour dear,your not cleverer enough. Stick to your small business. Don't call us,we'll call you. :clown:

Definitely not clevererer enough! Not even smartart enough!

aussie_
July 1st, 2009, 14:10
As promised earlier in this post I went to the Venue last night. There were about 45 customers, the rest of Jomtien was dead, very few customers in any bar.

Congratulations to the management of the Venue for the effort that they have put into the place and the shows were good quality with some very good looking performers. If you keep your drink prices at the current fair level you will keep attracting customers. Maybe some breaks from the loud music or lowering the volume ocassionally between the shows so customers can chat more easily would be my only suggestion.

After leaving the Venue I went down the soi to see Monty who is still his usual cheerful self and is always fun to have drink with at his bar. Monty is a great guy and has some very sexy boys working at his bar and a fun show, maybe not on the scale of the Venue but always worth a visit.

July 1st, 2009, 14:27
I wonder how The Venue will cope now that Jomtien Complex has been declared a "residential" zone and all entertainment venues will have to be closed by midnight. Hotels can still sell alcohol to their guests, but The Venue is a guest house and not a hotel.

Interesting times ahead for Jomtien